The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2013 Beer & Pancakes

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Haha! I just figured id stay where the event was. Call me crazy. I guess Ill need to book it, but I need to book the flight first.

Although... There is a Hayatt and a Marriot on TPC it seems... No biggie there will be something cool open.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
I have no idea where I am staying... I cant get anything booked untill sometime in january... I may end up sleeping on a chair in the lobby!

garyfritz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 16, 2011
Colorado
I wasn't sure WHERE it was going to be held -- post #1 still says it'll be "the Chaparral or the Clarion." The Chaparral was about 50-100% pricier so I went with the Clarion.

RealOG

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Aug 20, 2007
Austin, Texas, United States
The Clarion is where we are having the event and we have reserved a block of rooms at a discount. For the price, they are the best value in Scottsdale during that season. Not sure how many have been booked up yet, but there were 30 discounted nights. Get em while theyre hot!

garyfritz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 16, 2011
Colorado
I wondered if there were any discount rooms! Thought we might have to have a discount code or something. So I called the Clarion and got it worked out. Everyone, the discount is listed under "Fastlane Beer & Pancakes." (The reservations guy thought that was an odd name, for some strange reason...) The normal rate is $139.99 for parking-lot side, something higher for pool-side. Discount rate is $119.99 for parking-lot side. I figure I won't get to bed until long after the pool is closed so why pay more for that side? :cheers:

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
heres a really stupid question... you can tell I never go anywhere...LOL

when you reserve a hotel room do you pay the whole thing at the time of reservation? or can you just pay a deposit or something?

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I believe they take your card now and charge the card on file when you check out.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
I'm selling my ticket. PM me if interested.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
I sent a message to I guess mike thru his blog. if anyone is interested in purchasing my ticket before he gets back to me please let me know. I have had a family emergency and I need to leave to go to pennsylvania as soon as posssible...

danoodle

Freedom Seeker
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 1, 2011
Kansas, toto
A few things:
  • Was anything finalized for the gun range excursion? Date, time, etc?
  • I am also interested in going to Vegas and/or LA/San Diego after the event. Please message me if you're driving and interested and we can plan on some logistics; want to book my tickets and whatnot asap
  • I am most likely staying at the Clarion for the nights of Thursday the 21st through Sunday 23rd, possibly an extra night depending on other plans and flights. Would be willing to share a room with someone, let me know. I stayed with Sasha at the 2012 B&P so she can vouch for me. ;)
  • I also looked into the Days Inn, and they said they were shutting down at the end of the year? Maybe someone else can verify, but they were definitely the cheap way to go! :p

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
My ticket now belongs to Hawk07. I won't be able to attend because I now have a "job"-business that won't allow me to fly to the U.S. for the extended time like I planned and unfortunately I can't financially justify to fly there just for the B&P weekend at my current career/business stage. Have fun guys and gals!

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
edge is now the owner of my ticket...

I really wanted to go on this trip. but family comes first.

thanks Edge for helping me out and like I said everyone have fun for me! (dam family)

Edge

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Sep 20, 2007
Kansas
edge is now the owner of my ticket...

I really wanted to go on this trip. but family comes first.

thanks Edge for helping me out and like I said everyone have fun for me! (dam family)

Hope it's OK that an old-timer decided to make an appearance, I think i've missed the past two events and i've been MIA around here for a while also. Look forward to catching up with everyone and meeting everyone else.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Is Edge coming? Wow, this is getting better and better.....

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
Hope it's OK that an old-timer decided to make an appearance, I think i've missed the past two events and i've been MIA around here for a while also. Look forward to catching up with everyone and meeting everyone else.

Hey David, nice to see you again... how's the trading going?

Jon

Edge

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Sep 20, 2007
Kansas
Hey David, nice to see you again... how's the trading going?

Jon

Great, weekly options listed 5 weeks out on the major indices changed the way I do everything.

Am I going to get to catch up with you at B&P?

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
Am I going to get to catch up with you at B&P?

Right now, I'm not committed. But I'd say there is a pretty good chance I'll jump on if someone is selling a ticket in the New Year. I was already feeling the pain of missing before I saw you on here.

It was really your presentation (and Bob's) that planted the trading bug in me. And just to think that Howard Lindzon (who founded StockTwits) was presenting that year as well.

I've traded mostly weekly options as well for the past couple years, nothing so complex as you though.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Ahhhh, B and P. The memories. If you've never been, are considering going, and there is room.... GOOO! SOO worth it! ;)

garyfritz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 16, 2011
Colorado
Edge, I look forward to meeting you in Feb. I've traded futures and currently forex, but never figured out how to make money with options.

Edge

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Sep 20, 2007
Kansas
It was really your presentation (and Bob's) that planted the trading bug in me. And just to think that Howard Lindzon (who founded StockTwits) was presenting that year as well.

I didn't realize I had a hand in unleashing that beast, glad to hear it though.

Edge, I look forward to meeting you in Feb. I've traded futures and currently forex, but never figured out how to make money with options.

Gary - look forward to meeting you as well. Funny you can't make money with options and I can't make money without them.. Without options, you have to be right about direction, that's HARD!

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
:( all these traders.... I am so sad I cant go :( I have to drive to pa this weekend to rescue my little sister and her kids... I am not concerend with driving 12 hours to get them(+12 hrs back) or the money its costing me to go. but damn I really hate that I had to give up my trip...

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
:( all these traders.... I am so sad I cant go :( I have to drive to pa this weekend to rescue my little sister and her kids... I am not concerend with driving 12 hours to get them(+12 hrs back) or the money its costing me to go. but damn I really hate that I had to give up my trip...

Well hey, family comes first, right?

... it's not like you are going to miss the greatest weekend ever, which will create a dent in the universe and single handedly drive the global economy into a boom.

(Sorry I just couldn't resist :jackson:)

atmosphere13

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jul 23, 2012
San Diego, CA
So what is this event? Is this a weekend seminar or a weekend networking hang out?

I'm interested..

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Its a yearly weekend networking event with presentations by the participants. And its sold out.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Wait this weekend? Im confused.

I hope everything works out for your family.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Its a yearly weekend networking event with presentations by the participants. And its sold out.

You need to come. Quit the job.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
I can't :/. I'm starting in february so it will be my first month there and also I want to close a deal there ASAP to make big fat $$$. Maybe I'll hop on a plane to domrep later in 2013 and visit you in Houston ;).

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
Wait this weekend? Im confused.

I hope everything works out for your family.

I must have read that wrong, I thought she was doing something with her family the weekend of the event... :confused:

If something is wrong with the family I apologize for my comment, please keep us updated.

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011
Whats sold out the event or the cheaper rate hotels? I assume just showing up is fine?

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Whats sold out the event or the cheaper rate hotels? I assume just showing up is fine?

The event is sold out. Places were limited and tickets cost around $200. So just showing up isn't fine ;).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.