The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

12 Week Year - Any Fastlaners using it?

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
So - i just went through the 12 Week Year on my Christmas Eve/Christmas, have made draft 1 of my vision/ 3 year/ and 12 week - wondering if there's anyone else out there that is using/ has used it and your experiences. Currently considering the "Achieve" program, which includes coaching, but I'm always wary of coaching/guru programs. Anybody out there used it?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I like the weekly and 12 week timescales. I use weekly and quarterly (13 week) goals/planning.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
I've been using this:
that's pretty cool - thanks for adding that!

I'll add a photo of my chicken scratch summary of the book when I get home later, but the gist is pretty simple:
  • What is your vision for your life?
  • Where would you like to be in 3 years?
  • If you had to get year 1 done in the next 12 weeks, what would be the 3 most important things to get done in the next 12 weeks?
  • What are the keystone actions you can take daily and weekly, that, with an 85% execution rate, will most likely result in you hitting your 12 week goal.
The point is that reducing the timeline to 12 weeks creates a sense of urgency, and necessarily distills things down to what's actually important, and what concrete things can be done to get there.

It involves weekly planning sessions as well as scoring yourself on how well you executed the granular level actions you set out in the plan.

So - to my next question: I would like to create a group of at least 2 but no more than 4 to do this together. My plan is to start on 12/30 - and I've already started by getting back on my diet, which is one of my goals. This would require a serious commitment as it will require weekly scheduled skype calls of 15-30 minutes with the group.

Because this involves your vision for your life, I'm on the fence about how pubic to make it, but if potential members decided to maybe @Andy Black could move this thread to the INSIDERS section so we could document progress.

Comment below if you're interested.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
2019ED65-5016-457C-84DD-55D904084552.jpeg

This is my cheat sheet for the way the system works in case it’s useful to anyone. Still waiting to hear if there’s anybody out there that wants to do a 2-4 person group per the above :)

Andy777E

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Dec 8, 2018
that's pretty cool - thanks for adding that!

I'll add a photo of my chicken scratch summary of the book when I get home later, but the gist is pretty simple:
  • What is your vision for your life?
  • Where would you like to be in 3 years?
  • If you had to get year 1 done in the next 12 weeks, what would be the 3 most important things to get done in the next 12 weeks?
  • What are the keystone actions you can take daily and weekly, that, with an 85% execution rate, will most likely result in you hitting your 12 week goal.
The point is that reducing the timeline to 12 weeks creates a sense of urgency, and necessarily distills things down to what's actually important, and what concrete things can be done to get there.

It involves weekly planning sessions as well as scoring yourself on how well you executed the granular level actions you set out in the plan.

So - to my next question: I would like to create a group of at least 2 but no more than 4 to do this together. My plan is to start on 12/30 - and I've already started by getting back on my diet, which is one of my goals. This would require a serious commitment as it will require weekly scheduled skype calls of 15-30 minutes with the group.

Because this involves your vision for your life, I'm on the fence about how pubic to make it, but if potential members decided to maybe @Andy Black could move this thread to the INSIDERS section so we could document progress.

Comment below if you're interested.
I have read the book. Your summary is really good! Books becomes repetitive though.
I am willing to commit for 15-30 min weekly call. Please let me know if I need to PM Skype.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
Sorry for the late bump, but my first product, The Phoenix Journal, is solely based around The Twelve Week Year, The Miracle Morning, The Rhythm of Life, and Jordan Peterson's future authoring program.

You can go to https://phoenixplanner.com and sign up for free PDF copies and buy it if you so wish!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.