The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A simple website selling my motorbike

Marketing, social media, advertising

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Ha. This is a blast from the past. I think I sold this back in 2011 or so.

I created www.gsxr600forsale.com and fired up some AdWords campaigns. There was hardly any search volume that summer so we shoved the bike in my mate's garage. The next summer someone emailed me having found the site organically.

Money changed hands and a couple of young fellas wandered off very happy. I wandered off happy too.

I let the domain go years ago, but someone found it via the waybackmachine.

I also did exactly the same a few years prior selling a Boxster (www.boxsterforsale.com at a guess?).

Anyway... I just used Wordpress and the Thesis theme, had a simple homepage, some more images in another tab, and then a contact me form.

Curious what all you copywriters think of my copy...

MMiqc88.png

(I think "Impending wedding" would have been a bit better now I re-read it.)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011

I love this ad.

The Perfect Summer Toy!

• Superb 2003 UK GSXR 600 looking for a new owner.
A strong start! Focus goes where words are. Perfect and superb are quite desirable features:) More so than writing "Used motorcycle" where spotlight would be on the fact that it's used:)

Headline implies fun, and is specific enough to get reader's imagination started, but vague enough to let them imagine their own version of what they'll do, as they start the process of selling the bike to themselves:)

Key features are communicated clearly, so reader can know right away what it's about and whether they're interested.

But the ad is very nicely formatted, readable and short, so even those on the fence might still read it, and perhaps realize in the process that they do want this motorcycle.

"...looking for a new owner" - hmm...who that might be? Another idea given to the reader:)

• A real head-turner in yellow and black with matching seat pod and black tinted screen.
And of course, right away, the next most important thing is addressed:)

Horse power, handling, mileage - these are all important. But hold different importance for different folks.
But attention - everyone likes that:)

I don't even like yellow, but I do like to be a head-turner:)

• Smooth as silk with awesome handling.
Product feature descibed as awesome, which is - awesome, and poetic description for added effect:)
  • Built back when they remembered about comfort (unlike todays micro-bikes built for 7stone kids).
Another angle, with humor sprinkled in. Builds up on good mood and rapport. Might get a chuckle out of folks who know exactly what he's talking about (which I'm not, but I was still like "Yeah!":)
  • Loved but barely used with only 8112 miles on the clock.
What better way to say that the bike was taken good care of than to say it was - loved. It also implies that it's lovable:)
  • New chain and sprocket.
Good info. Will be very important to some folks.
  • Original exhaust as it sounds pucker as is.
Same.
  • Original rear seat included in the price, although looks much nicer without it.
Covering another angle, a thing that can matter to some folks, but not to others.
  • Can “lose” the rear seat if you need an excuse to not take a pillion and really enjoy what this bike can do.
And back to the reader's imagination, suggesting them the fun things they could do with it.
  • Originally from the UK and now living in a mechanics shed in Naas, Co Kildare.
@Andy Black this one made me wonder...Mechanics shed can imply that there was something wrong with it, so just wondered if there's any particular reason it was mentioned. To me, garage would sound better.
  • Forthcoming wedding forces reluctant sale.
One of the expected questions - Why are you selling it when it's so good? Well, here's a really good reason.

And again humorous tone that builds up rapport, and makes you really like the guy, which will help you decide to buy from him, and if you're in dilemma between two or more offers, may help tip the scale in his favor.
  • €3700 (can be registered in Ireland if required for an extra €250).
Nice price, and yet another of reader's potential concern addressed.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
  • Originally from the UK and now living in a mechanics shed in Naas, Co Kildare.
@Andy Black this one made me wonder...Mechanics shed can imply that there was something wrong with it, so just wondered if there's any particular reason it was mentioned. To me, garage would sound better.
Hmm. Good point. I never thought of that.

Maybe I could have used “parked”, “resting”, or “under covers” instead of “living” in a mechanics garden shed.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.