The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2015 Fastlane Summit, Official Thread

K.Y.

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 4, 2013
So... I was asked to speak to since there's a lack of female representation, but I haven't really hashed-out my topic. :)

I was planning on doing Etsy-revisted. Maybe throw in some stuff about attending the Canton Fair, working with Chinese manufacturers, and cultural pitfalls. Also, hiring help, software tools, miscellaneous.

But I can also talk about real estate stuff, if we're short on real estate speakers (SFH rentals & fix and flips). Or how-not-to-get-frostbite climbing Kilimanjaro with fellow entrepreneurs from the forum.

+1 for the inner workings of an etsy/import business and pitfalls for beginners :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky

Mrs. BRKb

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Apr 27, 2008
USA
@AnneC - Advantages/disadvantages of product types to consider, work flow, product fulfillment, product suppliers, product negotiations, quality control, helpers, partners, cultural facets. Ecomm as compared to real estate. :)

needchaser

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Jan 7, 2012
USA
Driving out from Los Angeles on Thursday morning, anyone en route between L.A. and Arizona who wants to carpool, PM me. I'll be heading back home Monday.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
Just a heads up, dinner ticket sales for the Saturday night dinner at R&R in Scottsdale will go on sale tomorrow for $40/head. These tickets are for people who are either local & want to do some networking, or the SO's of attendees. Alcohol is not included in the ticket, which covers your admittance to the event & your full meal.

51774449.jpg

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
I was planning on doing Etsy-revisted. Maybe throw in some stuff about attending the Canton Fair, working with Chinese manufacturers, and cultural pitfalls. Also, hiring help, software tools, miscellaneous.

I personally wanted to hear about you making a killing on Etsy! (because, well.... real estate. lol)

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
Just a heads up, dinner ticket sales for the Saturday night dinner at R&R in Scottsdale will go on sale tomorrow for $40/head. These tickets are for people who are either local & want to do some networking, or the SO's of attendees. Alcohol is not included in the ticket, which covers your admittance to the event & your full meal.

51774449.jpg

Because I don't like assuming: these tickets are only available for people who have a meetup ticket right? And...how many are available?

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
If you are attending the meetup, you are covered (this meal is included in your admission price). This ticket is for people who may be a significant other/travel companion of an attendee (ie: traveled here with them, but are not attending the conference) but may still want to be a part of the evening's social aspect or for local people who want to do the same.

If you purchased a ticket to attend the Meetup, this meal/event is included in the ticket price you already paid.

Last edited by a moderator:

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
Because I don't like assuming: these tickets are only available for people who have a meetup ticket right? And...how many are available?

I believe it's for people who don't have meetup tickets.

EDIT: Red beat me to it. :)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
I'll need one ticket for the SO. :)

So, in order to fine tune my talk, I want to know the general make up of the audience if at all possible. I know some of y'all are experienced entrepreneurs but are there any relative newcomers (such as myself) coming?

I would hate to tell an audience something that they already know.

Cheers!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
o, in order to fine tune my talk, I want to know the general make up of the audience if at all possible.

I would say half < 30 years old. Some are in the growth stage of their business, but I would say that the majority are still in a search mode of getting started. Although I could be wrong-- lots of folks are quiet about what they're doing. If you were going to talk about your startup process, I think everyone would find it interesting.

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
So... I was asked to speak to since there's a lack of female representation, but I haven't really hashed-out my topic. :)

But I can also talk about real estate stuff, if we're short on real estate speakers (SFH rentals & fix and flips). Or how-not-to-get-frostbite climbing Kilimanjaro with fellow entrepreneurs from the forum.

Etsy / sourcing from Chinese manufacturers!

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
I would say half < 30 years old. Some are in the growth stage of their business, but I would say that the majority are still in a search mode of getting started. Although I could be wrong-- lots of folks are quiet about what they're doing. If you were going to talk about your startup process, I think everyone would find it interesting.
Thanks MJ.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
And I know this won't be entirely accurate... but how many of you are interested in having Bulletproof Coffee available in the mornings? I'm working on making that happen but need to start hoarding unsalted KerryGold, LOL.

Please chime in if you would be interested in BP Coffee at the conference. Thanks!

4ef8db23dc689eddd0bbd954ac9a8197655ef0625f43f8def83e41832cecb0de.jpg

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
And I know this won't be entirely accurate... but how many of you are interested in having Bulletproof Coffee available in the mornings? I'm working on making that happen but need to start hoarding unsalted KerryGold, LOL.

Please chime in if you would be interested in BP Coffee at the conference. Thanks!

Are you bringing the Vitamix?

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
Are you bringing the Vitamix?

I have a NutriBullet that works amazingly well. But if anyone local has an extra blender they can lend out for 3 days, that would be great!

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Started working on my presentation today! I'm indifferent about the bulletproof coffee. I think it works, but I'm not a huge fan of the taste.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The tickets for the networking dinner are on sale here:

http://www.viperionpublishing.com/meetups/networking-dinner-2015

Please! If you plan on showing up at dinner whether to eat or not, buy the ticket. I don't want to be chasing people down and having to ask. It is costing a pretty big minimum nut to reserve the space on a Saturday night during spring training season as R&R is right on Scottsdale Road and is kind of in the thick of things. Your cooperation is appreciated, thanks.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

Yup, no matter what stage folks are in, if you've found success in a process, it's useful to everyone. Unless of course, its just your first $10 as an amazon affiliate....LOL

I definitely would like to try it.

benhebert

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
234%
Dec 3, 2012
Traveling
Started working on my presentation over the weekend. Going to drop some value bombs.

Just realized I didn't book accommodations yet. Suggestions other than hire an assistant to manage such things would be appreciated :)

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK

YES YES YES YES YES!

I've been trying to figure out how to get some. But a blender and coffee machine are hard to bring in my carry-on.

kamanuci

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Nov 7, 2013
Started working on my presentation over the weekend. Going to drop some value bombs.

Just realized I didn't book accommodations yet. Suggestions other than hire an assistant to manage such things would be appreciated :)
I used airbnb and it was pretty easy

K.Y.

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 4, 2013
I'll need one ticket for the SO. :)

So, in order to fine tune my talk, I want to know the general make up of the audience if at all possible. I know some of y'all are experienced entrepreneurs but are there any relative newcomers (such as myself) coming?

I would hate to tell an audience something that they already know.

Cheers!

Like MJ said, I'd find a lot of value in your startup process. starting from nothing to something.

as a guy who just received baggies of l-theanine and beta alanine, super stoked about your talk!

don't be afraid to bring some smart caffeine, I have a feeling bringing my bag of l-theanine might not fly with TSA :p

OperationMyWay

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
403%
Nov 26, 2013

I would love to have this available as well. Thanks for thinking of this.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Please! If you plan on showing up at dinner whether to eat or not, buy the ticket. I don't want to be chasing people down and having to ask. It is costing a pretty big minimum nut to reserve the space on a Saturday night during spring training season as R&R is right on Scottsdale Road and is kind of in the thick of things. Your cooperation is appreciated, thanks.

Just to be clear, we don't need a ticket if we're signed up for the meetup, right?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
we don't need a ticket if we're signed up for the meetup, right?

Correct, MEETUP ATTENDEES are already included in this dinner as its apart of your ticket. This is for SOs, locals, etc.

Also, if you are attending the meetup and DO NOT plan on attending this dinner, please let us know as the venue wants a head count 1 week prior.

K.Y.

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 4, 2013
is anyone down to lift weights/exercise/rock climb/something physical before/after the speakers?

nothing beats bonding over sweat and panting.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.