The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

All Businesses Will Fail In a Couple Of Months??

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I don’t think it’s hysteria. I think a lot of people want to take a bit of action.
Andy, they're a day late and a dime short! They should be hoarding their cash and only buying what they REALLY need. A year's supply of toilet paper isn't a "need" right now. It's a knee-jerk reaction to the unknown. I agree that they are trying to do something -- anything to feel secure -- BUT, they are going at this without thinking about the real problem. The problem rearing its head is how to financially survive in a world that has lost its legs for the moment.

I've been planning for this day for many years -- since the last financial crisis and the one before that and so on. When the people around me were taking their exotic vacations and buying their cool cars, I was saving and planning. They made fun of me and told me I was stupid. In their words, I needed to get a life. Now, I'm sitting back quietly and watching this crisis unfold. Yes, it is different. But, so was 2008, 9-11, 1990, and 1980. How about 1973 when we had to line up for gas for the first time due to OPEC?

I don't have a clue how long it's going to last. I do know that my rents will continue to roll in. People must live somewhere and I have a good thing going with those investments. And people must wash their clothes at some point, so they will use my Laundromat. If the people paying on their properties don't pay, I'll call my attorney. If the people stop making their car payments, I'll call my repo guy. My life will go on. I've always been the adult in the room. For me, this is just another moment -- not a disaster. I can't say that for a lot of other people I'm watching...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
My lawn care business is good.

All customers are on 12 month contracts and auto pay with their cards. You can bet I’m running their cards each month.

90% of my costs are variable. If shit really hits the fan I can fire my employees and do the work myself. Larger profit margin just on a smaller scale.

As long as my customers’ cards work, I’ll be okay.
Good backup plan. I like your style.

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
As the father of 10 and 6 year old boys who specialize in leaving their fingerprints, everywhere? I'd love a service like this. My 6 year old contracted "foot and mouth" disease, several years ago, after playing on the slide at a local park. I googled everything I could think of based on the outbreak and pain my son was experiencing. Nothing.

It wasn't until his pediatrician walked into the exam room, took one look at the bumps around his mouth and said, "foot and mouth" disease, that we had an answer about his condition. I thought it was a joke - I'd never heard if this affliction.

Of course, I immediately thought of starting a high pressure steam cleaning service for municipal parks. Especially, with all the homeless encampments sprouting up around the area.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
When you don't follow the hype, nothing will change. I was this year already in Thailand and came back with a cold (7 days ill). Two weeks later I was in the US and got the flu (apparently, fever and coughing, 10 days ill) one day after arriving back home in Germany.I went to two docs, both made jokes about Corona, but I was not tested, they just said rest, sleep and drink a lot. Thats what I did and I am fully recovered. Since then, nothing has changed.
Well I’m glad you’re young and healthy with no underlying conditions.

For many people around the world, this virus WILL be devastating or deadly for them.

Exactly why I didagree...the statistic of 750 million people quarantined shows that they are already on top of slowing it down. I still think it’s overreacting to not work anymore/lose the desire to start a business out of fear of a virus. I’d rather go out swinging
It’s easy when you’re an authoritarian government.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
As the father of 10 and 6 year old boys who specialize in leaving their fingerprints, everywhere? I'd love a service like this. My 6 year old contracted "foot and mouth" disease, several years ago, after playing on the slide at a local park. I googled everything I could think of based on the outbreak and pain my son was experiencing. Nothing.

It wasn't until his pediatrician walked into the exam room, took one look at the bumps around his mouth and said, "foot and mouth" disease, that we had an answer about his condition. I thought it was a joke - I'd never heard if this affliction.

Of course, I immediately thought of starting a high pressure steam cleaning service for municipal parks. Especially, with all the homeless encampments sprouting up around the area.
Yesterday I talked to my sister-in-law, who is a nurse practitioner. I asked her about the homeless population and the Coronavirus. She said it will be a real disaster for that population. Most have unlying health conditions due to drug use. She said that many will die. We'll see what happens.

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
Yesterday I talked to my sister-in-law, who is a nurse practitioner. I asked her about the homeless population and the Coronavirus. She said it will be a real disaster for that population. Most have unlying health conditions due to drug use. She said that many will die. We'll see what happens.
I was thinking the same thing about that group of people. There are homeless encampments all over the L.A. area and I wonder what the story is with all the folks in that situation. Lots of drugs and mental illness.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.