The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Advice/Opinion on my new website design. Does it really need Photo's???

Marketing, social media, advertising

Paul Burrows

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jul 12, 2019
I write Wills. It's not in the least bit sexy. I'm going to be moving in 4 weeks time and I am using this time to totally redesign my website. My previous website had numerous photos of happy families and that sort or thing. My thought was that these images would help to sell the "my product will help your secure you families future" aspect. I came to hate the site, I'm so glad I have this time to redesign. The aspect I'm struggling with is this.
Do I need Photo's?
I'm leaning towards a clean crisp design with some sharp graphics and a clear message that my service is quick, simple, good value and that i'm a Wills and Probate expert. Do I really need to back that up with cheesy photo's that honestly just make me cringe and therefore suspect make others cringe too?
Any advice would be greatly revieved.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

SchenkFinancial

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 17, 2019
Germany
To quote MJ: "Brand Y has a professional website, clear photos, an "about us" page with an intriguing story, a clear refund policy, a toll-free number, and an impressive collection of positive reviews. In your value competition of Brand X versus Brand Y, you make a weighted determination on attribute importance and make a decision."

Some clients attach great importance to the cheap prices of Brand X, other clients attach great importance to the appealing website of Brand Y. "The point is: this competition strikes everyone differently."

Photos are just one attribute of multiple buying attributes for each offer. Your potential buyers will look at several value attributes which will frame your offer in their mind. These value attributes are crisp, clean photos, payment options, employee photos, celebrity endorsements, etc.

Last edited:

Paul Burrows

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jul 12, 2019
Great feedback guys, thanks. I get that text only is a no no. I've put some graphics in. I'm considering going for pro photo, there are some who have put awful selfies on their sites. I'm providing the service after all and if I get it right, haircut, best suit, pro shot etc. What do you think

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Make sure you go to tinypng to compress them first. Label them all appropriately.

Yes, you NEED pictures. I would actually search for pictures of families sitting and looking relieved or comforting or hugging one another or pictures of houses.

Remember that ppl who are blind have the copy read to them by an automated voice. So “Grieving family finds peace together while reading a will prepared correctly by -Your Company-“

Or “Two story home saved after parents pass away because the will done by -Your Name- was completed in time.”

These are just off the top of my head but you can get creative. My point is to show the benefit to the customer who is looking through your site while signaling to google your keywords, name, brand, and intent.

HTH

Paul Burrows

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jul 12, 2019
Make sure you go to tinypng to compress them first. Label them all appropriately.

Yes, you NEED pictures. I would actually search for pictures of families sitting and looking relieved or comforting or hugging one another or pictures of houses.

Remember that ppl who are blind have the copy read to them by an automated voice. So “Grieving family finds peace together while reading a will prepared correctly by -Your Company-“

Or “Two story home saved after parents pass away because the will done by -Your Name- was completed in time.”

These are just off the top of my head but you can get creative. My point is to show the benefit to the customer who is looking through your site while signaling to google your keywords, name, brand, and intent.

HTH
Hi, thanks so much for taking the time to answer me. I'll get some stock images together and mess about until some stick. I think I'll start a new thread about putting a photo of yourself on your website too.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Hi, thanks so much for taking the time to answer me. I'll get some stock images together and mess about until some stick. I think I'll start a new thread about putting a photo of yourself on your website too.

If you use stock images you’ll need to download them, rename them, use tinypng, and THEN use them on your site.

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
I'll take it a few steps further.

First of all, there is absolutely no doubt you need pictures.

Second, try to minimize text blocks. Use bulleted lists - captions on photos - headlines. Use a LOT of white space. Nobody wants to read extensive text.

Ready for the secret sauce? What can a website do that your business card or a billboard can't? MOVE! Add movement. Add a video (under 3 minutes) - add animation. Add anything that gets attention AND says something at the same time.

My project today is to redo my website. My behind the scenes analytics shows that I get a lot of views, but very few clicks. I have to juice things up and draw people in. For my purpose, I am adding a header that is animated. I am going to have key points created as graphics that slide in, pop in, and fade in - all in the header at the top of the page. Some people refer to the header as the banner. Banners are good. Animated "shows" are 100 times better.

What are you selling? Peace of mind - comfort - expert assistance. These are all things people want and will pay extra for. You are not selling you just writing a document. You are selling taking CARE of a very big need for a family. I sell the same thing, in a way. One of the things I do is real estate appraising. Yes, it's repetitive and boring to me because I've done thousands of them. Just this week, I had to fight off my competition with a customer that wanted to know why I was more expensive than others that he talked to. I said it was because I'm worth it. I am selling a couple of decades of experience, which nobody can buy, so the only way they have to compete against me is price - which I can match if I wanted to - but instead of matching price, I deliver the best quality available, based on thousands of prior appraisals. I said I can compete with anyone on price, but they can't compete with me on anything EXCEPT price. I get the client - every time.

You should, therefore, tailor your images to press buttons in people of how assured they will be - and how well things will be taken care of during this important time. You care - you have the expertise - this is a real issue they have to deal with. Damn - you are SO much more valuable than you give yourself credit for.

Spend some time looking at websites. See what gets your attention. I personally don't like dentists and lawyers on a personal level. They cause me pain, and I'm a crybaby. Nevertheless, I have seen many of them that promote themselves on a level that is impossible to resist. They know how to hit hot spots to flip switches on in people's minds. Market to the "legacy" they are leaving behind - market to "taking care of their family" - market to taking care of the next generation... these are all manly traits that men (most) pride themselves on - caring and taking care of their family.

Athena

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Sep 22, 2019

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics