• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Influence, The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it and let's discuss!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion(Review | Discuss)

GOLD! 100 Unsexy Business Ideas: Name as many as you can!

Discussion in 'Business Models, Niches, Industries' started by JohnnyAppleseed, Apr 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. GoGetter24

GoGetter24 Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,723
    I love stories like this. He's lucky to have an understanding dad. Had he been born under a more stoneheaded man, he might have been forced to perform better at school, set aside his 'hobby', had his ego crushed and his life destroyed, while his father spent the rest of his life blaming it all on him 'not getting stuck in at school'.

If only more parents and teachers would observe children, rather than just try to hammer them into the arbitrary shape they've decided on at whim. Or been told is the best shape, handed down to them, like a hazing ritual. Less lives would be destroyed or pissed to the wind.
    Do it

2. AnAverageJoe

AnAverageJoe remember that you will die Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,887
    Pet Boarding/ Doggie Daycare?

ericaung, 12B745, Chitown and 5 others like this.
  3. Xavier X

Xavier X Silver Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,734
    I don't know where you live, but if your actual location is Colorado, then that makes your post even less believable.

Colorado demographics:
    The entire black population there is 4%. Well below the national average.
    Except every black person in Colorado is a Government Contractor, I don't see how blacks can be statistically responsible for your problems in this field. Even if blacks are offered a perk, the numerical significance still won't be enough of a roadblock for others.

It's easier to deflect blame and failures onto external elements than to introspectively analyze them.

The "I scored an A on the test" vs "The Professor gave me an F" syndrome.

4. ProblemOd

ProblemOd Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,604
    I have a theory:

The coming generation has a complete lack of practical life skills + a growing impatience due to instant gratification (especially those growing up in big cities). I know this because this is me.

Anything that fits into these 2 areas, or even both, is worth taking a look at.

Provide these with fast completion & great customer service (even better with late/odd hours):

Any and all apartment repairs/remodeling/painting/cleaning
    Small auto work/cleaning/etc
    Equipment rentals (camping,snowboarding,etc...)
    and a whole bunch more.

5. Get Right

Get Right Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $36,141
  6. Kak

Kak Capitalist Swine Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $26,630

Agreed. But any racial preference is still racist bullshit.

This contract talk misses the point entirely. If you are bidding on RFPs you have already lost. Find an unmet need, donate some of your time to sit down and benevolently talk through the issues at hand and penetrate the bureaucracy. Talk about nepotism. You’re the recipient at that point.

2 of my business I sell products to government with a .org email address and I make the entire business sound like a worthy cause. We are just the guys trying to help.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  7. Shepherd

Shepherd Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,481
    Thank you for your kind words. I'm certainly not a perfect father and my son and I still butt heads on occasion. However, I do recognize how inspiring it feels to be COMPETENT and to recognize and develop those areas. His competencies and mine are in different areas and I had to learn that.

8. Kak

Kak Capitalist Swine Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $26,630
    Not true. Give them 51% of a random shell Corp just for that opportunity. You can keep contractual control which means you control distributions and the proportionality therein. Sling them a couple grand per month to have their name on the paper work. There are ways around everything. ;)

9. Xavier X

Rep Bank:
    $3,734
    Any racial preference might be rightfully bullshit.
    However, the point conveyed is that the chances of it being the reason HE didn't penetrate is highly unlikely.

MooreMillions and Kak like this.
  10. Real Deal Denver

Real Deal Denver Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,928
    Hmmmm. Another expert telling me what I did.

For what it's worth, this wasn't Colorado - it was Minnesota. But, I'm going to guess that the black population is even less there.

Does it matter? Mr. Statistician? Just because you pull some data out of somewhere, does that dictate results? No, it doesn't. Too many college courses can fill your tiny brain with data and prevent you from thinking clearly.

Or, not at all.

There is no syndrome here - another too many college courses dogma affecting your thinking, I'm afraid.

After EVERY bid, I obtained the results, and analyzed why I did not get the bid, OR what the profit spread was, in case I could have bid more.

Life lesson there for you. You're welcome.

Late Bloomer and HelpAndProsper like this.
  11. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $396,876
    Admin Post
    I think I remember Mike Rowe on Dirty Jobs interviewing someone who cleaned up crime scenes. He was doing quite well.

Thread marked NOTABLE.

That doesn't really fit -- that's a "follow your passion" and "do what you love" business so it's going to be jammed packed with passionites.

12. Xavier X

Rep Bank:
    $3,734
    Great! Since you you did due diligence and analyzed why you didn't get it, what part made you certain the blacks took it from you?

Did the results indicate who got it?

If you can confidently say each result showed a black person got it, not by way of presenting the best bid, but the "preference points," then I'll acknowledge I was wrong.

More importantly, this is a nice thread, and it would be unwise for us to derail it with nonsense.

Primeperiwinkle likes this.
  13. Real Deal Denver

Real Deal Denver Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,928
    You really have a problem accepting the fact that someone might be as smart as you.

Where did you get that from?

Of COURSE I inspected, and verified, every part of the bid. Do you think I'm not capable of investigating a BID? Do you think everyone is only capable of stocking shelves at Wal-Mart - except you? You, the wizard of data mining, so whatever anyone else says, you're going to track down the truth, and let the world know the way things REALLY happened? How do you know so much? Especially about something you don't have any details about at all?

If your inflated ego allows you to come on a thread, and say what happened about an event you know nothing about, and call someone you know nothing about a liar - then, you have some pretty serious issues. But I don't have time for that - that's your circus - you deal with it. I just know I wouldn't call this a "nice" thread at all. Now take that pill and swallow it, and maybe take about 7 steps back the next time you feel like spouting off...

You don't have to acknowledge you're wrong - because you don't MATTER. I'm not responding here for your benefit - I'm doing it for other readers. Get over yourself.

ChrisR and GoGetter24 like this.
  14. Xavier X

Rep Bank:
    $3,734
    Notice how you never stated the findings of your "investigation," as it relates to your claim?

Anyway, if you're of the opinion this thread isn't a nice one, then I'm not even sure what to tell you.
    Then again, "nice" is subjective, so your perspective is your prerogative.

Enjoy the rest of your business pursuits and life, Agent Smith.

15. Kak

Rep Bank:
    $26,630
    Exactly why I said: Agreed but.

Some of the more liberal states like Minnesota, as he said he was from. I could imagine the lure of pulling a rabbit out of a hat to hide the fact that I’m a white capitalist straight man with no disabilities and feel no guilt whatsoever.

You both have a good point. The law as is, is racist against white men. Is it an excuse? Nah, just figure it out. There will always be something you have to figure out. I’m in business to get rich; not to fail a few times and bitch about unfairness.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  16. minivanman

minivanman Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $14,113
    LMAO I actually missed this post. The guy I hooked up with my buddy Mike is a black vet and that is how we get the contracts. Not that he is black, but being a vet. I was brought up that every person on earth should be treated equal so him being black didn't cross my mind when I typed my original post.

On another note, I also team up with this lady. She buys things with my money, all types of things, and then she sells them and we split the profit. This morning about 8:30am she bought a storage unit full of tools and tool boxes for $400. At 11am she sold it all for $850 AND the buyer had to pick it up (he did at 6pm tonight). I have no idea why she doesn't just save up like $1000 and do it all herself and cut me out. We've been doing this for like 5 years now. She calls and tells me what she wants to buy and how much and I give her the money then she brings me back more money, usually within 48 hours. Works great for me. lol

17. Real Deal Denver

Rep Bank:
    $8,928
    You have a reading comprehension issue, as I stated the results. It was not an "investigation" it was collecting and analyzing bids. Not too difficult, but I see that you view everything as being difficult.

You throw up some statistics and proclaim that I'm either a liar or an idiot. And you wonder why that is not viewed as nice? And you're not even sure what to tell me. Figures. I'm not surprised in the least.

Subjective, perspective, and prerogative. Those are all pretty big words. You must be a college grad. I'm betting instructor, the way you talk and the way you elevate yourself, however subtly, in how you express yourself. Get over yourself.

Enjoy the rest of your business pursuits. Yep, college instructor speak if I've ever heard it. If you're not an instructor of some kind, you have taken too many classes and your brain has become indoctrinated to actually believing you are an expert. You may be, who knows. I do know, however, that you don't know anything whatsoever about what you felt the pressing need to research in detail, and then spout off about.

Not one shred of humbleness in your post. You are so full of yourself, it's almost beyond comprehension to the average person. I have some exposure to your kind, so I'm not as shocked as others may be, as I have had a few instructors (college and otherwise) that reeked of your unfounded and unsubstantiated elitist attitude.

What do you think people say behind your back? What do you think they think of you? What would YOU think of someone that projects themselves as some kind of authority, out of the blue, on a topic they know nothing about. Yeah, me too.

Sloba, ChrisR and GoGetter24 like this.
  18. Real Deal Denver

Rep Bank:
    $8,928
    There is no failure here. I stated facts, and how those facts affected the outcome of bids. I "figured it out" as you say...

I'm not sure what a white capitalist straight man with no disabilities is - but if I'm that, I apologize - I guess. Somehow I guess I'm to blame for a rigged system - allll righty then. Sorry to be in business - sorry not to be black - sorry to be a racist pig - sorry I was born. Need we go further?

And there's no bitching about fairness. You want to know how to play the game. Fine. So do I. I learned how, and I stated how that is done. You have trouble accepting facts at face value don't you? Maybe, if you can explain that, it will expand your ability to understand things a whole lot more...

19. Real Deal Denver

Rep Bank:
    $8,928
    Great post, as usual.

I will mention to look at all the "qualifiers" in bids. If your buddy has a partial disability of some kind, that could also add to his preferences in his profile, giving him more of an advantage.

The devil is in the details.

In relation to your lady friend buying things, I had a friend that was given $500 spiffs for getting leads in real estate. He made huge money.

I hated to pop his bubble, but the day I told him that he could have been making ALL the money, I could see him turn a bit pale. He was so happy getting his manila envelope with cash, he never looked beyond that. Your lady friend is happy too, with her cut. Some people are easy to please - God bless em.

Elbert Dockery likes this.
  20. Kak

Rep Bank:
    $26,630
    Hey dumb a$$... I was describing myself. I am a white, capitalist, straight man with no disabilities.

What you gave us all to go on was talking about how many bids you lost. I’m glad you did figure it out. Son of a bitch man, take a Xanax.

21. Real Deal Denver

Rep Bank:
    $8,928
    Sorry.

I still have NO idea of what the portion of your post above means.

But, I do feel better now, knowing I don't have to apologize for being white, or being born, anymore.

The day's looking UP!

JohnnyAppleseed likes this.
  22. Kak

Rep Bank:
    $26,630
    Referring to a previous post in which I would give some “minority” individual 51% of a shell corp that encompassed the opportunity I was bidding. In order for them to get ANYTHING I would require contractual control of 100 percent of the company. In which case I would issue myself back 50 percent of the company in phantom stock. Therefore 99% of the distributions go to me and partners that actually did something and I pay my self inflicted 1% tax for being a straight, white, capitalist, able bodied “pig” that I am. (Please see the sarcasm before you have an aneurysm.)

Voila, a minority owned company that I own.

Sheps, Storm24, Kingmaker and 9 others like this.
  23. AnAverageJoe

AnAverageJoe remember that you will die Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,887
    Just thought of a new unsexy business: Forum thread clean up. :rofl:

24. Kak

Rep Bank:
    $26,630
    ATV/Golf Cart dealership.

Some idiots literally pay more money for them than some pay for their real cars.

25. AnAverageJoe

Rep Bank:
    $1,887
    I can vouch for this. I live in a neighborhood full of those idiots. Most of them only use their golf cart to drive to the mailbox.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.