The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

8 Eyewear: From Idea, to Launch, to Growth (And Quitting the Job)

Idea threads

pgtownsyou

Forge Ahead
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Oct 29, 2013
Minnesota
Mr. Vick - Thanks again for being so transparent about the process you have gone through! I'm sure everyone who reads this thread has gained extremely valuable insight.

I have a couple quick questions... How did you decide on your price point? I know you said earlier that your margins are very high. Do you get much negative feedback on your facebook ads about the price? It seems to be the #1 type of comment that I get on my ads, although my product is still selling nicely. I don't know if this is a case where I should listen to the market and lower my prices, or just ignore the social media haters.

Also, have you experimented with running a facebook ad with your video of bending the glasses? Have you had better luck with just the image ads?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

McCoyH

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jul 28, 2013
Iowa
hmmm, interesting. i think I may play with that ;) couldn't hurt to much to test it
Can't believe you're doing so well it's awesome! I remember when you and JasonR were just posting your original progress threads and now you're both doing awesome I see on facebook! That's what it's all about! Congrats

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
Mr. Vick - Thanks again for being so transparent about the process you have gone through! I'm sure everyone who reads this thread has gained extremely valuable insight.

I have a couple quick questions... How did you decide on your price point? I know you said earlier that your margins are very high. Do you get much negative feedback on your facebook ads about the price? It seems to be the #1 type of comment that I get on my ads, although my product is still selling nicely. I don't know if this is a case where I should listen to the market and lower my prices, or just ignore the social media haters.

Also, have you experimented with running a facebook ad with your video of bending the glasses? Have you had better luck with just the image ads?

Thanks.
Price point was just determined over many months of feedback. Finally I just settled on a number to position us in a market space that is where I wanted to be. Always gonna be haters. I ignore them and focus on buyers.
I ran bending vids. Problem was people were abusing that perk. And complaining about lenses popping. And frames loosening. Once in awhile I'll post a bend vid. But overall image ads perform way better.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Mark: I absolutely love your thread. This has been one of the coolest tales of Fastlane success built up by the Fastlane Forum community.

I just wanted to remind you to bid on your name brand on mobile. I searched Google for your page on my phone ("8 eyewear") and I got 2 ads that I almost clicked for some bargain bin glasses site.

I don't know if you're missing very many potential sales but I imagine the number of lost sales will grow as time goes on.

Love your mobile site: it's so easy to use.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
Update.

Wacked hard on taxes. Yay

Facebook ads more then doubled there prices for hitting people. Yay

R8 needs fixing. Yay

Sales are slightly lower. Yay

Lol. Up's and downs for sure. For you young ones just starting... be prepared for anything.

Hopefully my next post is more uplifting.

On the bright side. New order arrives in the next few days. Lots of people waiting for sold out stuff.

I need a drink.

Last edited:

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ

When it's all fun and games and then the CRA hits...

Where+will+you+be+when+the+acid+hits_9c1b1b_4769566.jpg

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Sorry to hear about the troubles man but yeah there are always some ups and downs that's for sure. It's never a matter of IF shit will hit the fan - but rather how much paper towels you have at hand to be prepared for the mess :) You'll get back into the ups though for sure.

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
Update.

Facebook ads more then doubled there prices for hitting people. Yay

R8 needs fixing. Yay

I need a drink.

Did you get audicare on it ?

I havent had any issues with my A5, or S5 but when i look at my bill for maintenance im like geesh.. good thing maintenance is covered.... im going to assume its clutch or transmission issues?

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
Did you get audicare on it ?

I havent had any issues with my A5, or S5 but when i look at my bill for maintenance im like geesh.. good thing maintenance is covered.... im going to assume its clutch or transmission issues?

I bought coverage. However. I don't know what's wrong with it. It appeas to be a "Gearbox Malfunction" I'll find out in a few days if whatever is wrong is covered. Fingers crossed.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
Huh

Just found out that one of our retailers is pushing our stuff on amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com/Eight-V-1-Eyewear-Sunglasses-Polarized/dp/B01FKNCBBW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1466738570&sr=8-1&keywords=Eight V.1 Eyewear

She ordered a huge order last mont
h. Our biggest ever from a retailer. We thought she was just selling in there retail store. But after an email from one of her customers we discovered otherwise.

Anyway. I have no problems with her doing that. Especially since she's pushing alot of product, very quickly I might add. She just emailed us recently wanting to place another order, even larger.

Seeing as I hate dealing with amazon.com in canada, I like the idea of them pushing product for us on there. They order from us at our wholesale price of 50%

With that being said.

I'm wondering if any of my FL amazon guru friends would like the same oppurtunity?

Let me know.

Last edited:

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014
Absolutely love this thread! I love the glasses as well. The designs and colors are great! I will be buying myself a pair once I get moved. Keep up the great work!

(A note on the thief, his glasses suck. They are not even close to what yours look like.)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Man, really sharp. Whatever you're charging... charge more. :)

ddzc

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
May 22, 2012
Toronto

Liberty T. Vance

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
May 25, 2015
California
Wow... What a thread... This thread alone was worth joining the Inside.

I've been wearing Oakley's exclusively for the last 10 years or so but after looking at your glasses especially the new design I'm considering changing brands.

Shot you an email through your website asking about shipping to China.

Hope to get a pair soon.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
783%
May 5, 2014
When those drops I am going to snag em! Love the thread Vick!

TedM

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
May 21, 2013
Israel
What are the silver colored "buttons" on the new model made of?
AFter a bunch of wear.... will it still look good?

Razz

VPH: Value Per Hour
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
515%
Apr 15, 2016
Vick - congrats on your progress. Love the thread: not fazed by drama, tackling each issue as just a minor bump in the road. Awesome.

An amazing case-study on Fast-Lane success. Backed up by an individual with amazing resilience, tenacity, and perseverance. Love the group participating and knowing you have a virtual posse that's ready to go up in arms to support you and provide immediate feedback to help re-balance.

I think your laser-focus, along with written objectives, has truly driven your success. That and sounds like your personal situation - you have an amazing support system, and your family is in sync. Unbeatable.

Love it.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
What are the silver colored "buttons" on the new model made of?
AFter a bunch of wear.... will it still look good?

The Silver 8 logo is metal with a silver paint applied. If you take care of them they should be fine ;) but paint will chip if dropped. I've thought about just doing metal without paint. But the finish isn't as nice.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Those look sick. I looked at the other models, thinking they really aren't my style.

Those are no joke. I bet someone from Luxottica is watching this thread right now. You may be getting an offer sooner than you think...

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Looking good! I think I left my V1s at my hotel or the beach this morning..:(

I may have to grab a pair of these.

Edit: Hotel staff found them and will ship them to me :rockon:

Last edited:

TedM

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
May 21, 2013
Israel
Hey Vick - I have an idea to share with you. I pinged you with it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.