The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2020 Fastlane Summit at Talking Stick Resort... Event Info

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
I might be interested in speaking if I end up making it.

Topic: The Science of Self-Control and what you can do to boost it.

Self Control is the #1 most important trait to success in every area of life. It's even slightly more important than Intelligence; and intelligence in and of itself is a ginormous trait.

Science of willpower, self-control, self-efficacy, etc. Happiness, Health, Wealth, Esteem, Family, Relationships, and everything in between. Self-control is a major factor in satisfaction anf success in all areas.

Let me know if that's a topic of interest @MJ DeMarco.

Last edited:

Strategery

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jun 25, 2019
I might be interested in speaking if I end up making it.

Topic: The Science of Self-Control and what you can do to boost it.

Self Control is the #1 most important trait to success in every area of life. It's even slightly more important than Intelligence; and intelligence in and of itself is a ginormous trait.

Science of willpower, self-control, self-efficacy, etc. Happiness, Health, Wealth, Esteem, Family, Relationships, and everything in between. Self-control is a major factor in satisfaction anf success in all areas.

Let me know if that's a topic of interest.
I was hoping you would put in to speak

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Water

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
506%
Jun 1, 2015
I'm in.

Those of you thinking whether to attend or not, this shouldn't even be a debate.

Just do it.

I was flat broke the last time I went. Being a confused final year student, I spent what little money I saved from working part-time jobs and doing freelance work to attend the event.

It was one of the best choices I made in life.

The experience flipped the course of my life upside down.

It will do the same for you...as long as you put yourself out there and not hide in a corner.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
Observation:

I went through this thread and counted up the people who said they were coming.

Then I built a spreadsheet and compared the list against the list of people who said they had tickets.

(Note: I don't have the full list of who bought tickets, just the ones who said that they bought tickets. On my spreadsheet I have a list of 77 usernames of people who got tickets, and some of them got 2 tickets. So there can't be very many tickets left.)

Couple numbers...

121 people on this thread said they were coming.

Out of these 121 people, 65 have not yet gotten a ticket (or at least, they haven't announced it). (Hey, it's better than 80-20, so that's saying something!)

Of those 65 people, 13 of them also offered to speak but haven't gotten a ticket.

OK you folks! Snap up those tickets, before there aren't any left!!

On your mark, get set, go!

tpuffer

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Sep 12, 2019
Observation:

Then I built a spreadsheet and compared the list against the list of people who said they had tickets.

(Note: I don't have the full list of who bought tickets, just the ones who said that they bought tickets. On my spreadsheet I have a list of 77 usernames of people who got tickets, and some of them got 2 tickets. So there can't be very many tickets left.)

Couple numbers...

Out of these 121 people, 65 have not yet gotten a ticket (or at least, they haven't announced it). (Hey, it's better than 80-20, so that's saying something!)

Of those 65 people, 13 of them also offered to speak but haven't gotten a ticket.

OK you folks! Snap up those tickets, before there aren't any left!!

On your mark, get set, go!

Nice work on that! I have a ticket for myself and my wife!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Observation:

Couple numbers...

Actually it's not unusual for half of the folks who say they're going, to not go.

What's surprising though is many of the speakers who offered to speak have not followed-thru, not sure why one would offer to speak and then decide not to go if not selected. We had 40+ speaker volunteers and only 15 slots available. (And I still have 2 left to send out and a few confirms still pending.)

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Actually it's not unusual for half of the folks who say they're going, to not go.

What's surprising though is many of the speakers who offered to speak have not followed-thru, not sure why one would offer to speak and then decide not to go if not selected. We had 40+ speaker volunteers and only 15 slots available. (And I still have 2 left to send out and a few confirms still pending.)

Being invited to speak at a private entrepreneur's conference literally became part of my professional credentials.

Bertram

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 25, 2015
Virginia

That's surprising @MJ DeMarco , but probably people just need more time to evaluate and plan.
So guys and ladies, here's an idea.
I've run writing groups and coordinated group run formats. I'm going to open an online writing group for any of us on the forum who need to produce work with comfort and fluency. We'll support one another. and exchange good skills.
The limit should be twenty. We can have a gotowebinar or some other resource as often as needed. That and other decisions will be left to the group.
Maybe we'd prefer to have a closed writng group for Summit speakers. Up to you.
I'm kinda all set up and ready to go with this, so we could start any time.
Anyone need a thirty-to-forty minute talk finalized and ready to deliver in 100 days?
PFFFT.
No problema.

If this support for you Summit 2020 speakers will specifically help you get your talk together - and it will work, that's a promise - then take the journey you bravely imagined doing when you sent in your proposal.

OK? Everyone wants to hear what you can bring.

You'll learn a lot about yourself along the way.

Just say YES.

DO IT.

Last edited:

Mission1

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
Dec 15, 2017
United States
Better late than never, I reaffirm that I am willing to speak if there's any interest in this topic.

Proposal:
New developments in technology for improving your business or starting a new one.

This is a bit vague so ideally members might submit some suggestions or questions.
I haven't sold a tech company for $1B yet but I can help you separate hype Vs. reality as it pertains to AI, Chat Bots, IOT, robots, self-driving cars, etc.

Mutant

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 8, 2018
London
That's surprising @MJ DeMarco , but probably people just need more time to evaluate and plan.
So guys and ladies, here's an idea.
I've run writing groups and coordinated group run formats. I'm going to open an online writing group for any of us on the forum who need to produce work with comfort and fluency. We'll support one another. and exchange good skills.
The limit should be twenty. We can have a gotowebinar or some other resource as often as needed. That and other decisions will be left to the group.
Maybe we'd prefer to have a closed writng group for Summit speakers. Up to you.
I'm kinda all set up and ready to go with this, so we could start any time.
Anyone need a thirty-to-forty minute talk finalized and ready to deliver in 100 days?
PFFFT.
No problema.

If this support for you Summit 2020 speakers will specifically help you get your talk together - and it will work, that's a promise - then take the journey you bravely imagined doing when you sent in your proposal.

OK? Everyone wants to hear what you can bring.

You'll learn a lot about yourself along the way.

Just say YES.

DO IT.

Ok, so on the one hand, I'm oddly confident that I *can* pull this together on my own, because as soon as I submitted my proposal, my brain got to work retelling myself my story that evening as I went about my business, cooking dinner, brushing my teeth, etc. & working out what lessons could be drawn out where, side notes that could also inspire, what could be helpful to put on slides (we can use slides, right?!), how to make it fun, etc. I feel like I wrote the dang thing before I even knew if I'd get asked to speak, because I was too excited & I couldn't stop myself.

However, just because I *could* do it on my own, doesn't mean I should turn down the opportunity to get help to make it even better. This should be the best darn talk it could be for benefit of everyone involved.
If it'll help, it'll help!
So yeah, I'm in.

Anyone know the technical details yet?
Like mics? Hand helds? Lavs?
Powerpoint? Keynote? Google Slides?
Bring your own laptop? With a particular connection? Or on a usb stick? Or online?
Will there be a clicker? Should I bring my own clicker? I kinda don't want to be tied to my laptop.
When will we know our time limit? How strict are the time limits? Will there be a timer visible? Counting up or counting down?
When will this steam of consciousness ever end?

I may just be a wincy bit excited.

Bertram

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 25, 2015
Virginia
Ok, so on the one hand, I'm oddly confident that I *can* pull this together on my own, because as soon as I submitted my proposal, my brain got to work retelling myself my story that evening as I went about my business, cooking dinner, brushing my teeth, etc. & working out what lessons could be drawn out where, side notes that could also inspire, what could be helpful to put on slides (we can use slides, right?!), how to make it fun, etc. I feel like I wrote the dang thing before I even knew if I'd get asked to speak, because I was too excited & I couldn't stop myself.

However, just because I *could* do it on my own, doesn't mean I should turn down the opportunity to get help to make it even better. This should be the best darn talk it could be for benefit of everyone involved.
If it'll help, it'll help!
So yeah, I'm in.

Bring your own laptop? With a particular connection? Or on a usb stick? Or online?
Will there be a clicker? Should I bring my own clicker? I kinda don't want to be tied to my laptop.
When will we know our time limit? How strict are the time limits? Will there be a timer visible? Counting up or counting down?
When will this steam of consciousness ever end?

I may just be a wincy bit excited.
I had far, far fewer questions up until reading this, thanks. It's going to help a lot to work with a small, specific audience long before our talks. That's a popular practice to eliminate the necessity of pulling teeth.
I write narrative first and then extract the gold nuggets onto index cards along with PP. Then I experiment with order and time frames. The talk is on the cards, however I print the entire paper in 14 pt font and have that in a binder open on the lecturn for a security blanker. Old school. No bells, whistles, time-lapse data, and gifs.
Humor is a necessary ingredient. Audience interaction can be built in somewhere. Then Q & A becomes optional.
I might use sound samples, though. It's hard to know which technology will be best.
How do you wish to create a closed group? Any preferred technology or group media?

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

1. There will be a handheld mic and a LAV mic. Mics are wired into the room sound so your voice carries.
  2. A standard laptop will be used for holding presentations, a few days before the event you will be asked to submit any files/powerpoints for loading onto the laptop.
  3. Powerpoint will be the preferred software if slides are used.
  4. The laptop will have internet access.
  5. Clicker will be available, no need to bring your own.
  6. The EMCEE will warn you if you are nearing your time limit.
  7. The time limits are VERY strict, namely because after you're done, several questions usually come in and we can't hold the room beyond our time.

TTG SS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Sep 3, 2014
Scottsdale, AZ
Just bought mine! Very excited

I am going to contribute to the forum on a daily basis and share my experiences and lessons learned in the trenches the past 12 months doing ecom/digital marketing

Like @Vigilante said I don't want to be the guy who shows up and nobody knows so I'm going to make a intro thread because I haven't been very active the past couple years.

Look forward to seeing you guys there :)

Steve

Mutant

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 8, 2018
London
  1. There will be a handheld mic and a LAV mic. Mics are wired into the room sound so your voice carries.
  2. A standard laptop will be used for holding presentations, a few days before the event you will be asked to submit any files/powerpoints for loading onto the laptop.
  3. Powerpoint will be the preferred software if slides are used.
  4. The laptop will have internet access.
  5. Clicker will be available, no need to bring your own.
  6. The EMCEE will warn you if you are nearing your time limit.
  7. The time limits are VERY strict, namely because after you're done, several questions usually come in and we can't hold the room beyond our time.

Thank you for that extensive answering! I suppose my only other questions (for now! :smuggy: ) are when will we know how long our time slot is? (The difference between 30-40 is a big chunk of change!) And do we need to allow for question time within that or after that? As timing is strict, I wanna get this nailed! Thanks.

Mutant

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 8, 2018
London
How do you wish to create a closed group? Any preferred technology or group media?

Any time I can avoid facebook is a good time. :thumbsup:
I use Whatsapp a lot, but I don't have any experience running these things, so defer to you!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
he difference between 30-40 is a big chunk of change!)

I'll send out an email with exact times at least two months before the event, just minimally prepare for 30, at most 45. Still sorting through speakers and invites, I might increase the # of speakers, some at 45, some at 30.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
If it is not too late to submit a proposal to speak, where do I do so?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
Yes, but you'd be added to the backup pool.

That's okay with me!

I don't think you have selected a 'spiritual' speaker yet.

Topic: From Human History to the Commandment of Need

I would further connect the dots between the commandment of Need and a spiritual perspective relating to meaning, purpose, why we exist, and the history of life and humanity.

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
If there is a volunteer position to be filled, I would also be more than happy to help in any way needed!

That's a popular practice to eliminate the necessity of pulling teeth.

If there becomes an awkward lull in time, I can easily explain how to actually pull teeth. :)

Not sure if that would make the metaphor less scary, or more.

Aaron_S

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 1, 2018
USA
If there is a volunteer position to be filled, I would also be more than happy to help in any way needed!

If there becomes an awkward lull in time, I can easily explain how to actually pull teeth. :)

Not sure if that would make the metaphor less scary, or more.
Add Charlie to the front of your username and more for sure. ;)

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Organizing a trek to Superstition again the Thursday before the Summit.
Maybe we can follow the correct path this time @Water @jimmeboy @UnrealCreative??? :rofl:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.