• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

GOLD! Absolute Beginners Guide to TMF & TFLF

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by jockinbox, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Brett Johnson

Brett Johnson New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $96
    Newbie here, grealty appreciate the post here. Thank you for the list of folks to follow and learn from, ready to dive in.

Sbshields, iceyblitz and Andy Black like this.
  2. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $162,053
    Welcome. Thanks for following.

Good for you for showing appreciation and giving thanks already. That's a great start. :)

Sbshields, iceyblitz and Scot like this.
  3. Scot

Scot Ductus Exemplo Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $50,729
    Thanks for bumping this Andy. I already managed to sift through a lot of this, but that list of must follow contributors definitely helped. I agree with everyone earlier, this should be a must read upon signing up!

While he's new to the forum @Chris Kelsey shoild definitely be added for his great knowledge on app developing.

4. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $162,053
    Bump.

(I must add a link to this post in my signature so I can easily point people to it...)

cat and broswoodwork like this.
  5. ZF Lee

ZF Lee Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,917
    Rep transfer! I need this. This forum is sooooo big. Takes me some time to get around. Seriously this thread needs to be on the front! Even if this is a gold, I should have gotten to it earlier.

Sbshields and Andy Black like this.
  6. iceyblitz

iceyblitz Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $112
    Hey there newbie here, thanks alot for the starters information.

Andy Black likes this.
  7. fishgodeep

fishgodeep Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $162
    Very informative thread and a great breakdown of the culture of forum.

Wiser people than myself have already mentioned this but this thread should be mandatory reading to anyone who joins the forum.

I would also second the motion to block new users from posting for the first 30 days, this would force people to read a few threads before posting and hopefully avoid asking questions which have already been answered in great detail.

This would be beneficial to veterans, who won't get frustrated at having to answer the same questions and to new users who will avoid asking such questions by reading a few threads on their subject of enquiry.

8. Welder1986

Welder1986 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $542
    Great info thank you!

Andy Black likes this.
  9. Andy Black

Rep Bank:
    $162,053
    Bump for new members.

Desmond, ZF Lee, Scot and 1 other person like this.
  10. G-Man

G-Man Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $10,688
    All the crazies come out on Sundays. Just like Costco.

11. Jeannieadele

Jeannieadele Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $175
    Thanks for the very helpful info! Greatly appreciated and excited to soak up all the amazing words you all have contributed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sbshields and Andy Black like this.
  12. fresh

fresh New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $202
    Thanks so much for this thread. It's giving me a place to start as I scan through the boards. There's so much value here!

Everyman and Sbshields like this.
  13. Olie Sins

Olie Sins Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $304
    This is legit, it answered a lot of my questions I have about the forum. Feeling a bit overwhelmed by all of the content on here, I have no idea where to start, this gives me a really good idea, thank you.

Stone P likes this.
  14. Dunkafelics

Dunkafelics Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $3,927
    Hey the Fastlane Bookstore link seems to not go past page 1 :( Could just be the browser I am on, but worth looking into.

15. Jamiethion

Jamiethion New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $5
    I hate wasting other people's time because I feel as though I am wasting my time. Thank you for posting this and thank you @SinisterLex for making it clear.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2018
    Andy Black likes this.
  16. NewManRising

NewManRising Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,177
    This tread is a treasure. Thanks for posting it.

Andy Black likes this.
  17. Vultures

Vultures New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $44
    Thanks for this thread, already so much amazing advice (and a few virtual kicks up the backside...) I have a lot of reading to do!

Andy Black likes this.
  18. P Stiller

P Stiller Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $331
    1. Andy Black asked me to read this link and respond with my takeaways before talking further.....then to post this reply I sent him on here...

These were my thoughts as I read this....
      Andy.....
      My takeaway is that the slowlane for me is a little different.....
      I have been one of the best wherever worked, at whatever done....I thought I had a lot because I had more than others around me....but growing up I did not have the perception of making a lot of money unless a doctor or lawyer....I literally told myself when thinking of the future....I don't know what I'll do but I'm good at everything I do once learn it.....so something will fall out of the sky....I ACTUALLY RELIED ON THAT! we didn't have Internet when I was young showing us how everything is possible....and I was above others around me.......so time went on and nothing has ever fallen out of the sky as figured.....

I bought and sold things ever since young....everything can think of.....people would come to me and I would flip things daily....put a post it note on that 20 or 100 bucks of how I made it.....and some of those rubber bands of money I still have in envelopes to this very day from 15 years ago....rubber bands are so old they're fracked and broke stuck to the money.....I saved money and determined how I'll spend it by what it took for me to get it by that note I wrote. I sold things I shouldn't of and......if can understand somehow.....when you have a "money tree" like that you think you're getting ahead but all it did was make me not pursue real business success such as what all of you have.

I have no debt,perfect credit, few college credits and I invested years and years into personal training and trying to be the BEST there is thinking it would make me money. I hated the sales part of it because I didn't want to be the fake people around me....horrible at what they do and ripping people off. I WANTED PEOPLE TO COME TO ME......I believed so much if I just sat on Internet everyday mastering the body....I'd become great. Even now my business is almost a hobby because I give each person almost 2 hours sometimes because "I want it done right"......my own client tells me I charge not enough.....Lost my future wife because of my way of thinking....and even worse I held her back in life making her wait for me to finally be successful....so much regret for this I could type and type.

I got a side job driving a bus for 4 hrs a day just to be productive somehow between appointments.....it makes me feel terrible trading my life doing that.....I have a stepfather that says good job, its money......I see nothing but an hourglass emptying every second....always been worried time passing to fast since young.

I believed DEEPLY each person needs to spend life working doing what they love or they're wasting life....I preached this to my girl for years and would have my kid if had any back then.....she always disagreed.....she was right about everything......I was wrong my whole life.......I have the emotions currently to give all of what I have left just to be wealthy enough to make her life so she doesn't have to suffer working.....it's all I care......it's all that stops me from sitting,thinking with tears....

What's time worth?
      My time is everything to me just as she was.....but my actions don't reflect what's inside me.

I contacted a mentor but.....I don't feel he understands....worried if I listen and follow advice I could waste more time.....

I refuse to waste anymore time

Sorry if got off track Andy

Stone P and Andy Black like this.
  19. keith4444

keith4444 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $227
    Bump this back up
    Thanks @Andy Black for pointing me to this great thread and also to @jockinbox for starting the thread :thumbsup:

Andy Black likes this.
  20. Hugh Nivers

Hugh Nivers Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $481
    Wow @Andy Black , Thanks for pointing me to all these good threads today. I'm discovering that you're like the matchmaker in Malcolm Gladwell's Tipping Point book. You're a hub pointing the way to all the good sh*t. Thanks Man! +Rep

Stone P, keith4444 and Andy Black like this.
  21. LiveFire

LiveFire Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $355
    @Andy Black, appreciate you responding to me earlier this week on my re-intro. I am still working through your threads and recommendations. Thanks once more!

Andy Black likes this.
  22. Everyman

Everyman Get To The Choppa! Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $549
    I find this thread very useful and it is the absolute beginners guide.

In my opinion though, the first thing that I would like to see - as a noob - aside from what the guide gives (where to find who/what).

'How to use this forum' in one paragraph:

Please feel free to look for an area of your interest, may it be 'healthy lifestyle' or anything even vaguely related to the Fastlane concept. And start contributing. This is the fastest way to creating value for other people and testing your concepts too.

This is, in my not so even close to being humble opinion, the closest you can get to the 'fastlane philosophy' in a second. With respect to the creator of the thread and people creating the value here.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  23. Vezere

Vezere New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $37
    Thanks @jockinbox

Excellent, lots of information and very accurate for the new ones. Its going to avoid wasting time going around and maybe free up the mentor's to concentrate on more advanced questions.

Andy Black likes this.
  24. Stone P

Stone P New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $21
    This thread is absolute fire. Thank You all for your insights and contributions!!

Andy Black likes this.
  25. bilkar1985

bilkar1985 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $282
    Andy Black likes this.