The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2017 Fastlane Summit (Official Announcement)

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
MJ, first of all thanks for sharing.

WEALTH without HEALTH leaves a somewhat hollow sense of victory. That coupled with the challenges of personal "stuff" is sufficient enough for anyone to step back, reassess and 'take five'

We understand.

If you don't write one iota of a sentence again, you have already done enough to change MY concept (and many others as well) of entrepreneurship. For that, I am always grateful. I use the principals of the Commandments in almost all that I commit myself to in my growing business.

Thanks for your authenticity and transparency.
It gives us a better understanding that none of us are without our personal battles, and at times we all see each other through that glass darkly.

We all have Barriers of Entry into overcoming our own obstacles, be they health, relationships, or personal. We are all there, some time or other. That is the string of humanness that runs through each and every one of us and ties us all together...

Get better. Be well. Rest.

We've got your back.

R

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ceewo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Jul 8, 2016
I know how it feels, I'm a fitness maniac, healthy as much as it possibly can be however i ended up in a hospital with neuroborreliosis about two months ago, yeah, that sucks, but now i'm back on my feet, launched a new business few days ago and happy, i have a lot of goals ahead of me but the happiness comes from going forward, being on the right track.
I wish you a quick recovery, get well soon MJ. :)

Btw i suppose that the event will be held in USA that means flying overseas for me from Europe, so thats a goal for me, being in position to be able to travel that means $$$ and time [HASHTAG]#letsgo[/HASHTAG] [emoji378]

tonyf7

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Oct 27, 2016
Arkansas
Good to hear you're normalizing and feeling better. Keep it up!

Because my next book is essentially done (spring/summer 2017 release)

Had no idea you were writing a new book. Very exciting. Was just telling a friend last night to read TMF .

Sooo, what's the new book all about and what's it gonna be called? :bookworm:

Or is that top secret intel still?

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Sorry to hear that MJ.

I know you have a huge network of people already but if you ever need help with anything you have a lot of guys on here who are always ready to help.

I am truly grateful for this place all the time and wish you a speedy recovery.

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
It's great that you have been choosing to take care of yourself. You are spot-on when you say that if you don't have health, nothing else really matters much.

We'll still be here when your book is launched, when you start writing articles again, and when/if you decide to launch a podcast. I'm sure that I speak for most of us when I say that we aren't going anywhere :)

Take care of yourself and get better soon!!!

:hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
By the way, nobody has an excuse to not be at 2018. This is your early warning. Put aside $50 a month and you'll have enough for your ticket and your hotel. No excuses will be honored for lack of your personal attendance at 2018 other than the fact that the tickets sold out in 9 minutes while you were in the shower.

Start saving NOW.

E-Sharp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jun 9, 2015
Sorry to hear this, but also happy to hear you're taking care of yourself and putting that first, MJ. Hope your back to good health soon.

I can't wait to read your new book. Really excited for that!

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
@MJ DeMarco, I'm coming to see you at your place then. I'll bring the white wine and sweaters... You already have a copy of "the notebook" so we are set

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
I agree, your health is absolutely #1. I wish you a speedy recovery MJ!

@MJ DeMarco, I'm coming to see you at your place then. I'll bring the white wine and sweaters... You already have a copy of "the notebook" so we are set
lololol

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
I'm really sorry to hear this. I hope you're feeling better, and that the doctors resolve whatever is wrong if it's medical, or that whatever else is casting a cloud over your life goes away. This is still the greatest place on the internet.

Tomekmeister

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jan 21, 2016
I am very sorry to hear that and I truly wish you a fast recovery, you really do deserve some rest after all the amazing work you've put in, not only guiding, but uniting entrepreneurs from all over the globe. We all are really grateful for everything you've done for us. Thank you!

Why does every person I admire have medical problems? Am I cursed or what?
I don't know if you've heard the bad news, but Hal Elrod has been diagnosed with cancer recently. I guess karma took a week off.
I wouldn't worry about him though, the guy has been dead a few times already, yet he's still in a pretty good shape ;)

Back to the topic...
Gather the funds to travel across the world and attend the Fastlane Summit in 2018?
challengeaccepted.jpg

Take care!

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
but Hal Elrod has been diagnosed with cancer recently

OMG, are you serious? I did not hear about that. If anyone can kick the big C's butt, it's HAL. He will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Just when I had plans ready for 2017...MJ's gonna kick the bucket. :D

I hope you get better soon! You know I'm sending good vibes! Wouldn't be here without you!!!

Last edited:

hatzil

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Nov 29, 2015
Israel
@MJ DeMarco
Hey MJ, I suffer 4 years from dizziness, and my dad from autoimmune disease for 2 years and I decided to try to help my family.I came across a book,and I know it's too soon to recommend you this book(currently reading it,by far tons of value),but the author claims to solve broad spectrum of health problems,emphazasing a lot of digestion/energy/autoimmune conditions related to gluten,diary and sugar and other enviromental factors. he made a big research, and I think it's worth you give it a chance. I'm taking highlights&notes to give my family,and if you don't have the time to read it, I can send it to you if you want when I finish.

check it out if it interests you, I wish you the best man
https://www.amazon.com/Autoimmune-Fix-Hidden-Damage-Disease/dp/162336700X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1479153755&sr=8-1&keywords=autoimmune fix

Last edited:

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
To my fellow Fastlaners, entrepreneurs, and friends,

As some of my local forum friends know, I've had a challenging year with respect to my health, not to mention some very personal issues. I won't go into great detail here other than to say something I've mentioned before: When you don't have your health, nothing else matters: Not money. Not pending book releases. Not "your book changed my life!" emails. Not Fantasy Football or who won threw the winning touchdown. All of it becomes pretty much irrelevant and secondary.

This "new reality" I've had to deal with this year has taken its toll on many things, the main thing being my energy which has translated into a book release that has fallen far short of my release date, my declining contribution here at the forum, and among other things, an overall disconnect between "living the dream" and "fighting the fatigue."

It with great remorse that I feel I need to make a tough decision based on what is right for ME -- not for what is right for the forum, for tradition, or for others. I must officially declare that our annual Fastlane meetup (Feb 2017) will be postponed this year in hopes to have it return next year in 2018.

This is the bad news. (Yes, I hope to have good news too.)

While @Red is my "project manager" on the event and does a fantastic job coordinating everything relieving a lot of the stress, there is still a tremendous amount of time and energy that must go into the event; it's preparation, speakers, scheduling, food, etc. To be perfectly honest, I haven't consistently felt physically or mentally able to pull it off as my new "job one" has been to simply feel normal LONGER than just a day or two.

However, the good news is this: I feel (finally) I have been trending in the right direction and ultimately I'd like to assume that trend will continue where I can focus it into the forum. With a hopeful return to normalcy, it is my intent to recommit to the forum which is a recommitment to my presence and contribution HERE. I'd like to comment more, contribute more, and start writing articles again (which I used to do years ago) and heck, maybe even an INSIDERS podcast. I expect these things to start in the new year when my book goes from "production" to "prepublication." Of course, all of these "expectations" are dependent on my health and energy levels.

Because my next book is essentially done (spring/summer 2017 release), I can rephase out of writing and back to contributing. And of course, with 400+ pages of new content, I'm sure there will be a lot of stuff to discuss.

In the end I want to leave you with this: The EVENT we do every year is a product of the FORUM -- the FORUM is not a product of the EVENT. Think about that. This is a community and the event exists to serve the community. If the community dissipates for other pastures, it doesn't help the forum, but the other pasture -- that pasture is often a giga-entity, for example Microsoft (Skype) or Zuckerberg (Facebook.) What I'm saying here is NOT to dissuade those offshooting activities, but to give thought to the things that have all originally bound us together here (including our event) -- our common love for a special type of entrepreneurship that delivers life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

While it's too early for "new years resolutions", I have resolved to get better first and foremost. To me, that is the lynchpin. Second, it is my intent to focus that betterment HERE at the forum-- the place where this crazy thing called "Fastlane" all started more than TEN years ago. For starters, my intent is to redesign the forum, streamline some categories, retool INSIDERS membership requirements, and get some things up to date. I hope to be here as much as I was when I started this place a decade ago. At the end of the day, I understand that I must lead that charge and be its leader to make the forum a better medium for exposing value to its visitors. Come this time next year, I envision a forum community that yearns for our annual event, and not yearns for it because the calendar says so.

It is my great hope that you will continue sharing your journey here-- the successes, the failures, and the grinding hustles that make it possible. Or if you have been in shadows or not here at all except to check-in on a once-a-year-event, I hope you can return and give us the great privilege of hearing the unfolding story you are writing.

Thank you for reading, your understanding, and of course, your participation here.

Best,
~ MJ

MJ,

Please take care of yourself! Time is short and health is everything. What you've started here is invaluable and I want to read that damn new book! We need you in tip-top, brother!:)

I've not been around here in months, as I've lost 4 loved ones this year and did not realize the effect that their respective passings would have on me. Deep depression. Life is a motherf--cker! But I got up and dusted myself off. Back on the grind.

Sitting down with you, @AllenCrawley, @Vigilante, @Arrabista, your wives, etc. and enjoying cigars at the Summit was incredible - thank you all, again.:) I never really shared my impressions of that magical weekend.:( I also collected a bunch of contact information from attendees that I have not contacted. My bad, fellas and ladies. I will reach out over the next two weeks to re-connect.

I'd decided to present at the 2017 event but will now have to wait until 2018. Gives me more time to fine tune my presentation. I hope it's worthy of the audience. I'll be tuning back in because I've missed this place and the people.

Be Well, Brother DeMarco and please don't hesitate to reach out if there is something that I can do for you.

Peace, Blessings and GOD-speed to your health journey,
Anthony aka Chitown

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Tony you still in the limo biz?

I've not been around here in months, as I've lost 4 loved ones this year

My sympathies and condolences Tony, sorry to hear this. Sending you well wishes...

Jonathan Boyd

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Nov 19, 2015
MJ, thanks for taking the time to write such a thoughtful and inspiring post (honestly, it's to be expected at this point.

Best wishes, and hope you get to feeling better very soon.

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
Tony you still in the limo biz?
@MJ DeMarco,

Yes. Gained more business after the Meetup, much to my chagrin. However, I'm grateful because the excess cash from the business is allowing me to bootstrap the other business I plan to present on at Summit 2018. As things progress, I'll start a thread sharing my ups and downs.

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
My sympathies and condolences Tony, sorry to hear this. Sending you well wishes...
@MJ DeMarco,

Thanks, MJ! Much appreciated.:)

One of the people, Ms. Foster, was a friend and work colleague of my mother's. She owned some land on the southside of Chicago, in Bronzeville, that she had no plans for. I presented her with a development plan of action that made sense to her and she let me have a run at getting the deal done.

Unfortunately, due to my lack of experience in dealing with Chicago's political culture - "alley permits", anyone? - the deal never got done. But I will always hold Ms. Foster dear, for she was the first person - there were many others approached - who actually listened to what I had to say about a potential business deal and didn't look at me like I was stupid.

I can't tell you what a tremendous boost of confidence her actions gave me. The experience also taught me that my s--t has to be tight and that the other folks I reached out to most likely had a good reason to view me as someone with two heads. It would've been nice to have their critique of my plans, though.:)

Jamie T

>>
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
390%
Oct 26, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
@MJ DeMarco

I hope you get well soon.

Thanks for being open and letting us know. I enjoyed the Summit last year (it was life changing) and plan to attend all future Summits.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Oh man i know personally how low energy can mess up productivity.
Good luck and get better MJ, if anyone can do it you can.
It'd be awesome if you'll eventually share how you treated low energy problems.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Yep. I'm sure you are his first choice.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
Oh no! I'm sorry to hear you've been having health issues. I'm glad, though, to hear that you're making getting well your top priority. You've created an amazing thing here with the forum, the community, the book, everything. You've changed so many lives for the better, so it's good to know that you're going to focus on your own as you tackle this latest challenge. Get well soon!

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
MJ, you are providing more awesome lessons even in your absence. By putting this on hold and focusing on importance you are once again living what you are preaching.

I hope you get well as fast as you can. The forum is in good hands through your excellent moderators while you are away, no need to fret over small details I think.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.