The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A list of what an entrepreneur ABSOLUTELY needs.

G

Guest61835

So I am pursuing entrepreneurship. I'm looking to create a website of my own where I connect other business' together and will offer various products and things to sell. I haven't even created a business plan or even done the full blown execution of planning a business. I'm looking into the market for profiting off using the web as a source of passive income. Very bland and simple sounding so far. Right? Well I have questions then from this point before I even create a business plan or buisness at all or anything like that.
At this point I'm basically organizing myself and my goals properly before I dissect them and break them down into executing as process. I could really use some guidance and advice.

Questions:

1: What subjects should I absolutely study on and research and understand? Ex: Finances, creating a business, leadership.

2: Where can I go to obtain mentoring whether it be online, over the phone, or in person or maybe a highly recommend course online? (Must get to know the person/people before I meet them on the phone and in person.)

3: Why should/shouldn't I start a business and if so, what other assets can assist me in pursuit in the internet?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Critical skills for online businesses: driving traffic, converting traffic.

Critical skills for business in general: finding a market need you can satisfy in a way that is unique and difficult for competition to replicate.

Critical skills for success in general: the ability to teach oneself and to persist in the absence of guidance or feedback.

I don't think you should be looking for mentors at this stage. You'll only get sucked into some third tier guru's sales funnel and end up parting with your hard earned money. Or worse, get suckered into some MLM. This is especially likely if you're looking for that elusive "passive income".

As a beginner, you should be focused on leveraging your current skill set and natural aptitudes to start generating some type of income as quickly as possible. You will fail many times before you succeed, so make the failures as inexpensive and educational as possible.

G

Guest61835

Critical skills for online businesses: driving traffic, converting traffic.

Critical skills for business in general: finding a market need you can satisfy in a way that is unique and difficult for competition to replicate.

Critical skills for success in general: the ability to teach oneself and to persist in the absence of guidance or feedback.

I don't think you should be looking for mentors at this stage. You'll only get sucked into some third tier guru's sales funnel and end up parting with your hard earned money. Or worse, get suckered into some MLM. This is especially likely if you're looking for that elusive "passive income".

As a beginner, you should be focused on leveraging your current skill set and natural aptitudes to start generating some type of income as quickly as possible. You will fail many times before you succeed, so make the failures as inexpensive and educational as possible.
That's quite a different approach. Don't seek mentorship? That's a fair explanation. Well for specifics I suppose ,what books, courses and etc would be useful on finding the subjects you've listed? Being self taught and self solving would definitely be quite a POWERFULL ability to have.

daru

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Feb 11, 2017
Earth
And don't write a business plan!? :oops:

If you haven't already read UNSCRIPTED I believe you should start with that.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
That's quite a different approach. Don't seek mentorship? That's a fair explanation. Well for specifics I suppose ,what books, courses and etc would be useful on finding the subjects you've listed? Being self taught and self solving would definitely be quite a POWERFULL ability to have.

I'm actually going to write up my response is a separate thread, since I think this is an important topic.

G

Guest61835

Here is my execution thread on the progress of my business being setup.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja

Please SEARCH before posting.