The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2020 Fastlane Summit at Talking Stick Resort... Event Info

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Since @Greg R didn’t volunteer, I’m volunteering him to speak.

Topic:
Buying a distressed business and turning it around.

I will put my hat in the ring.

Topic:
Buying a distressed business and turning it around.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

andrewsyc

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Aug 14, 2017
Iowa
I would be willing to speak. May need to crowdsource the topic a bit (so that people are actually interested. Finance stuff tends to bore most).

Possible topics:
- Keeping clean books and how they help you exit your business for top dollar
- A variety of topics around US taxation (depends on attendee demographics)
- E-commerce accounting, margins, profitability, etc

I'm rooting for you! I'd love to hear you speak.

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
I would be willing to speak. May need to crowdsource the topic a bit (so that people are actually interested. Finance stuff tends to bore most).

Possible topics:
- Keeping clean books and how they help you exit your business for top dollar
- A variety of topics around US taxation (depends on attendee demographics)
- E-commerce accounting, margins, profitability, etc

Chris needs to speak.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
I'll throw my (our) hat in here even though the business is in fledgling stages, as I hear this topic come up often:

How to be a Fastlane Couple (when your spouse wants nothing to do with it).

When we met, the husband was solidly in the "slow-lane" as outlined here. Regular job, working towards a pension, wanted nothing to do with business/ideas of business. Now we legit have to slow him down on his ideas & keep things focused on one... it's really cool to see & the process over the last almost 9 years might be helpful to someone who is struggling with a partner?

I can outline the process we've been through & what lead to the turnaround in mindset. I'm not sure this is of priority here, but it's an idea nonetheless. We'll do it if there's interest.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Have fun! I have to keep that $$ in my savings for the duplex... maybe 2021 will be my year finally

giphy.gif

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
Have fun! I have to keep that $$ in my savings for the duplex... maybe 2021 will be my year finally

giphy.gif
What you would learn from the summit would be far more valuable than going another year without new connections and knowledge. In the grand scheme of a duplex, $1k isn't anything.

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
What you would learn from the summit would be far more valuable than going another year without new connections and knowledge. In the grand scheme of a duplex, $1k isn't anything.
@BellaPippin

So far I can directly attribute $200k of revenue made as a result of attending the last Summit and countless invaluable connections.

I'm so glad I went.

Last edited:

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Is there an interest in a talk on “how to build an online community around a business”.

I got a lot I can share on that between fb groups/youtube/email list/mastermind/courses/coaching.

The last two years have been crazy with still a lot of challenges to go but I think it would make for a fun talk with good value.

spreng

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jul 1, 2019
seriously interested, am not yet a fastlaner in practice though and don't want to be shamed :p

PupRich

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Jul 15, 2019
I don't want the parasites to the chapter follow sucking my life time Therefore, I must be a Fastlane billionaire. Thank you MJ and everyone.:cool:

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Better plans, more connections, key information all lead to a duplex sooner.
20 min w/ @SteveO and you could probably have one this month.....

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
@BellaPippin

So far I can directly attribute $200k of revenue made as a result of attending the last Summit and countless invaluable connections.

I'm so glad I went.
Better plans, more connections, key information all lead to a duplex sooner.
20 min w/ @SteveO and you could probably have one this month.....

I keep saying $___ is nothing every month since like... two years ago and thus I've been stuck at that same amount for the whole two years. Half because life and half because me. I know $1k is nothing in the grand scheme of things but I've fallen behind for so long telling that to myself. If I get great knowledge and still be emotional me and not execute on it, I still wasted 1k.

I appreciate you guys encouraging me to go though. I'll think about it. t_t

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Please send me a synopsis of your topic so I can add it to the speaker pool (use CONTACT US link in forum footer), and if accepted, can include it in the event itinerary.

Before selling tix, I will have a list of speakers so attendees will know EXACTLY what they will be hearing if they buy a ticket.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
I can talk about cold calling, phone sales, and closing deals for hours on end(I already do it every morning for an hour with my team).

You can add me in as a speaker, assuming someone else isn't already coming to talk about cold calling and selling..

Thanks!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I can talk about cold calling, phone sales, and closing deals for hours on end(I already do it every morning for an hour with my team).

You can add me in as a speaker, assuming someone else isn't already coming to talk about cold calling and selling..

Thanks!

That's an awesome talk I think anyone would want to hear, any business owner needs sales and ways to improve the sales process. Thank you for volunteering!

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
That's an awesome talk I think anyone would want to hear, any business owner needs sales and ways to improve the sales process. Thank you for volunteering!

You're welcome!

If a poll is possible before the talk regarding what most people want to know most about within the sales process that would be a big help for me to create something everyone can benefit from hearing instead of just assuming what everyone wants to hear.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
@MJ DeMarco you can put me down to speak on the importance of leadership when thinking and building bigger if I am one of the chosen few.

I believe this stuff to the core of my being.

I'm still tentative, but actually rather certain I'll be able to make it this year.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
@MJ DeMarco you can put me down to speak on the importance of leadership when thinking and building bigger if I am one of the chosen few.

Bahahaha, I don't think you have anything to worry about in terms of getting selected to speak.

Thanks for volunteering, can't wait to hear what you have to say. I'm sure I'm not alone in that anticipation.

jwhanke

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Mar 26, 2018
Akron, OH
I would want to attend either! I would prefer it was the 21st though. Glad this is happening next year.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
I keep saying $___ is nothing every month since like... two years ago and thus I've been stuck at that same amount for the whole two years. Half because life and half because me. I know $1k is nothing in the grand scheme of things but I've fallen behind for so long telling that to myself. If I get great knowledge and still be emotional me and not execute on it, I still wasted 1k.
I appreciate you guys encouraging me to go though. I'll think about it. t_t
what would it look like if you did both?

picture it. feel it. breathe it.

ok. now what do we need to do to make that happen?

do that.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
And I'm not sure if he spoke in previous years but @eliquid would be solid

You were at the last summit when I spoke. Was my presentation that bad that it was forgotten? lol

We even spoke outside one night with 2-3 other people in a group.

You must be getting old... or my presentation must have been really bad.

Last edited:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Is there an interest in a talk on “how to build an online community around a business”.

I got a lot I can share on that between fb groups/youtube/email list/mastermind/courses/coaching.

The last two years have been crazy with still a lot of challenges to go but I think it would make for a fun talk with good value.

I am interested.

I recently was toying with the idea of making a website that talks about the cool stuff in the area that I just moved to. There seem to be a lot of cool things going on, so I wanted to help other people hear about them. The point was to make a local network, so I'm personally interested.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
@Vigilante said it perfectly at one Tampa meetup several years ago when we first met and its something I will never forget.

At the end of the meetup he said to us, "Lets do this again in 6 months or so. But if you leave here and don't do anything, don't bother showing up next time."

I took that message to heart. I was in the process of killing my first failed attempt at a business. And when the time came to where another meetup was likely, I wouldnt have gone unless I was working on something. And it pushed me to get my current business started.

So in the spirit of Vigilante... if you don't have a business, sure you're welcome to come. But if you have no intentions of taking what you learn there to start a business and wont have anything to share the second Summit.. don't bother coming to either.

This is how winners think. We want you to succeed just like us, but if you won't put in the effort than !@$# off.

Expect people to get on your level.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
An event like this could be a game changer for someone who is working on their first profitable business, or just stuck at their current level. If that's you and you're worried about not fitting in, don't be. If you are learning what you need to learn, taking credible action toward your goals, and willing to talk to people, you'll fit in just fine.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
If a poll is possible before the talk regarding what most people want to know most about within the sales process that would be a big help for me to create something everyone can benefit from hearing instead of just assuming what everyone wants to hear.

Yes, once the speaker itinerary is confirmed we can dialogue with the forum on the best focus within the scope of that topic.

Awesome topic, it seems FB is really starting to focus on the group format. Would love to hear how to leverage that venue, especially since I've all but abandoned it.

Will submit a speaker proposal as well...

I will also post later with potential speaker topics.

Please submit! I hope to make final selections this week. This is for the Feb 7/8 date for the event.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.