The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Amazon FBA: Watch Me Hit $10K/Month Profit

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

ChrisD

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Jun 25, 2019
Perth, Australia
I’m going to document the entire process to $10K/Month Profit with my Amazon FBA business.

Current Progress:
  • I currently have 2 products selling on Amazon FBA in the US Marketplace.
  • Building the business to this point has taken many hours of work. Product research, talking with suppliers & freight forwarders, getting professional photography, writing copy etc.
  • The business now runs on its own in terms of fulfilling orders and managing returns as this is all done by Amazon. My main daily tasks now are ordering more stock, managing PPC campaigns, customer service and finding more potential product ideas.
  • Current profit for Sep 2022 is $1.1K
The Plan To $10K/Month:
  • I have an entire new brand and product launching early October.
  • I have been able to take the many learnings and insights from my current 2 products and develop this new brand and product which I believe will be a real winner.
  • Although I am launching on Amazon FBA to start, I have setup a website for this brand and plan to start selling through this website as well.
My Reasons Why:
  • To build a cashflow business as a stepping stone to future business ventures.
  • Be financially free, quit my 9-5 and create a life of joy and excitement.
  • To help my parents financially after everything they have done for me.
I have read The Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted a number of times - thanks @MJ DeMarco for writing these life changing books!

Will keep you updated on my progress. If you have any questions please ask away!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ahmfad

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Aug 26, 2022
Good luck Chris, keep us updated with your progress!
what is your process to research products?

GiacoQ

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Mar 31, 2022
Documenterò l'intero processo fino a $ 10.000/mese di profitto con la mia attività Amazon Logistica di Amazon.

Progresso corrente:
  • Al momento ho 2 prodotti in vendita su Amazon FBA nel mercato statunitense.
  • Costruire l'attività fino a questo punto ha richiesto molte ore di lavoro. Ricerca di prodotti, parlare con fornitori e spedizionieri, ottenere fotografie professionali, scrivere copie ecc.
  • L'attività ora funziona da sola in termini di evasione degli ordini e gestione dei resi, poiché tutto ciò è svolto da Amazon. Le mie principali attività quotidiane ora sono ordinare più scorte, gestire le campagne PPC, il servizio clienti e trovare più potenziali idee per i prodotti.
  • Il profitto attuale per settembre 2022 è di $ 1,1.000
Il piano per $ 10.000 al mese:
  • Ho un nuovo marchio e un prodotto completamente nuovo che lancerò all'inizio di ottobre.
  • Sono stato in grado di prendere le molte conoscenze e intuizioni dai miei attuali 2 prodotti e sviluppare questo nuovo marchio e prodotto che credo sarà un vero vincitore.
  • Anche se sto lanciando su Amazon FBA per iniziare, ho creato un sito Web per questo marchio e ho intenzione di iniziare a vendere anche tramite questo sito Web.
I miei motivi per cui:
  • Costruire un'attività di flusso di cassa come trampolino di lancio per future iniziative imprenditoriali.
  • Sii finanziariamente libero, lascia il mio 9-5 e crea una vita di gioia ed eccitazione.
  • Per aiutare finanziariamente i miei genitori dopo tutto quello che hanno fatto per me.
Ho letto The Millionaire Fastlane e Unscripted diverse volte - grazie @MJ DeMarco per aver scritto questi libri che cambiano la vita!

Ti terrò aggiornato sui miei progressi. Se hai domande, chiedi pure!
buona fortuna caro Chris!

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
I’m going to document the entire process to $10K/Month Profit with my Amazon FBA business.

Current Progress:
  • Building the business to this point has taken many hours of work. Product research, talking with suppliers & freight forwarders, getting professional photography, writing copy etc.
  • The business now runs on its own in terms of fulfilling orders and managing returns as this is all done by Amazon. My main daily tasks now are ordering more stock, managing PPC campaigns, customer service and finding more potential product ideas.
The Plan To $10K/Month:
  • I have been able to take the many learnings and insights from my current 2 products and develop this new brand and product which I believe will be a real winner.
  • Although I am launching on Amazon FBA to start, I have setup a website for this brand and plan to start selling through this website as well.
My Reasons Why:
I have read The Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted a number of times - thanks @MJ DeMarco for writing these life changing books!

Will keep you updated on my progress. If you have any questions please ask away!
Q4 is incoming, better make sure your current 2 products are organically ranked at top spots for main keywords (top 1-6) to make sure you hit that $10k/Month goal smoothly. Q4 is usually a bad memory for many sellers. Don't be one of them. Wishing you the best!

Check out my thread about launching and ranking a product on amazon on my profile. We also launched a product on Amazon in August.

Last edited:

fastlane_dad

8 Figure Fastlane Graduate
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
636%
Jun 20, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ

Current Progress:
Sounds like you are off to a good start. How long has this brand / products been around? Can you expand on this line of products - or take steps to grow it?
The Plan To $10K/Month:
Awesome, and yes you are correct to diversify. Is this in a different niche then first product, or a competitor to the other line of products you are selling?
My Reasons Why:

Good luck, amazon / fba is still a great business model if you can crack the code - but know it's important to also grow and promote your brand away from Amazon. Please keep this thread updated!

ChrisD

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Jun 25, 2019
Perth, Australia
Good luck Chris, keep us updated with your progress!
what is your process to research products?
Thanks will do!

There are quite a few factors that go into the process for researching products. Will list them out below:
Demand:
  • Assessing revenue numbers of top sellers using Helium10 software.
Competition:
  • Assess review numbers of top sellers.
  • Evaluate competitors listings.
  • Look for average listings that are selling well which can be improved in terms of photography & listing copy.
Improvability:
  • How can we improve the product?
  • Focus on the customer.
  • You need to create a product that is better in a meaningful way and it must make sense.
  • Keep in mind that the best improvements are often just simple changes - no need to reinvent the wheel.
  • Buyer Mindset - Why would somebody buy YOUR product instead of the competition?
7 Ways To Differentiate Your Product
  1. Better function or ergonomics
  2. Better, higher quality material
  3. Better visual design / aesthetics
  4. Great packaging – visual appearance
  5. Sizing
  6. Quantity
  7. Bundling
6 Ways To Identify Improvements
  1. Customer reviews
  2. Frequently bought together / customers also bought
  3. Ask your supplier
  4. Use the product yourself / solve a problem in your own life
  5. Take the best features of a different product & apply them to yours
  6. Ask real users of the product
4. Seasonality & Trends:
  • Is the product going to be available throughout the year or will it only be available during certain months?
  • Use Google Trends to check.
  • It is best to go for products with flat or evergreen seasonality.
  • Seasonal items are doable, but it makes it difficult to manage cash flow and inventory. Better to pursue when you are more experienced.
  • Keep an eye on emerging trends but be sure to avoid fads.
5. Intellectual Property & Liabilities:
  • Very important, check all of the following:
Things To Avoid:
  • Patents
  • Accidentally using trademarked names
  • Amazon restricted products
  • Amazon gated categories
  • Hazardous or high liability products
6. Brand Potential:
  • Evaluate the brand potential by asking who is buying this product and what else would they be buying?
  • Your product has to work on its own no matter what.
  • A brand is nice to have but it i s not a must have. Don’t turn down a product just because it doesn’t have branding potential.
  • For your first product you just want to get something on the board!
  • Dream goal: to get to $100k/month with 10-20 products under a cohesive brand that targets a very specific customer.
7. Profitability:
Profitability Metrics:
  • >100% ROI because you need to quickly grow your money base to re-invest in more products and inventory.
  • > 25% margin after PPC allows for margin compression.
buona fortuna caro Chris!
Thanks!
Q4 is incoming, better make sure your current 2 products are organically ranked at top spots for main keywords (top 1-6) to make sure you hit that $10k/Month goal smoothly. Q4 is usually a bad memory for many sellers. Don't be one of them. Wishing you the best!

Check out my thread about launching and ranking a product on amazon on my profile. We also launched a product on Amazon in August.
Thanks will do!
Sounds like you are off to a good start. How long has this brand / products been around? Can you expand on this line of products - or take steps to grow it?
Thanks @fastlane_dad ! I have read all your threads and have learnt so much from them, so thank you! These 2 products have been around for 1-2 years now. They are more stand-alone products with not much brand potential.
Awesome, and yes you are correct to diversify. Is this in a different niche then first product, or a competitor to the other line of products you are selling?
Same category but different niche. Our new product has much better brand potential with many different products and variations that we can expand into in the future.
Good luck, amazon / fba is still a great business model if you can crack the code - but know it's important to also grow and promote your brand away from Amazon. Please keep this thread updated!
Yes totally agree to grow and promote the brand away from Amazon. Will definitely keep this thread updated!

Vas87

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jul 4, 2012
Australia
Do you see the products you sell as something that will grow into a larger brand or are you more focused on what's trending/ best selling at the moment?

Ahmfad

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Aug 26, 2022
Thanks will do!

There are quite a few factors that go into the process for researching products. Will list them out below:
Demand:
  • Assessing revenue numbers of top sellers using Helium10 software.
Competition:
  • Assess review numbers of top sellers.
  • Evaluate competitors listings.
  • Look for average listings that are selling well which can be improved in terms of photography & listing copy.
Improvability:
  • How can we improve the product?
  • Focus on the customer.
  • You need to create a product that is better in a meaningful way and it must make sense.
  • Keep in mind that the best improvements are often just simple changes - no need to reinvent the wheel.
  • Buyer Mindset - Why would somebody buy YOUR product instead of the competition?
7 Ways To Differentiate Your Product
  1. Better function or ergonomics
  2. Better, higher quality material
  3. Better visual design / aesthetics
  4. Great packaging – visual appearance
  5. Sizing
  6. Quantity
  7. Bundling
6 Ways To Identify Improvements
  1. Customer reviews
  2. Frequently bought together / customers also bought
  3. Ask your supplier
  4. Use the product yourself / solve a problem in your own life
  5. Take the best features of a different product & apply them to yours
  6. Ask real users of the product
4. Seasonality & Trends:
  • Is the product going to be available throughout the year or will it only be available during certain months?
  • Use Google Trends to check.
  • It is best to go for products with flat or evergreen seasonality.
  • Seasonal items are doable, but it makes it difficult to manage cash flow and inventory. Better to pursue when you are more experienced.
  • Keep an eye on emerging trends but be sure to avoid fads.
5. Intellectual Property & Liabilities:
  • Very important, check all of the following:
Things To Avoid:
  • Patents
  • Accidentally using trademarked names
  • Amazon restricted products
  • Amazon gated categories
  • Hazardous or high liability products
6. Brand Potential:
  • Evaluate the brand potential by asking who is buying this product and what else would they be buying?
  • Your product has to work on its own no matter what.
  • A brand is nice to have but it i s not a must have. Don’t turn down a product just because it doesn’t have branding potential.
  • For your first product you just want to get something on the board!
  • Dream goal: to get to $100k/month with 10-20 products under a cohesive brand that targets a very specific customer.
7. Profitability:
Profitability Metrics:
  • >100% ROI because you need to quickly grow your money base to re-invest in more products and inventory.
  • > 25% margin after PPC allows for margin compression.

Thanks!

Thanks will do!

Thanks @fastlane_dad ! I have read all your threads and have learnt so much from them, so thank you! These 2 products have been around for 1-2 years now. They are more stand-alone products with not much brand potential.

Same category but different niche. Our new product has much better brand potential with many different products and variations that we can expand into in the future.

Yes totally agree to grow and promote the brand away from Amazon. Will definitely keep this thread updated!
Thank you for your input, I am interested in learning Amazon FBA. so I will keep an eye on this thread.

DavidePaco00

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 27, 2022

Current Progress:
The Plan To $10K/Month:
My Reasons Why:

Hello! :)

May I ask You what do You mean exaclty for cashflow business? Thanks :)

Vadim26

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Nov 23, 2018
Vancouver, BC.
Hey Chris,

It looks like we are on a similar journey.

I’ve started my FBA business last September in US and doing similar numbers in terms of profit. A lot of trial and error, but tons of learnings too.

Currently 2 products in US under 1 brand; planning to expand of the 1st product a bit, releases variations, different models and eventually exit, before starting a new brand.

It definitely took a while to get profitable. The biggest pushover for me was the getting good reviews and mastering PPC. But once you do it - it gets easier.

You’re right about product differentiation. It’s a must. I do a much deeper research now (using tools like data dive) when considering launching anything compared to before.

Message me if you wanna chat about anything Amazon related: product research, ppc, suppliers etc. I think it’d be fruitful for both of us.

Last edited:

ChrisD

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Jun 25, 2019
Perth, Australia
Do you see the products you sell as something that will grow into a larger brand or are you more focused on what's trending/ best selling at the moment?
New product I'm launching will be a brand with 5-10 products
May I ask You what do You mean exaclty for cashflow business? Thanks :)
A business that generates free cashflow. New product for the brand have high net margins and ROI. Amazon or any E-commerce business is very cash intensive at the start, so investing all the profits back into the business for the first 6-12 months is key to ensure growth.
Hey Chris,

It looks like we are on a similar journey.

I’ve started my FBA business last September in US and doing similar numbers in terms of profit. A lot of trial and error, but tons of learnings too.

Currently 2 products in US under 1 brand; planning to expand of the 1st product a bit, releases variations, different models and eventually exit, before starting a new brand.

It definitely took a while to get profitable. The biggest pushover for me was the getting good reviews and mastering PPC. But once you do it - it gets easier.

You’re right about product differentiation. It’s a must. I do a much deeper research now (using tools like data dive) when considering launching anything compared to before.

Message me if you wanna chat about anything Amazon related: product research, ppc, suppliers etc. I think it’d be fruitful for both of us.
Great to hear Vadim! Definitely should connect will send you a DM

DavidePaco00

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 27, 2022
New product I'm launching will be a brand with 5-10 products

A business that generates free cashflow. New product for the brand have high net margins and ROI. Amazon or any E-commerce business is very cash intensive at the start, so investing all the profits back into the business for the first 6-12 months is key to ensure growth.

Great to hear Vadim! Definitely should connect will send you a DM
OK, thank You :)

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
When you first started on Amazon, do you do Private Label (PL) or Wholesale?
Also, I assume your current and latest Amazon product is PL.

onionhanh

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Apr 9, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks for posting. I'm still in the product research phase so reading your post has helped me get more clarity on what I should look for to provide more value to the customer.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.