The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
Favorites Recap (1).png
Hello and welcome to the world of YouTube.
Where internet money is 24/7 ESPECIALLY when it's on the world's 2nd largest search engine.

Vision:
To create 1 YouTube channel that each averages 1 million+ views per week.

Goal:
$100k/mo (combined from AdSense, physical product offers, and authority networks but mainly AdSense)

Inside here I will include:
  • What works for me
  • What doesn't and
  • What I tried
Stats:
0 subscribers
0 minutes and 0 hours worked

Check back in with me on Nov 14th, 2021 for an update... thank you :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Athena_

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Feb 3, 2021
India
Hello and welcome to the world of YouTube.
Where internet money is 24/7 ESPECIALLY when it's on the world's 2nd largest search engine.

Vision:
To create 1 YouTube channel that each averages 1 million+ views per week.

Goal:
$100k/mo (combined from AdSense, physical product offers, and authority networks but mainly AdSense)

Inside here I will include:
  • What works for me
  • What doesn't and
  • What I tried
Stats:
0 subscribers
0 minutes and 0 hours worked

Check back in with me on Nov 14th, 2021 for an update... thank you :)
very excited for this! I'm at 97 subs, and 20.5 hours watch Time! Best of luck to you!

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Just curious, have you ever tried anything like this before, or do you have any idea how you are going to get to those lofty viewing numbers?

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
You’re going to hit those revenue goals a lot faster if you can make your own product or service to offer your audience.

Adsense should be a bonus - build the core of this around an actual business.

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
You’re going to hit those revenue goals a lot faster if you can make your own product or service to offer your audience.

I think it is really hard now a days to make a purely digital product. People seem really tired of paying for just software, but are more willing to spend money when there is a tangible product in front of them.
(I.e netflix is $8.99 a month vs Peleton is $2,500 up front plus $60 a month!)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
What subject matter?

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
454%
Mar 15, 2018
That would be an impressive outcome.

Looking forward to reading updates on successes and failures. This is a lofty goal for YT. As someone with a focus on “old school” businesses, I’m having a hard time grasping the “how” for you.

Good luck. Watching the thread.

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
One tool that can help you get realistic expectations of how much the youtubers you follow are making with Adsense, is SocialBlade.

There's also Youtube Money calculators, its surely not 100% accurate of how much they all make but its good enough to give you an idea how much views are needed per days/months/year to get to certain goals, from Youtube Ad program only calculating with the CPM.

Youtube is here to stay and people from Gaming and many industries are now switching from Twitch to Youtube so its really endless possibilities.
There's a lot to learn about the Algorithm, the catchy picture, the right font to use and all the psychological aspect of how to attract people on your videos.

Like Fox says and you can see it a bit everywhere, content creators are really making most of their money on selling things, whether it is coaching, merch' etc.

Good luck !

Last edited:

Cameraman

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Sep 25, 2021
UK
One tool that can help you get realistic expectations of how much the youtubers you follow are making with Adsense, is SocialBlade.
I agree SocialBlader is helpful in understanding Adsense revenue but don't rely on it too much. Even the top end of their estimate for my channel underestimates the true figure but a 100%-200%.

I would also recommend researching possible video topics using TubeBuddy. I've used it for a few years to research possible topics before going to the effort of making a video.

It will be interesting to watch the progress of this thread.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
I agree SocialBlader is helpful in understanding Adsense revenue but don't rely on it too much. Even the top end of their estimate for my channel underestimates the true figure but a 100%-200%.

I would also recommend researching possible video topics using TubeBuddy. I've used it for a few years to research possible topics before going to the effort of making a video.

It will be interesting to watch the progress of this thread.
Depends on cpm.

I do investment related theme that has 10-15 dollar of cpm and YT is paying me slightly. Higher than the upper bound projection of social blade.

Cameraman

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Sep 25, 2021
UK
Depends and cpm.

I do investment related theme that has 10-15 dollar of cpm and YT is paying me slightly. Higher than the upper bound projection of social blade.
It does, you're right. I suspect my videos are targeted by software companies advertising their new products. I always have a spike in income when something new launches.

Knugs

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jan 10, 2016
conservative 5 USD per 1000 views
Target 100,000/month
5 USD 20,000,000 views per month (assuming no adblockers)
10 USD 10,000,000

I guess its possible.

Beebop27

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jun 22, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Target 100,000/month
10 USD 10,000,000

I guess its possible.
Was about to ask what the breakdown for this goal would look like.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
QcX8rnw.gif

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Good luck, though, I think it would be better to make $10k/month and have control than $100k/month and have no control.

"Hello, OP, yes, its Youtube, sorry but we've had to let you go. Yeah, your niche is no longer wanted on our platform, we recently updated our policies and we've found your channel to be in violation - sowweee about that. Buh bye,

XoXo Youtube Monkey."

ConsciousViewer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Sep 28, 2021
Good luck, though, I think it would be better to make $10k/month and have control than $100k/month and have no control.

"Hello, OP, yes, its Youtube, sorry but we've had to let you go. Yeah, your niche is no longer wanted on our platform, we recently updated our policies and we've found your channel to be in violation - sowweee about that. Buh bye,

XoXo Youtube Monkey."
"sowweee about that" ...I am crying

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France

XoXo Youtube Monkey."
I would'nt be worried about this, Youtube is here to stay. But its more about 1) DMCA Regulations 2) Very limited language / vocabulary to be used safely and so if you slip 2/3 times you get striked and or can be banned. If you're an educationnal channel thats ok, if you're in the gaming or entertaining then there's a risk.

Otherwise many makes a lot of money and can be used to get financial freedom although not safe to depend on it.

Last edited:

Phikey

Fortune favours the bold.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Nov 7, 2017
Sydney Australia

XoXo Youtube Monkey."
Agree 100% on the control thing. As someone that’s built a channel that generates significant revenue for my business, we’re now exploring other profitable traffic sources. It’s never a good idea to have your eggs in one basket. So many companies have gone under because they relied on just SEO and then had an algorithm change, or organic traffic from facebook pages.

Target 100,000/month
10 USD 10,000,000

I guess its possible.
From Youtube Ad revenue? This is quite bullish. I’m in a very high CPM niche with $0.019 per view on average. (So $1.90 per 1000 views).
The real money from Youtube is from selling outside of the platform. Think courses, affiliates, products and services. Youtube is incredible for adding value and building trust. Leveraging the Youtube algorithm is also key. Someone watches one of my quick tutorial videos and Youtube then proceeds to blast them with all my other content because they know that the viewer fits my buyer persona and will binge my other videos. By the time the viewer comes to my site to engage my business, they’ve often watched hours of my content, built immense trust, and very little ‘sales’ is required from then on. They know we can deliver and are more interested in what the product actually is and the pricing.

spreng

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jul 1, 2019
Agree 100% on the control thing. As someone that’s built a channel that generates significant revenue for my business, we’re now exploring other profitable traffic sources. It’s never a good idea to have your eggs in one basket. So many companies have gone under because they relied on just SEO and then had an algorithm change, or organic traffic from facebook pages.

From Youtube Ad revenue? This is quite bullish. I’m in a very high CPM niche with $0.019 per view on average. (So $1.90 per 1000 views).
The real money from Youtube is from selling outside of the platform. Think courses, affiliates, products and services. Youtube is incredible for adding value and building trust. Leveraging the Youtube algorithm is also key. Someone watches one of my quick tutorial videos and Youtube then proceeds to blast them with all my other content because they know that the viewer fits my buyer persona and will binge my other videos. By the time the viewer comes to my site to engage my business, they’ve often watched hours of my content, built immense trust, and very little ‘sales’ is required from then on. They know we can deliver and are more interested in what the product actually is and the pricing.
Your CPM seems off... Are your viewers in US?

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
1.90 cpm is definitely low.

Cameraman

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Sep 25, 2021
UK
I think you put the decimal point in the wrong place. I make that a $19 CPM ($0.019 x 1000) which is much more in line with mine (£17).

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo

Spot on. Most of the money is made outside the platform. Same with Instagram. People think that when you have 500k or 1 million followers you suddenly start to make millions of dollars. You obviously get approached a lot more by potential brands. But still, Instagram and YouTube are there just for traffic. You got to convert that traffic into customers somehow, otherwise you're going to make little money(or nothing at all).

Just think about the early adopters of YouTube. A name that comes to me quickly is Logan Paul. Even though I don't really like him personally, you still got to admit that this guy has talent for what he does. He went from Vine to YouTube and made a name out of himself. Just like his brother Jake.

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
Favorites Recap (1).png
Until there is actual data to report I won't be adding any comments to this thread.

Right now I have two employees hired from onlinejobs (Philippines) to script and produce parts of each video.

I am paying about $21 - $22 per video.

Once at least 20 videos are ready to go will I begin uploading these videos (1 a day every single day - VERY crucial to this process).

From there I will share the data with you all and how I am going about getting initial views on a brand new channel.

$100,000 a month is still the goal in action.

See y'all till when videos begin to be uploaded. (a simple profit and loss too)

Just curious, have you ever tried anything like this before, or do you have any idea how you are going to get to those lofty viewing numbers?
Haven't aimed for something like this before. I have some experience in gaming algorithms and have been around the internet block and YT since a young age.

Yes quite a lofty goal for 1 channel and quite unsafe actually.

Instead this will be split across 5 - 10 channels.

Adsense is the initial goal.

There are channels clearing $40,000/m individually with some very simple content that's entirely outsourced and then replicating them 5x over. (duplicating the channels)

I am treating this as a content property that gets traffic so other people can pay me to advertise inside my digital property.

What subject matter?
This first channel is inside the movie industry.

I am capitalizing on what already is a massive source of organic traffic on the platform.

XoXo Youtube Monkey."

10K over 10 channels is much better in the realm of safety. Which is the new plan.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Can you post a sample video? Thank you kindly.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
How is progress? :)

He hasn't been to the forum since the beginning of the year. Usually these types of threads die on the vine as reality hits that DOING is much harder than actually just POSTING. Of course, I'd love to be wrong and hear that what was posted, was exactly what happened. Such proclamations are very similar to the "Watch me make $10K a month trading Forex and crypto!" threads. Notice how all those threads/updates dried up as the crypto bullishness disappeared.

As they say, everyone is a genius in a bull market.

Cameraman

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Sep 25, 2021
UK
It's quite sad that people need to shout about what they are going to do, just to get themselves noticed. Then they don't follow through with any action. I was looking forward to seeing what someone new to YouTube could achieve.

Just take action. Do something.
It doesn't matter if you fail to hit your goal. You move forward, you learn, and you improve. Inch your way forward towards success and one day progress will accelerate.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.