The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2011 Beer & Pancakes

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
I own that domain

What's the URL?

TaxGuy said:
. . . but haven't built on it yet, especially since my personal website's "Business Education" section is geared towards the same type of info ;)

Then again, I could always redirect DD.com to my site :)

Instead of a redirect, why not make a simple landing page that talks about Doers and Dreamers?

Then, if they want more info, put a link to your site.

-Russ H.

ForestL

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jul 6, 2008
Mesa, Arizona
I have been putting off going for a couple of years now for reason or another. You guys are coming from all over the world I would be stupid not to go, being it's in my backyard. Just got my confirmation. There might not be a next year, so I'm in. Hoping to gain a lot and start getting some good contacts/friends.-Forest

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Welcome, Forest!

Any ideas of what you might want to talk about for 10 minutes?

It's not necessarily what you'd think-- no super high level business stuff.

More something you know a little bit about, and could share w/the group.

-Russ H.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Just added taxGuy, ForestL, and WildAmbitions!

Everyone got their presentations ready? :smxB:

Our current roster:

1. Biophase
2. Snowbank
3. Markettech101
4. Lighthouse
5. Russ H
6. Globalwealth
7. SaraK
8. PhxMJ
9. SteveO
10. RealOG
11. Kung Fu Steve
12/13. Mr and Mrs Runum
14. Cactus Wren
15. Davidla
16. Jaykla
17/18.Blfbob & mini-bflbob
19. MikeC
20. CoryC
21. Jbar
22. Montexan
23. TaxGuy
24. ForestL
25. WildAmbitions

-Russ H.

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
Yeah.... about that presentation.

Having some slight difficulties thinking of a good topic. I might do something mindset related.

Why don't you do a presentation such as, "How to come up with topics for presentations."

Since this seems like something at this point you know something about.

MikeC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Dec 4, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
Why don't you do a presentation such as, "How to come up with topics for presentations."

Since this seems like something at this point you know something about.

Okay, here's what I'm going to do.

I'm narrowing the topic down a bit further. "How to come up with topics for B&P 2012 presentations."

I'll address the subject of coming up with a topic, and also video tape it. That way, next year, when people inevitably say "I can't think of a presentation," like I am, we can just show them the video of me presenting on how I couldn't think of something to present.

Nah.. I'll think of something. ;)

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
How much does the NASCAR race affect the rest of the city? The race will be at PIR that weekend. Almost time for me to head west.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
We need a list of people and what they're presenting.

Well, OK, we don't *need* it.

But knowing what each is presenting would be nice, to avoid overlap.

-Russ H.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
I´m sure you guys will all have an awesome time!! I will miss seeing everyone. Eat a pancake for me ;) and send me lots of emails to rub it in that I´m not there....

Have lots of fun!!

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
How much does the NASCAR race affect the rest of the city? The race will be at PIR that weekend. Almost time for me to head west.

That's in my neck of the woods, so if anyone's looking to go to the track hit me up and we can meet up before or after ;)

If only I could find a way to market there with 100k potential clients, I'm sure atleast 99k of them are in need of better tax services at a better price and don't even know it :p

We were gonna try flyer distribution at the BCS Title Game last month but found out that it is strictly prohibited by U of PHX Stadium regulations :(

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
Kenric ~

Is it true that the window to get the "Fastlane Meeting" rate at the Firesky has closed? Or did I just speak with the wrong person there? I would prefer to be there with the group. But not for $400/night!!

Jill

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Kenric ~

Is it true that the window to get the "Fastlane Meeting" rate at the Firesky has closed? Or did I just speak with the wrong person there? I would prefer to be there with the group. But not for $400/night!!

Jill

I believe that all our $179/nt rooms are taken, but I would try Ryan at the number Bob posted. If there are any open rooms I think you can still get them. BTW, next week is a busy weekend here in Phoenix.

Interesting things going on next weekend:
Nascar of course!
Spring Training Starts on Friday!
The Sportsmens Outdoor Show (which I'm going to try to go to for biz purposes) - Arizona Sportsmans Show
International UFO Congress (2011 International UFO Congress Update)

Davidla

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 30, 2009
Colorado, U.S.A
That's in my neck of the woods, so if anyone's looking to go to the track hit me up and we can meet up before or after ;)

If only I could find a way to market there with 100k potential clients, I'm sure atleast 99k of them are in need of better tax services at a better price and don't even know it :p

We were gonna try flyer distribution at the BCS Title Game last month but found out that it is strictly prohibited by U of PHX Stadium regulations :(

I´ve never been to a NASCAR - so I´d be happy to go after!

About the marketing - how about dressing up in costumes? Tax super-heroes could work!
of course dressing up (or undressing) an attractive woman with minimal clothing might have better results..

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Aaaaaand . . . Jill is now registered and on the attendees list! :banana:

Welcome, Mees Jill.

Ya gonna bring the Bobo?

-Russ H.

jaykla

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 2, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Hey Everyone.
I'm looking forward to B&P and meeting all of you. I've been pretty quiet on this forum since I signed up a few months ago because I was learning about the world of internet marketing and SEO stuff. I've also been thinking about what to present and really couldn't come up with anything so I figured I would run a couple options by you guys and perhaps you can tell me if either of these sound like something you would want to hear more about.
1. Well, I'm a dentist by trade so I would be more than happy to tell you all about the world of dentistry, what's worth doing in regards to your teeth and what's not. Go over some myths and realities of what your dentist has been telling you. I'm not sure how many people want to hear about teeth since it's not the most exciting subject.
2. I've been doing a lot of digital photography over the last couple of years and I was thinking I could do something like "How to get the most out of your DSLR"
That's pretty much all I got for now. Thanks for the feedback and see you all soon!
Jay

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Hey Everyone.
I'm looking forward to B&P and meeting all of you. I've been pretty quiet on this forum since I signed up a few months ago because I was learning about the world of internet marketing and SEO stuff. I've also been thinking about what to present and really couldn't come up with anything so I figured I would run a couple options by you guys and perhaps you can tell me if either of these sound like something you would want to hear more about.
1. Well, I'm a dentist by trade so I would be more than happy to tell you all about the world of dentistry, what's worth doing in regards to your teeth and what's not. Go over some myths and realities of what your dentist has been telling you. I'm not sure how many people want to hear about teeth since it's not the most exciting subject.
2. I've been doing a lot of digital photography over the last couple of years and I was thinking I could do something like "How to get the most out of your DSLR"
That's pretty much all I got for now. Thanks for the feedback and see you all soon!
Jay

I would like both. Both are extremely relevant to me/my world.

One of our innkeepers was a professional architectural photographer for 30 years, and he just (as a favor) shot a bunch of our rooms. They look amazing. He did it all w/a small DSLR on a tripod, w/some lights. He used fixed lenses, quite wide angle.

The dentist stuff is just a personal interest thing. Would be fascinating to get insight on that.

-Russ H.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
I'd love to hear about the photography. It is one of those things that has always seemed to be more innate than learned to me, but I know that's not true. Your insight would be valuable to me and others.

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
Aaaaaand . . .Ya gonna bring the Bobo?

Thanks for asking, Russ. I would love to. And he would like to come also. But we've just been away from home too much lately. Kid's starting to call us "what's-his-name" and "what's-her-name". So one of us needs to stay home, I'm afraid. It's bad timing for me too. But I just couldn't stand the thot of missing two years in a row!

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Sorry to be missing it this year...
Have a kid in the hospital, they should spring her soon!

I was wondering what would cause you to miss.

Makes total sense-- hope the kiddo gets better!

-Russ H.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Hey Everyone.
Jay

Both sound fine. My preference would be for the dentistry one, but that's probably because I know how to work a DSLR now. Maybe you could do both?

SaraK

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Apr 25, 2008
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Hey Everyone.
Jay

I too would be interested in both. I have a DSLR but I just use the auto setting. I would love to learn more about how to do more with it. I would also be interested in the dentistry inside info too.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.