The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • Self-Promotion Saturday Now Live!

Have something to sell? Want to promote your design service or a YouTube channel? SELL-ME SATURDAY is your opportunity to self-promote anything within the sphere of entrepreneurship on one thread... and at no cost. Go There
    Note: Indiscriminate SEO backlinking to questionable material is not allowed.
  • Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The C.E.N.T.S Framework outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED®). From multimillionaires to digital nomads to side hustlers who are grinding a job, the Fastlane Forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses with one goal in mind: Freedom— both financial and temporal.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

100 days of 100 blocks challenge

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

andyhaus44

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 17, 2017
St. Charles, MO
Hi Fastlaners,

Thanks to Lex Deville, I came across whybutwait.com and found this great article: https://waitbutwhy.com/2016/10/100-blocks-day.html

and it basically explains how we all get 100 10 hour blocks every day (if we get around 7 hours of sleep). This concept put my habits into perspective and made me really think how I've been spending my time. Here is a great website you can use to start tracking your 10 minute blocks - 144blocks | Track your day in 10-minute intervals of time but if you're like me and prefer pen and paper, I made and printed out an excel spreadsheet and will share it with you. If you're interested, just send me a message.

Gary Ryan Blair, also known as The Goals Guy, has said that you ought to give yourself 100 days to form a new habit, and if you can develop 4 new success habits a year (1 every 3 months), then you're doing great.

Side-note: For those of you who like Grant Cardone, he recommends you schedule your day into 15 minute blocks, but 10 minutes is just as good. #10X

Have any of you ever tracked your time with the 10 minute block system before?

If not, would anyone be up for challenging themselves to track their 100 daily blocks for 100 days?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

MaxKhalus

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
The one thing I used the 10minute track was when working in a project. It was effective for different reasons:
- It's not the same working 100min straight than working 10x10min(straight too, doesn't matter).
I noticed than your productivity depends on how much time you have. It may sound stupid but, if you have a 9month deadline to read book, then you'll probably complete it at 9th. If you had only 10 minutes to read the same book, maybe you would, maybe not, but your productivity is clearly higher.

What do you think that happened? When working, I was doing my best in the first and last minutes of that interval of 100min. But using 10 intervals of 10min actually helps you because there's almost no temporal gap between the beggining and the end. The less time, the more productivity.

And it was fully commited work because every 10 minutes I could decide whether keep working or not. After all, 10 minutes was nothing for me. Deadlines are pretty tricky.

But I never though about tracking every interval of 10min of my day. That could be even more productive. I guess I'll give it a try!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I've just concluded my program with Kyle. The incubator gave me what I wanted. Now, working on a...
MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Thanks for the detailed response. I see it similar, in the beginning, you have only a small...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
The day I can afford to pay 800 a month to have someone keep me accountable is the day I've won...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom