The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

20 years old guy rolling onto the fastlane

Adam Rehák

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Feb 5, 2018
Shenzhen
Hey everyone, my name is Adam and I come from Slovak Republic. I successfully avoided the very common habit is very popular in my country, go to university near your home and come home every weekend. I ended up in Denmark studying Marketing Management and now I am in my 2'nd year. The school gave me the opportunity to go for an internship and I chose China. Here I started reading the Millionaire Fastlane and I decided to fulfill my desire to be wealthy.

Here comes my point. I have been living a very active life since I went through 7 different sports and there was basically no point in my life where I would not be active. On the other hand, I really struggle with setting and writing down my goals and generally living the lifestyle I want. I do read, I do exercise, I do lots of things but I still have the inner feeling that it is not enough.

If you have any insights how you persuaded yourself to utilize your time to the fullest, please feel free to comment on this thread.
Thank you so much for reading and with a little hope I will tag @MJ DeMarco

Have a great day :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Simon4sch

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 23, 2018
Germany
On the other hand, I really struggle with setting and writing down my goals and generally living the lifestyle I want. I do read, I do exercise, I do lots of things but I still have the inner feeling that it is not enough.

Welcome to the forum Adam!

I also have been struggling with this for quite some time, so heres what I did:

First off you need to remember to be process driven, not event driven, so if you start something and work on it every day you will make progress. Dont worry about if it will be enough, just challenge yourself every time you take a run at it, try to get better and you will max out your potential. Building momentum is a big part of goal accomplishing.

As for setting (writing down) goals it really helps to be specific. If you have a big overall goal, try to break it down into smaller steps which will get you to accomplishing your big task. Be realistic about those smaller steps and ask yourself in what time you can get each one done; write the dates down and then finish them until then. This makes the goal tangible. Also write down the accomplishments you have already made and hang them up where you can see them often, this will keep you motivated.

Along the way visualize yourself accomplishing your goals every day. Sit down in a quiet space for 10 min and try to make your visualisation as real as possible by involving your senses, feelings etc. It will be hard in the beginning, but you will be able to see your goals clearer the more often you do it.

As for reading make it a habit. Read at least for set amount of time (like 1 hour) every day. If you have more time, read more, the 1 Hour in this example is your minimum. Dedicate a specific time and space where you sit down and read and always do it there. As far as making it more comfortable you can cook yourself a cup of tea, I always drink green tea when reading.

I made the experience that working out with a partner is way better than alone. It pushes you more, especially if you both have a competitive spirit and with another persons help you can always squeeze out a couple more reps at the end of your sets. Try to work out with somebody who is either better than you so he can give you tips or somebody who is about the same strength wise so you can make progress together and push even more.

Besides that I have found out that proper nutrition and sleep is very important, try to be as rested as possible every day so you can go after your goals 110%.

All those things will also be easier if (as I already wrote) if you can make them a habit. Do everything in a specific place at a specific time and repeat it day by day. After 21 days (I think this is how long it takes to create a habit) you will do it almost automatically.

Excellence is not a singular act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Last edited:

Adam Rehák

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Feb 5, 2018
Shenzhen
Thank you so much for taking the time writing this I did not expect such a long reply. I deeply appreciate it and I will do so from now on. Actually I am going to write down my goals right now

Simon4sch

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 23, 2018
Germany
Thank you so much for taking the time writing this I did not expect such a long reply. I deeply appreciate it and I will do so from now on. Actually I am going to write down my goals right now

Youre welcome, I hope it helps you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...