• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

A list of what an entrepreneur ABSOLUTELY needs.

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by LivingToLearn32, Nov 6, 2018 at 2:20 PM.

1. LivingToLearn32

LivingToLearn32 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $56
    So I am pursuing entrepreneurship. I'm looking to create a website of my own where I connect other business' together and will offer various products and things to sell. I haven't even created a business plan or even done the full blown execution of planning a business. I'm looking into the market for profiting off using the web as a source of passive income. Very bland and simple sounding so far. Right? Well I have questions then from this point before I even create a business plan or buisness at all or anything like that.
    At this point I'm basically organizing myself and my goals properly before I dissect them and break them down into executing as process. I could really use some guidance and advice.

Questions:

1: What subjects should I absolutely study on and research and understand? Ex: Finances, creating a business, leadership.

2: Where can I go to obtain mentoring whether it be online, over the phone, or in person or maybe a highly recommend course online? (Must get to know the person/people before I meet them on the phone and in person.)

3: Why should/shouldn't I start a business and if so, what other assets can assist me in pursuit in the internet?

2. DVU

DVU In Progress Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,620
    #1 - Sales

3. lowtek

lowtek Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $21,151
    Critical skills for online businesses: driving traffic, converting traffic.

Critical skills for business in general: finding a market need you can satisfy in a way that is unique and difficult for competition to replicate.

Critical skills for success in general: the ability to teach oneself and to persist in the absence of guidance or feedback.

I don't think you should be looking for mentors at this stage. You'll only get sucked into some third tier guru's sales funnel and end up parting with your hard earned money. Or worse, get suckered into some MLM. This is especially likely if you're looking for that elusive "passive income".

As a beginner, you should be focused on leveraging your current skill set and natural aptitudes to start generating some type of income as quickly as possible. You will fail many times before you succeed, so make the failures as inexpensive and educational as possible.

Neng Her, Daniel Davis, SMH and 6 others like this.
  4. LivingToLearn32

LivingToLearn32 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $56
    That's quite a different approach. Don't seek mentorship? That's a fair explanation. Well for specifics I suppose ,what books, courses and etc would be useful on finding the subjects you've listed? Being self taught and self solving would definitely be quite a POWERFULL ability to have.

5. daru

daru Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $901
    And don't write a business plan!? :oops:

If you haven't already read UNSCRIPTED I believe you should start with that.

LivingToLearn32 likes this.
  6. lowtek

lowtek Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $21,151
    I'm actually going to write up my response is a separate thread, since I think this is an important topic.