The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

60 Days of 60 Minutes of Meditation - Let's Not Do Anything Together

Matua

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Oct 4, 2020
Virginia
Day 28

I had a good session today. When I was 5 minutes away from finishing meditation, my dog came by and interrupted me LOL. I wasn't mad, but really satisfied that happened to me.
I played with my dog for a little bit, then I sat down to finish the extra 5 minutes of meditation.

Also yes, it is best to meditate alone and have no interruptions, but sometimes we get too trapped into ourselves that we fail to see what's happening around us. That is why grounding and re-centering in meditation is so important. It is so we don't get too drunk on thought and not get angry whenever something takes our attention away from our thoughts.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
Day 28 was amazing! Definitely a favorite- was in flow, buzzing, and 60 min went so fast.

I did. Very relaxing. Just drifted around. Would center on a topic then tried to 'melt it away' with a wide unspecific focus.

Way to go Z!! You had wanted to get another hour in this weekend.. do that?

Still have time tonight if you haven't :)

ow do you guys manage information overload in general?

If you can give a little clearer description of info, it might help us help ya more!

And grab something to write with and real paper... try setting a timer for 10 minutes to write straight and for the full time on anything that comes to mind. Then take a break. Go back for another full 5 min and clarify points for yourself, make a plan, set up how you can try something, make a goal, and then give yourself a nice break from thinking about it... like going to do a meditation session ; )

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
Day 2

It was difficult today, but I found some insights about my mind I didn't really think about:

- My thoughts wanted to imagine the future and get me lost in thought to distract myself from the present.
- "When's that dang timer gonna go off?"
- Felt anxious and the fear of "Did I turn the alarm on?"

Whether it's being addicted to my mind, fear of things that may or may not happen in the future, or doing things before time runs out then I'd be happy, I let these thoughts go and returned back to the present-- using all of my senses to perceive the environment and my self.

I recommend to anyone to check out a video from Eckhart Tolle about How Do We Break The Habit Of Excessive Thinking?

Here's a quote from the video:

Here comes Day 3 of not doing anything!

Doing this really helps out a lot for me, even outside of meditation. Any thought that gets me to overthink, I override and force push that sucker by making that (mmmm) vibration sound. It's hypnotic to listen to your vocals drumming internally.
What app do you use for meditation? do you do it early morning?

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
Day 34 done.

With information overload, I meant the moment you feel like "shit I am kind of consuming too much" do you have strategies for stopping right there and then cutting things a bit? do you ever get to that point? I feel many people just consume and consume and do not realize that less is more.

*Not necessarily bad stuff, but it could be related to learning, communicating with too many people at the same time or simply just talking more than usual.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Day 29 completed.

I've been fasting for 40 hours so I meditated in a different physical state than usual. It didn't really change much but it was a rather peaceful session anyway with one disturbing mental blockage I observed until it passed.

Matua

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Oct 4, 2020
Virginia
Day 29

I had a more visualized meditation than yesterday.
At first, I saw myself being in an endless grey room and I kept walking forward. As I continued walking, I literally came across several garbage piles, like the ones you see in a garbage dump. The garbage piles represented all the unnecessary junk I have in my life.

I continued walking forward and it was an endless grey room once again. Probably meaning all the garbage that I came across as simply passed by as if nothing happened.

If I do visualized meditation again, it may probably be the same thing: Endless walking in a limitless space, come across some garbage/trash piles, continue walking into limitless space.

Matua

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Oct 4, 2020
Virginia
What app do you use for meditation? do you do it early morning?
I used a regular alarm timer from my android smartphone, so no apps.
I would've used the Insight app, but I've got into the habit of using a regular alarm that I had no use for the app at all.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Day 30 completed.

Yet again dealing with stomach issues (no idea what's going on) so it was yet again challenging physically. But as Michael A. Singer said, there's no "good" or "bad" meditation and I still sat for an hour and tried to observed my mind as best as I could.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
What is the biggest benefit you experienced from the daily Meditation till now?

This will sound a little weird but well...

More awareness of my thoughts and emotions throughout the day and more distance between them and the real me. The real me is the consciousness observing them, since the whole point of meditation is to learn that you aren't your thoughts/emotions and then to practice not paying attention to your "personal" mind.

So, for example, something triggers me (or rather, my mind) and provokes anger. Previously, I'd immediately identify with this feeling and get angry.

Now, I have a second or two during which I can realize that I don't have to express or suppress that emotion. I can simply be aware of it and let it run its course without shoving it down (only to explode later) or without expressing it just because an external event triggered some inner garbage inside me and made me angry.

Matua

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Oct 4, 2020
Virginia
Day 30

Halfway there to Day 60!

I had lots of mental chatter, mostly about things I wasn't satisfied with or things I should be doing.
So today, I aim to do as much work as I can for personal projects and still be satisfied I'd put in the time.

Matua

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Oct 4, 2020
Virginia

The biggest difference was less irritability. I get frustrated whenever even the slightest moment takes my attention away from an activity I wanted absolute focus on, such as: reading a book, working on a project intensely but someone calls me to help their problems, being occupied helping a person but someone comes up and asks for help anyways.

Whenever someone interrupts me for something, I don't get as irritable as I do anymore-- or on a much smaller level. These small events don't matter anymore and you just learn to live and deal with it. Besides, if something in life happens, are you just gonna sit there and complain? Lol no.

metallon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Oct 13, 2020
Salem, India
DAY 10 Completed.

Sometimes I get carried away by thoughts. But the ease of detecting and detaching from the thoughts is getting better. While starting this practice, I thought 60 minutes was a crazy amount of time to do meditation because apps usually recommend 10-20 mins.

Some benefits.
1. Before starting this practice, I woke up in the middle of the night and would have panic thoughts. Now my sleep got way better and the thoughts don't bother me much.

2. ALERT-This may sound cringe. I was obsessed with my high school crush with whom I lost contact and found her a few days back on Facebook. I sent her a friend request and waiting for her to reply to my message. Though she accepted my request, I never received any replies. Hence I was hooked to messenger, constantly checking whether she replied or not. I can logically think what I am doing is stupidity, but my emotional rush was not under my control. Now I am totally relieved from it and I can see things clearly.

3. My focus has gotten better. While reading or working, My ability to stay focused for a long time is improved.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Day 31 completed.

Still not exactly feeling great (which affects my concentration) but better than yesterday.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Felt VERY long

It felt very long for me as well. It's strange how on some days it's like a breeze and then on some you can't believe an hour hasn't passed yet.

Matua

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Oct 4, 2020
Virginia
Day 31

I was satisfied with my meditation today, because I gained a bit of clarity what I really want to do in life.

Day 36 done.

Felt VERY long, but afterwards I felt very peaceful so all good haha.
Yeah, some days felt very long and my mind sneaks a "How long until it's over?" thought.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Day 32 completed.

Went very well and felt super short. I was very deep, dealt with some obvious blockages, and had some strange visions (cut short by the alarm). It's interesting how I always get hot and tingly (particularly in my fingers) when I'm deep.

As an example of how meditation/mindfulness/Michael A. Singer stuff helps me, yesterday someone said to me something to me I didn't agree with, and she said it in an aggressive tone. Usually I'd probably get annoyed and either respond with anger or suppress the emotion while inside resenting the person (and not talking to her as a "punishment").

This time I noticed the anger inside me and simply observed it, working (it literally felt like work) to relax my body into it and let it pass. Roughly 30 seconds later the emotion dissipated with no other action on my part. This is a simple application of the work we're doing here to dramatically improve the quality of life.

Matua

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Oct 4, 2020
Virginia
Day 32

Woke up, did my usual morning routine, then somehow found it difficult to start meditating at first.
But, once I sat down and started the timer, that initial feeling went away and I was already in a trance observing my thoughts.

It becomes a lot easier to meditate when you do it consistently.

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
I will complete Day 32 today! My brain does a little happy dance anticipating it :rofl:

It's interesting how I always get hot and tingly (particularly in my fingers) when I'm deep.

Yeah! Love this feeling. And when it radiates up through arms, onto torso, and all over it is nearly too much fun! Might be linked to the neurotransmitter Anandamide that plays on the cannabinoid receptors.

All natural waves of this is one of the greatest aspects of meditation for me @Theorangeogre :

The tingles when deep and a quieter mind the rest of the day. It's peaceful and wildly exciting at the same time.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
got 15 minutes in this morning ....... rush of 'to do list' .... calm ..... rush of 'don't forget' .... calm ........ creative solution out of nowhere for a long term issue .... calm ...... then MF ALARM!!!! urgh

have a massage on friday so will get some calm time in

like the 'dissipate' action like you said above @MTF . that is the route i am working to take with each 'thought bomb' that explodes in sequence

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Woke up with terrible stomach issues

Must be all those veggies. Some crispy bacon ought to fix that right up! :rofl:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Must be all those veggies. Some crispy bacon ought to fix that right up! :rofl:

My mom keeps saying that I ruined my stomach because I fast and don't eat "normal" food. :rofl: This for her is dairy, eggs, and processed grains (she's mostly vegetarian). Any healthier vegan alternative is not normal. But it's all good. She's otherwise understanding.

To relate that to meditation, I like how Michael A. Singer compared having different viewpoints to watching the same scenery from different angles:

If everyone looks out the window but looks at different angles, there's nobody who's seeing it right. They're just seeing what's out there is bigger than any one thing you can see.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Day 33 completed.

Many days are "average," if not "disappointing" (if I had expectations, which I don't have) and this was one of them.

Matua

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Oct 4, 2020
Virginia
Day 33

Day 33 completed.

Many days are "average," if not "disappointing" (if I had expectations, which I don't have) and this was one of them.

Yeah, today is more or less an average day for me. Though not disappointing, because I felt my meditation seemed longer, but just right? It was weird, but once I got into meditating deeply, I was long gone already.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Day 33

Yeah, today is more or less an average day for me. Though not disappointing, because I felt my meditation seemed longer, but just right? It was weird, but once I got into meditating deeply, I was long gone already.

Yeah that's why I used the quotation marks. With no expectations, there's no disappointment. And meditation is never good or bad, it's like saying that looking at something is good or bad. It just is (unless you're looking at something illegal LOL).

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Day 34 completed.

Very difficult session. I was really desperate to check the timer and just be done.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.