The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Admitting there's a problem is the first step.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
Where's @IceCreamKid when you need him??

I'm taking some time off from the forum to focus more on my 2nd business, bro. I'm handing my primary one off to my dad as soon as everything is automated. Sales dropped from $2k a day to $200 a day at one point because I didn't do my due diligence, but the problem has been fixed and I'm slowly growing back to $2k a day. The whole journey will be discussed at C&B.

My plan: the rest of this week will be spent researching the living hell out of different possible needs I every possible industry.

Okay I always say take action daily, but you have to be laser focused and execute smartly about it. Don't research every possible industry, that takes too much time. You need some filters so that you can quickly weed out the industries that you should avoid.

Pick lucrative industries that have lots of money flowing around. Preferably an industry that is growing, not contracting. Make sure that you can reach the business owners by phone. E-mail is not personal enough and it's very difficult to find pains unless you pick up the damn phone.

I'm going to try to figure out how to pre-sell a solution if it's possible for what I find.

Don't worry about pre-selling right now. At the core it's very simple and all about building rapport, creating trust, and establishing credibility. If you actually get to the point of getting the guts to pick up the phone and talk to people to find the pain, I'll show you the process I'm currently using to pre-sell $20k among 10 people. It's sorta like a JackEdwards angle.

But yeah, don't worry about pre-selling. There's no point in knowing how to pre-sell if you don't have a pain in front of you to solve. You don't need to know the 99 steps ahead of you...you only need the first 2 steps. So pick an industry based on the filters that I just gave you then start calling them.

There is a good chance that someone will want equity partnership in your company simply because they gave you the idea. Politely decline. This is a sign that they are a rookie entrepreneur and have never experienced the real roller-coaster of emotions that being in business puts you through. When you take your first business to $100k, you will realize that the idea is worth 10% and the other 90% is pure hustle. You'd be surprised how far you can get by simply taking action daily.

The amount of satisfaction you will have with your life is directly correlated with how much uncertainty you are willing to stomach. So learn to be okay with uncertainty. I consider lack of clarity to be good in a way because that means you are now questioning your old reality and are slowly welcoming a new, better reality into your life.

Chances are a whole ton of emotions are going to rise to the surface and start messing with your head in the process unless you are an emotionless robot. This is where you start to realize that the idea is almost insignificant and that process is everything. Remember this: when you are in a state of confusion, there is usually an unconscious emotion blocking you. Learn to identify what those emotions are and master it.

“I’m scared to take the wrong action. I feel like I need to be prepared before doing anything.”

“People don’t take me seriously, I’m too young, not qualified enough, etc.”

“People will think I’m trying to cheat them.”

“This is too hard. There’s too much information out there. I don’t know where to start.”

“I don’t have enough money to get started.”

If you are having mindset issues just send me a PM and I'll do my best to walk you through sorting your head out. You can have all of the steps for a successful business laid out before you, but if you cannot condition your mindset to that of a go getter, the future obstacles may overwhelm you or even paralyze you into taking zero action. Mindset is everything.

Throw your TV on Craigslist for free and have someone pick it up immediately. Instead of spending 1 hour on TV each night, spend 1 hour copying some Gary Halbert sales letters to learn copywriting. You need to master these 2 things bro:

1. Learn to identify pain points that can scale.
2. Learn to create a compelling and convincing offer that you can market to the masses. That's what copywriting is for.

I will analyze the data that I collect and choose the most popular need.

This is up for debate, but I would choose a need that I may have some interest in even if that means less money. If I'm going to be involved with a business for the next 3-5 years then I want to be at least somewhat interested in the topic on some level. I'm not saying that I have to be ultra passionate for it, but there has to be some genuine interest.

Like most things worth pursuing in life, this requires effort on your part. If you are willing to work harder than you do in your 9-5 then the universe will reward you for it.

I'm not sure how old you are or if you have a gf/wife, but hopefully she supports the path that you are taking. Most people will think you're nuts.

Take action daily. Get the ice cream.

You are half man/half amazing and possess superhero powers to solve the needs and pains of others. That is your sole purpose. You are not chasing money, you are a pain solver. All that you want is to leave your mark on this planet and leave the world a better place than when you entered it by solving the pains of others. That is all. It's not about money. Money is nothing more than a reflection of the amount of value you give to the world.

You are at peace with who you are. You are not seeking validation from others, including the business owners you are contacting. You give yourself permission to be your true self...a guy who only wants to solve the pains of others, with zero attachment to personal gain. When you approach them with sincerity and show your authentic flawed self with them, they will do the same and admit their pains and needs to you. That is all you need...to love others.

For it is in giving that we receive…and that is the true essence of the Fastlane. It’s not about you. It’s about them.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
In Philadelphia, PA, there is a shelter called the Drueding Center (on Master Street). Drueding Center was founded in 1987 by the Sisters of the Holy Redeemer to provide transitional housing and support services to homeless women with dependent children.

Here's your chance to make a difference.

If you have taken significant action in your life, and posted that via. a progress thread to the forum by May 15th 2014 (one month from now) I will send you a care package you get to hand deliver to the Drueding Center worth $500 retail. Our mutual (product) donation will benefit homeless women and children. You will get to see first hand what the impact of this is. You can hand deliver this to the shelter.

If you fail to take action, and/or make meaningful progress to push past your barriers, the deal is off. And see, in so doing, you have not only sat on your a$$, but you have cost other people something of value. I can do this anywhere. I want to do it with you. In your back yard. To your community.

So Go. No more bullshit posts. Just tangible, fast lane action.

Time to put my money where your mouth is. I look forward to your updates. Don't screw this up. People are depending on you.

http://www.druedingcenter.org/DruedingCenter/DruedingCenter.aspx

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
*Stands*

My name is Jeff, and I'm a wantrepreneur.

*Sits*

Why do I feel this way? Well, because I want to do something. In fact, I want to do lots of somethings. "So do it," you might say. I would love to. I would love to just pick something, commit 10,000% to it, and do it. Why can't I? Because as much as everyone preaches that you have to make $1 before you can make $100, I keep telling myself that the $1 is too little. If I'm doing something, it needs to be MASSIVE. But I'm doing it all wrong.

I don't want to hear "well you can't skip steps." No shit. The problem is that with every small step in progress, my mind goes from that little step to trying to skip the next 5. Reinvesting only that $1 will never yield a 10,000% return, no matter what amount of time you allow it.

Can someone give me a mental and emotional beat down? Not a "keep going, you'll get there" style pep talk, that's what I do with my 3 year old when he tries to beat some level on "Angry Birds." More of a "you suck until you prove me wrong."

Believe it or not, this is no cry for help, or hand holding, or even advice. This is my shallow attempt at trying to FOCUS on one single thing at a time, instead of investing $1 profit from one thing in to something entirely unrelated.

Missing the ability to commit yourself to one thing at a time seems to be the Achilles heel to many of us beginning our journeys. This is where the winners and losers are discovered, and either encouraged or eaten. This is where the Shark Tank of the real world comes in to play. Sink or swim, you need to commit to ONE SINGLE THING AT A TIME. Otherwise you'll stretch yourself beyond the breaking point. Yep, there ARE OPPORTUNITIES EVERYWHERE. That is where the root of most problems shows itself. We want the path of least resistance, so when we start on a path but notice something that might be easier, we take the side street. A little "shortcut to success," if you will.

When that becomes a larger path that's more difficult to navigate, and we see another side street, we turn again. We fail to remember that the shortest distance from one point to another is a straight line ie. one single path. It may have hills that slow down our progress, but when you reach the top, you can accelerate without any effort. Sure, there may be another hill - but every one has a peak, and over every peak is some free acceleration.

I offer this thread, as insignificant as it may be in your life and journey, to show the effects of what happens - in a real life, day to day fashion - when someone does exactly what it seems that I'm doing to myself. Focus and commitment are necessary to success, and without them you end up right where you started.

This is my commitment to hold myself accountable for my own actions or inactions, my focus or lack thereof, my commitment or estrangement, and my faithfulness or adulteration of these ideas that could each be incredible if executed properly, and raised from birth to maturity.

Will I exorcise my entrepreneurial demons, or will I be overcome by the evils that I subconsciously foster and generally succumb to on a conscious level? Is there room for me in the trillion dollar pond?

I guess I'll find out.

You've read too many books. You talk in too many platitudes. Stop F*cking talking and start taking action. This is your 400th post on here. WTF? 400 posts? You posted this like a noob. You're too easy on yourself.
Shit or get off the pot. Stop talking about it.

Either subscribe to your current life, or change it. Nobody gives a shit. You want your legacy to be that of a fast food worker? Fine. History will forget you.

But posting this thread is in and of itself an action fake. You are the type of guy that I would meet with, and then never meet with again. I have met you 100 times, with 100 different faces. Almost all of those 100 are still...exactly...where you are at today.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
144678206749297793_OW2ue7UN_c.jpg

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
End of day one (kind of):

Today was a day of rejection. Not by business owners or managers, but but the dreaded gatekeepers!!!! I did get to speak with a few owners at smaller manufacturing facilities, (I gave no bias to what they make) and so far I've heard a few things that seem interesting, but I really want to talk to the bigger guys.

This is why it's only "kind of" the end of the day. I'll be researching every possible method to get around those obnoxious gatekeepers. Secretaries are great and all, until they try to keep me from talking to the boss.

I did send emails to the guys that were "inaccessible," despite being told they don't use it. We'll see if I get any responses. I'm effin hyped now!

If any of you have any tips on secretary avoidance, please share. I'm confident it would help more than just me!

Thanks everyone!

Start at the top. I called a fortune 20 company yesterday. Asked for the CEO. Knew he wouldn't take my call, but asking for him by NAME skirted all of the gatekeepers. Then, the CEO's office refers you to the right executive. Then you call him, and say "I was referred to you by Mr. CEO's office..."

Keep pushing.

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
*Stands*

My name is Jeff, and I'm a wantrepreneur.

*Sits*

Why do I feel this way? Well, because I want to do something. In fact, I want to do lots of somethings. "So do it," you might say. I would love to. I would love to just pick something, commit 10,000% to it, and do it. Why can't I? Because as much as everyone preaches that you have to make $1 before you can make $100, I keep telling myself that the $1 is too little. If I'm doing something, it needs to be MASSIVE. But I'm doing it all wrong.

I don't want to hear "well you can't skip steps." No shit. The problem is that with every small step in progress, my mind goes from that little step to trying to skip the next 5. Reinvesting only that $1 will never yield a 10,000% return, no matter what amount of time you allow it.

Can someone give me a mental and emotional beat down? Not a "keep going, you'll get there" style pep talk, that's what I do with my 3 year old when he tries to beat some level on "Angry Birds." More of a "you suck until you prove me wrong."

Believe it or not, this is no cry for help, or hand holding, or even advice. This is my shallow attempt at trying to FOCUS on one single thing at a time, instead of investing $1 profit from one thing in to something entirely unrelated.

Missing the ability to commit yourself to one thing at a time seems to be the Achilles heel to many of us beginning our journeys. This is where the winners and losers are discovered, and either encouraged or eaten. This is where the Shark Tank of the real world comes in to play. Sink or swim, you need to commit to ONE SINGLE THING AT A TIME. Otherwise you'll stretch yourself beyond the breaking point. Yep, there ARE OPPORTUNITIES EVERYWHERE. That is where the root of most problems shows itself. We want the path of least resistance, so when we start on a path but notice something that might be easier, we take the side street. A little "shortcut to success," if you will.

When that becomes a larger path that's more difficult to navigate, and we see another side street, we turn again. We fail to remember that the shortest distance from one point to another is a straight line ie. one single path. It may have hills that slow down our progress, but when you reach the top, you can accelerate without any effort. Sure, there may be another hill - but every one has a peak, and over every peak is some free acceleration.

I offer this thread, as insignificant as it may be in your life and journey, to show the effects of what happens - in a real life, day to day fashion - when someone does exactly what it seems that I'm doing to myself. Focus and commitment are necessary to success, and without them you end up right where you started.

This is my commitment to hold myself accountable for my own actions or inactions, my focus or lack thereof, my commitment or estrangement, and my faithfulness or adulteration of these ideas that could each be incredible if executed properly, and raised from birth to maturity.

Will I exorcise my entrepreneurial demons, or will I be overcome by the evils that I subconsciously foster and generally succumb to on a conscious level? Is there room for me in the trillion dollar pond?

I guess I'll find out.

workingtitle

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
May 27, 2013
I thought about not posting this but I felt it would be doing you a disservice to not tell you.

You don't need this thread.
You don't need any of the "top guys" of this forum holding you accountable.
You don't need to romanticize your "struggle"
You don't need to post updates every day telling strangers you picked up the phone, made one call, and felt you did something for the day.

You're action faking. Even your "I'll give people money to hold me accountable" is action faking. Does zen******* have his check yet? Why not? Why do you tag every major player of this forum in your posts? Do you think MJ gives a shit? Every one of your posts in this thread is either an action fake or an approval grab.

Look at the "support" you've received so far. The only reason they're even offering you SOME help is because your posting right now embodies everything that they hate. Laziness, Pity, Weakness, Helplessness. These are the things that they've purposely had to crush within themselves. You think they don't have those feelings? Think again. The difference between them and you is that they beat it. They didn't succumb. They bailed themselves out. When you post and remind them that this mindset still exists it exasperates them. It really says something about the quality of the people on this forum that this thread has been entertained for this long.

I think you're going to fizzle out. I think Zen will become $1000 richer (if he ever receives your checks). And I think that homeless shelter will miss out on a care package. So if your success is a stock, I'm shorting you.

Did I strike a nerve? Prove me wrong. Everyone's watching.

Last edited:

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly

Not going to beat you down haha. But damn..We are both from the same area...

You Woke up on Sunday and did what? Posted here? I went into a shop on West Chester Pike and took a $500 check from a lady who wanted to do a deal with me. I can make money on her ten times over now.

Didn't have a website. Didn't have the product in hand. Actually, I'm drop shipping it then repackaging. Easy.

And that's not even my current biz. I just wanted to make money...

So think if it this way...locally, you are completing against people like me. People who will wake up at 5am and kick your a$$. And there are people out there kicking my a$$. Trust me.

Now you have to Keep up...

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Think about it differently. You can take some pictures of the stuff when it arrives as a celebration that you are moving the ball forward and impacting people's lives. Yes, the whole forum is watching to see what you do. You will tangibly impact peoples lives 30 days or less from now! There's no pressure if there is no alternative but taking action. Re-read the Millionaire Fastlane if you need to. We'll know in a month of your post was an action fake or not. As of now, only you know. Only you know if you have what it takes inside of you to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and drive forward.

I look forward to seeing the update. I only want your mailing address when this goal is met and we're ready to roll into the Drueding Center. My guess is the next 30 days won't be filled with bullshit posts and feeling sorry for your inaction. So go.

I wonder who the Moms and kids are that will be blessed by your action. Think of things way bigger than you. You'll get this done. Tag me in your progress thread when you create it do that I don't miss it.

Go.

D

DeletedUser2

o Go. No more bullshit posts. Just tangible, fast lane action.
Time to put my money where your mouth is. I look forward to your updates. Don't screw this up. People are depending on you.

I will Add 100 bucks Cash to this when Vig Sends it. SO I'm investing in your ACTION

now stop F*cking around.

Z

D

DeletedUser2

Will I exorcise my entrepreneurial demons,

send me 10, $100 dollar checks
every Monday, you email me what the F*ck you going to do.
every Friday if it aint done, I get to cash a check.

I don't even care if you don't have the money in your account.
because, I can collect it. one way or another.
Z

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
JAJT quit his job, imported some items, and launched a company.

JasonR threw his printer off a balcony and outsourced his work to scale.

Biophase found some soap, branded it, and launched it on Amazon.

RealOG designed a adult big wheel and successfully brought it through Kickstarter.

RichKid went from riches to rags and back to riches again.

Likwid got onto Shark Tank.

ChickenHawk released her second book in a series.

Ecom Man researched a dozen new products today, and placed a sample order.

KAK changed directions, abandoned his "job" that he owned, and built a passive income machine.

I presented to a VC for a first round equity raise, and inked a few strategic marketing partnerships / distribution agreements.

Darius imported Hookahs.

BensonJ... where do I begin. She's on the fast lane.

AllenCrawley --- I am not at liberty to discuss what he is doing but he got me to spend a small amount of money on him this week.

zen******* takes more action before I get up than I take all day.

Hell, some spammer bought an ad and promoted a tee shirt.

When ideas turn into action, they're apparent, and can be summarized in two sentences or less.

When your action converts into a real strategic plan, it will be apparent to you and everyone around you. And us.

If you are looking for a burning bush, you're talking to the wrong god.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Here's your lesson as you are half way through day 1.
CHANGE YOUR EXPECTATIONS.

RAISE YOUR EXPECTATIONS.

YOU ARE THE F*ckING CEO. The other CEO's are your PEERS.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
OK so refocus on the objective.

The Drueding Center in Philly focuses on the most vulnerable, helping them recover the dignity of standing on their own. They serve 500 families annually, including 30+ families that live there. Over the years, there have been 1,250 children that have been helped as part of the families helped through their programs.

No matter where any of us on the forum are at this exact moment, chances are most of us have life better than the 500 families that will be touched by the Drueding Center this year. We have day to day challenges when a car breaks down, the finances run tight, or business doesn't turn out exactly the way we thought it would.

My week has been shit and it's only Tuesday. However, I am blessed a thousand fold over the people that are waiting for our donations. Perspective. Recalibration. Reset. Reload.

The Drueding Center in Philly focuses on the most vulnerable, helping them recover the dignity of standing on their own. (repeated for emphasis on the prize)

So, they don't care about your past failures. They don't care what happened last week. These people are worse off than you and I are. You are there to bring them light (figuratively and in your case literally!). For one minute, you can look into the face of a situation more desperate than your own. And you can help solve it. And in so doing, you will affect dozens of people you will never meet. You will give them a moment of hope. And in so doing... hopefully you will capture a moment of hope for yourself also.

That's what this is about.

Work on things that are bigger than yourself. That's how we become great. Big things, giving back, expecting nothing in return. I don't believe in chance or luck, but I do believe in karma. I believe we are blessed by blessing others. It may not manifest itself in material things, but it always comes back around in calmness of spirit and a feeling of gratefulness that you can actually make a difference in your world, and on a more micro level in some individuals life.

Go make some people's day brighter, and in the process light a fire that should continue well after the donation.

And then, tell us it's done so we can put this chapter to bed. It's time to roll on.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
May I suggest that you don't compare yourself to ANYONE. The only battle you fight is with yourself. Be a better you than yesterday. Do that for an entire year and you will have made tremendous progress, and changes.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
I keep telling myself that the $1 is too little

And it is, if $1 is all it ever amounts to.

Think about it like a diet. 1 pound is not a lot. You can literally alter your weight by more than that just by eating/drinking a lot over the space of an hour. But if you can lose a pound repeatedly, you're getting somewhere.

$15. Also a small amount; you'd earn that at McDonald's in two hours.

You'd need to earn just $15/day to make $100/week extra. You could literally earn more than that by cutting three lawns per week or pulling 3 minimum price gigs on Fiverr per day.

You're probably thinking, "What, $100/week? That's not going to get me my freedom."

No, but it is $5,200 extra per year, or the equivalent of around a 10% raise for the average American worker. How hard would you have to work and beg and plead to get a 10% raise at work? $15/day gets you there, and it isn't very much. Push yourself to create $1.00 in value, not once, but daily. Then $5, then $15. Early on, if you don't have an idea, you'll get them by doing this, because the only way you're going to make $15/day apart from your job is by directly entering the value creation process with your own customer. Buy a Fender guitar for $500 and sell it for $550. Cut a lawn. Haul away a free tredmill, put a new $80 belt on it, and resell it for $150.

As you create the value, look for needs. When you spot one, one confirmed by people willing to pay, that's your one idea. Then you're rolling. Remember that the idea doesn't need to need to be the end game. It doesn't have to be "millions or nothing" on the first try. Try to make $100-200/week. Remember that if you are single and don't have debts, and can run a tight financial ship while you plan your business, you could quit your job by generating as little as $700-800/week. $800/week, every week, not "a million dollar idea," is what could really change your life.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
For the big guys, I wasn't particularly looking for Mr.CEO, but I like the way you think. Maybe that's the route to go, especially for maximum impact.

BULLSHIT.

I am ALWAYS looking for the CEO. Because, the CEO will always tell me WHO to talk through to cut through all the shit.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I think where most fail is in tenacity in what MJ coined as the "desert of desertion."

It's common for us as entrepreneurs to stay up all night penning our Jerry McGuire manifesto of "the things we think and do not say."

We get super excited about a new idea. Print the business cards, get the Fiverr logo, and spend a few weeks working like mad on the new "business."

Then life creeps back in. It becomes exhausting to work a 9-5, and then work on your business from 7-2AM and start the cycle over again.

It works for a few weeks, as adrenaline and dreams about getting rich provide the fuel.

But a month in... and no money coming in... and more work in front of you... and your favorite sports team is on, and your girlfriend points out that you're not making any money (after a whole thirty days) and maybe the dog needs to go to the vet, and Christmas is coming up, and ... and... and...

and people fade to gray.

What if it takes you a year? What if it takes you four years? What if you crash and burn? Twice? Three times? While everyone keeps second guessing you.

When I went to "Beer and Pancakes" a few years ago, my wife, who is an amazing entrepreneurial wife, didn't get it.

She does now.

Point being... the grind has different durations.

There's an entrepreneur on the forum @TedM that is grinding on his business. It didn't happen in a week. It didn't happen in a month. It didn't turn into gold in his first year. Should he QUIT? Only if he wants to settle back into building someone else's dream.

The OP sent me an email at one point, indicating he was throwing in the towel on his current venture... the one where he told me he had reached the success milestone that would trigger my donation. I told him beforehand that he, and only he, would be able to judge his progress. He told me he was meeting his milestones, and that I should make the honorary donation that was the "prize." Then, he said he was scrapping it, and moving in another direction. He also at that time was getting mentored by a poster ---that is no longer on the forum. That may also be why he went MIA. Several of them did at that window of time.

In any case, my point is... we all have 100 ideas. I have followed several of mine through to success, and a few to epic failure. However, you might never know how close you are to the break through if you give in and give up when you get bored, tired, lonely, frustrated, or come up with any of the other 1,000 reasons to play through it.

So it brings up the obvious question. How do you know when it is time to throw in the towel on something?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Dinner is for closers. You have to earn the right to relax. You're not there yet. Push harder.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Action fakers write more. They feel explanations are in order.
Successful people don't need explanations.

Thank you for this, I have always tried to put this in simple words and never could in the past. This is what I see a lot of on here..... explaining things like people care. If you want to be successful, you are going to have to stop thinking people care about you and the things you say or do.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Top down. Never bottom up, because there are barriers intentionally in place to keep you out. Also, a transfer internally from the CEO's office if you can get it is better than a second call. Some times the phone systems internally say where the call is transferred from.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
@KLaw gave me some shit for my communicative downfall, and from it spawned a new plan for the donation - I'm going to make some calls this week and see if I can get a few local businesses to add a little something to the donation. Yeah I know, maybe I should have thought I this myself way back on April 15th when @Vigilante made the original offer, and more so when @frieden70 offered to throw in an extra $100. Well, it took some mental evolution to arrive at this, and not just thinking about the original task at hand.

Maybe being a bitch has it's place in having a positive impact?

EDIT TO ADD: The more I think about it, the more I think this is what I should have been doing from the start. Maybe this wasn't ever really about taking action in a business atmosphere, but that acknowledging the needs of others is much, MUCH more important than my own wants.

NOW this thread is ready to have a "Progress" tag added to it. NOW I feel like the windmill that @RogueInnovation mentioned is ready for another revolution.

Right now, you gave your word to honor an obligation. Right now, you are past due on that agreement. Right now, it looks like you are delaying the fulfillment of that obligation.

It would be a nice gesture to @Vigilante for you to, first, honor the agreement and make the delivery. Take pics, record the event, and THEN build on the momentum.

It does not matter if you have to deliver the stuff on a bicycle or walk or take the bus. Be the person to get the sh$t done, now. Make the delivery ASAP.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Am I allowed to use this as some sort of pre-progress thread?

We have no issues in renaming threads or moving them, so sure. The posted history serves as a great reminder to where you've been. Imagine if you could look back at this 1 year from now and say, "Wow, I've come a long way ... it was hard, but so FN worth it!" How do you think Sal feels when he looks back to his first post when he committed to the Paint Brush Cover? I imagine, it's like being high on your own adrenaline, serotonin, or whatever chemicals are firing in our brains.

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Alright, I think instead of just saying take action, no matter what, take action just do it buddy take action (which I agree), it's a time for honing in on where to focus. Entrepreneur ADHD...

I would do this. Work backwords:

1. Create a list of all your possibilities that you can think of. Things you have thought of.... Just list them. Could be 5 things, could be 50. All Business Ideas, Money Makers.

2. Determine who you want to be in 5 years. Maybe pick someone you look up to, or someone you just aspire to be like. Maybe you know who you are but not sure how to get there. Write it down.

3. In order to achieve your goal of becoming that awesome person in 5 years where do you need to be in 3 years, 1 year, etc. Write it down.

4. Stare at what you wrote for where you need to be at year 1.

5. Go back and look at the list you created in step 1. Which vehicle will get you to where you need to be? Now, you could say all of them. But sincerely look at the list again and determine who you are. How do you want to be perceived? Do you want to be a person who has invested in many companies? Do you want to be a person who does one thing better than anyone else? Do you want to be a person who delivers a product? Do you want to be a person who provides help through a service? If you can't decide, start there. Determine who you want to be. Then choose the vehicle that best mirrors who you want to be. It is NOT easy but usually the ADHD comes from "identity crisis".

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
End of day one (kind of):

Today was a day of rejection. Not by business owners or managers, but but the dreaded gatekeepers!!!! I did get to speak with a few owners at smaller manufacturing facilities, (I gave no bias to what they make) and so far I've heard a few things that seem interesting, but I really want to talk to the bigger guys.

This is why it's only "kind of" the end of the day. I'll be researching every possible method to get around those obnoxious gatekeepers. Secretaries are great and all, until they try to keep me from talking to the boss.

I did send emails to the guys that were "inaccessible," despite being told they don't use it. We'll see if I get any responses. I'm effin hyped now!

If any of you have any tips on secretary avoidance, please share. I'm confident it would help more than just me!

Thanks everyone!

By the way, unless you are in ASIA this day is FAR from over.

It's over if you punch a clock.

Real Fastlaners work 24-7.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I just keep seeing walls of text. If I were you, I'd take a break until you have something to show, a product, customers, something other then ideas and over thinking everything.

Not to sound like an a$$, but you are literally just babbling on about nothing of value that needs to be put here. Get something done, like a first sale or p.o. and then come show us. Until then, you are just furthering your action fake by explaining worthless information.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
All I am interested in is results. Other people may be interested in your brain dump. All I give a shit about is life changing action that produces money. Nothing else matters to me (as far as this topic is concerned.)

I am thrilled that you are learning a lot. Good for you.

There's a condo in Hawaii I plan on buying. I think I am just going to call the banker, tell them that I don't have the money but have been spending a lot of time learning some cool shit, and see if they will just float it to me. Some day I am sure I can convert all this head knowledge into cash, right? RIGHT? Hell yes. I am a man on a mission.

You're 449 posts deep in this forum. I think you give yourself too much slack.

EVERY ACTION IS NOT EQUAL.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
If you have taken significant action in your life, and posted that via. a progress thread to the forum by May 15th 2014 (one month from now) I will send you a care package you get to hand deliver to the Drueding Center worth $500 retail. Our mutual (product) donation will benefit homeless women and children. You will get to see first hand what the impact of this is. You can hand deliver this to the shelter.
If you fail to take action, and/or make meaningful progress to push past your barriers, the deal is off. And see, in so doing, you have not only sat on your a$$, but you have cost other people something of value. I can do this anywhere. I want to do it with you. In your back yard. To your community.
So Go. No more bullshit posts. Just tangible, fast lane action.

Any news?

Updates?

Donation made?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!