The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

1 year later - now what ...?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

CEBenz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Apr 16, 2011
Tacoma, Wa
So, I'm curious. The landing page like the infusionsoft one mentioned above, would this be flagged by any of the ad services like adwords, facebook ads, etc.? I'm already banned from Google's adwords and would like to not repeat the experience with any others. Though I think I now know a way around it after some reading here today.

D

DeletedUser2

So, I'm curious. The landing page like the infusionsoft one mentioned above, would this be flagged by any of the ad services like adwords, facebook ads, etc.? I'm already banned from Google's adwords and would like to not repeat the experience with any others. Though I think I now know a way around it after some reading here today.

there are so many places to buy so much traffic its not even funny.

and its not google.

so your good.

Z

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012

Here you go... check out site scout....

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/we...-media-buying-resource-thread.html#post251532

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

CEBenz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Apr 16, 2011
Tacoma, Wa

infinitus

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Sep 22, 2012
Perth Western Australia
What has helped me greatly has been working on my mindset, using sleep programming and self hypnosis recorded tracks. It keeps my motivation levels high, and i have subliminal images and audio playing all day. MJ's book, Wealth dynamics and mindset plus devouring everthing in my wealth profile category has turned me into a motivated beast :)

AntiGuru

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 17, 2013
Canada
Great post. Brings two mind two secret weapons in my arsenal:

Now the question is are you willing enough to go through that pain and become a winner or you are still going to find excuses and give up?

Steve Siebold: 177 Mental Toughness Secrets (or even better, the 12 CD Mental Toughness University series)

PS: program your mind everyday with great people ( at least for 1-2 hours a day morning and before sleep and try to feel and believe it in you) you'll slowly see changes and feel more powerful about thing you can achieve.

Psycho Cybernetics by Dr Maxwell Maltz. You know how sometimes you engage in daydreaming like "if I could go back and change one thing?" type deal? Well I wish I'd simply read this book when I was a kid instead of in my mid-40's. But oh well. It happens when it happens.

RobynM

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Jan 11, 2012
UK
So basically I got lucky at some point to meet a person in here which is basically 99% of my success today because he has helped me mentally a lot and he has guided me.

He introduced me to PAID traffic ...

@zen*******

just a quick question if that's OK? Was there any websites/books etc in particular that you directed Laverdure to read on the topics of both mindset and paid traffic?

thanks for your time

Arrabista

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Jul 22, 2012
United Arab Emirates
Steve Siebold: 177 Mental Toughness Secrets (or even better, the 12 CD Mental Toughness University series)

Anti guru thanks for the info on this ..I am not familiar with this writer ..by the way i gotta tell you I LOVE your avatar.. Mr Eisenberg! one of my favourite characters from one of my favourite all time tv shows.....:cool:

Carny

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Mar 20, 2013
I may just be slow, but to be clear, you found traffic and created a banner ad to direct them to a site that someone else already has set up? Do you also create the landing pages, or the banners only?

RobynM

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Jan 11, 2012
UK
I may just be slow, but to be clear, you found traffic and created a banner ad to direct them to a site that someone else already has set up? Do you also create the landing pages, or the banners only?

Hi Carny

Laverdure mentions this here ...

I start promoting something for that demo with banners .. once they click on my banners I send them to my landing page which is a page that will give more info and try to sell them and make them take action to the offer page which is a cpa network offer.

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
This really is the best advice for anyone, i wish i learned this the day i went into business. If there
is no demand, geez that's tough. You see what Zend did with the facebook pic thing... imagine if you spent $X,XXX to build it then it failed... he literally can run 15 projects like that in 1 week and one will work much better than all of them, then its a clear sign and he doesn't have to fight with himself and prove his bad ideas should work.

In short, you are just trying to get a sale as fast as possible. Rather than media buying and being committed to $150 at once and so fourth, you can make 3 different banners and run them on google display network (banners that are distributed throughout
tons of websites---including this one---) You need money and will blow a good amount but a quick way to figure out where to start.

image.png

image.png

If your offer is toward businesses start here, try
to refine it as much as possible so your displaying
in relevant places ONLY just because its "business"
and your offer is toward businesses does not mean it
will work, very important. Different phases of businesses
startups, existing, growth... why would you put
an incorporation website infront of businesses that
are browsing websites in which the stats clearly tell
you its users have been incorporated for 10+ years?

image.png

Once you get a sale or a few from one source... you
can then go back to the display network and say
i want my ads to show on sites relevant to this one,
for this example i used fastlaneforum.

So fastlaneforum banner brought you the most sales..now go
and put your banner on similar sites to this one. First thing
buy banners directly from here obviously because this one
was working.

Once you find what sites are working.. it makes sense
to go to them directly and buy banner space as the OP
has stated. This is a more expensive way to start but less of a
learning curve/down time.

Sounds easy, cut and dry but its not. In the beginning i along with many
have gotten clicks, just no leads. From my experience, the
most important factor is having a product the "crowd" as
zend says is dying for otherwise you will get the clicks,
just not the leads/sales.

Why is this so important?

Well if you can be profitable making small margins selling someone elses stuff... then its time to make your own products and make $$ big margins, plus you've learned an invaluable skill which is probably the most important skill you can learn. How to kill bad ideas fast, find opportunities anywhere, make money anywhere...and all from scratch.

Want to see me get real scrappy?

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/general-entrepreneurship-startup/45646-what-would-you-pay.html#post273527

See this thread i posted... after 20 responses, i can promote the most popular answer(product) on this website through buying banner space, guess where... HERE. if it works then ill go on the display network and market it on relevant websites.

This is all Zend stuff ive read over time btw. It doesnt take a genius to figure out, but its pretty smart stuff.
Ask a forum what they want... then sell it here. Patrick P on this forum is a millionaire from doing that with protein supplements BTW, everyone said i want this, i want this... so he made "this" and it out sold right away... later on a manufacturer ended up picking him up over time from him selling on the forum.

Attachments

• 2013-03-20_dd.png
    2013-03-20_dd.png
    571.6 KB · Views: 691

Beccablack

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Mar 27, 2013
Sunny Florida
As a great business man once told me "there are 2 things in life you will never regret spending money on: your dreams and travel". Your story fits this to a T! Congratulations!

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
I didn't see this thread until just now but it looks like zen******* and theBiz beat me to explaining the gist of the affiliate marketing model here.

I can add that for those who want to really learn more about this stuff, go check out forums like IMGrind (paid but supposedly really good), or Wickedfire (started in 2006 and is the #1 affiliate forum out there. Most CPA network owners hang out there as well). Avoid forums like Digitalpoint and Warriorforum at all costs, lol.

To the OP; I posted in the other thread already, but wanted to say congrats to your success. It sure is fun when the money starts rolling in. ;)

Laverdure

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 18, 2012
sorry for not being very responsive I had been away of computer for a few days!

Laverdure

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 18, 2012
I don't wanna sound rude but what it's going to change knowing it ? nothing .. ask me real or more specific question ..

PS: both -.-

tothetop

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Mar 24, 2013
I don't wanna sound rude but what it's going to change knowing it ? nothing .. ask me real or more specific question ..

PS: both -.-

They are 2 different methods, its only logical that we want to know what way you went about doing it if we are interested in your success. I'd say that was a real question.

Laverdure

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 18, 2012
yeah but either I used direct buy or self serve .. it don't change anything at all for people to know ..?

The main goal is not to either buy direct or buy from a self serve ... both will be working if you find a hot market and present the right message in front of them.

swinston

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 30, 2013
You say you were not making money for 8 months, what were some of the mistakes you were making and what kind of tweaks did you make to become profitable? Also, did you start with direct buys when you started to make money or did you start with network buys?

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
You say you were not making money for 8 months, what were some of the mistakes you were making and what kind of tweaks did you make to become profitable? Also, did you start with direct buys when you started to make money or did you start with network buys?

Stop looking for shortcuts..... just take the process if you want to learn then if you keep failing at 1 task ask a specific question related to that problem.

He probably did network first as its much easier, and then once he found a profitable campaign he would cut out the middle man and go directly to the source.

Laverdure

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 18, 2012
.. it's pretty much like 100k said ..

stop looking around for better solution to justify why you haven't been successful yet or even just to feel good.

do what you have to do and you'll get there.

start then change what is wrong and then keep improving .. on the process road you'll see your mistake and you'll just correct them ... even if it look like you'll be where you want to be ... you'll once you just do it and keep doing it until you get to it.

swinston

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 30, 2013
You asked that other guy to ask specific questions but you don't seem to want to answer any questions at all. interesting.

ZDS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 2, 2008
When he says specific questions, he's probably referring to things like. If I have X banner doing this and I'm not getting conversions, how do you think I can increase my click through rate?

Asking someone what kind of tweaks they made to become profitable is incredibly general and hard to answer... because it was a probably million different tweaks of the course of months.

Laverdure

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 18, 2012
When he says specific questions, he's probably referring to things like. If I have X banner doing this and I'm not getting conversions, how do you think I can increase my click through rate?

Asking someone what kind of tweaks they made to become profitable is incredibly general and hard to answer... because it was a probably million different tweaks of the course of months.

asking me question such as .. did you go self serve or direct buy ... what is it going to change to your situation ? nothing ..

Ask better question and get better answer.

( Z. ) lol ;)

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
You asked that other guy to ask specific questions but you don't seem to want to answer any questions at all. interesting.

recommended reading
How to Win Friends & Influence People: Dale Carnegie: 9780671027032: Amazon.com: Books

This formula thrives on a specific formula. Start by an introduction. Read for a while. Give. Contribute. THEN you will find people receptive to engage you.

You have three posts. All three are edgy. You're not going to get any of the responses you seek using the methods you are using.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.