The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

1 year later - now what ...?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Well some things are easier in the US IMO. For example you have an enormous single market for ecommerce. Of course the European market is roughly the same size but we don't have a single language here. Makes a big difference in marketing.

S

stranger

I love how you have already figured it all out. great let us know how that goes for you. when you move here.
Do you invite me in the USA? hehehe.

I'll never move to the US, it impossible for me. Just know how the US's investors left my damn country earned no one penny. I also know some people who left my country and moved to the USA. They have run their own business for 5-12 years. No one of them is gonna back to here.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
In fact.
I had money when I started
$2.13 in my bank account. in 1995. it was a low point, and a turning point.

thats when I decided I had to do something different

:)

I think the coolest thing I've learned here is that money is not your biggest obstacle. Z bought his first apartment complex (yeah the whole effing thing) with NO MONEY and a $10/hr job (the apartment owner financed it). MJ DeMarco started his Limos.com business off of credit cards. Randall (who just did his INSIDERS's call a few hours ago) financed his inventory with money from sales because he had no money to spend.

You could be deep in debt and still make it work. Money, as I've learned, is no excuse. I wish I had learned it sooner, maybe I'd be further on my road.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Laverdure

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 18, 2012
Laverdure,
1. How much money did you ivest into your business before you started getting income?
2. How many products did you promote?
3. Were those digital or physical products?
4. Did you know a person who shew you the right directionin in this business?
My respect + speed to you - really, no many guys are ready to risk with their hard earned money to jump in same venture.

#1 I lost maybe 3k to learn and then I started being profitable
#2 1 product
#3 membership site
#4 I just took action on what people told me to do

so go start and stop trying to figure things out.

Laverdure

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 18, 2012
Chris Left my office today.

He stopped by for a few days since he was traveling in the states, and decided to come visit.

I really enjoyed him him in the office, and had a great time hanging with that dude.

Guys, if you get a chance, this guy is another up and coming fast-laner in a BIG way.
Pay attention to this one.... the force is strong... :)

Chris, dude, thanks for the pen, Thanks for stopping by, and next time, we will make it up the tram. :

Z

heeey

thanks to you for the office, your time and the restaurant :D ... also no prob for the pen and yeah hopefully next time we'll make it to the tram hahaha

Laverdure

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 18, 2012
Seems Chris doesn't have any time to answer on the questions in his own topic.
What that i've understood no one of fastlaners started from ZERO. All they had money for starting.

I first started with $25 a week and went up to $150 max a week I could use for my biz .. you don't need money to start ... learn some stuff go do some freelancer stuff earn money reinvest it in yourself ... some might have it easier than other since they have more money but don't use it as an excuse and don't comapre yourself with others you are where you are and you are going to go where you want to go.

Laverdure

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 18, 2012
Ok, I'll be back to this forum with my own successful story. And I'll answer on every question if someone asks me for.

Uhhh, it would be easy enough to become a fastlaner for me in the USA.

Good luck to all.

stop having excuses ... even if you have - (minus) 3k in your bank it doesn't mean shit and we can all see that you have a poor mindset so invest in it and watch anthony robbins or similar people video from youtube .. then once you'll start believing you can do something with yourself start doing it even if you earn $10 a day ... then keep it use it again and reivnest in you and at some point you'll be making $50 a day then improve again and learn more .. I can understand it's harder for you if you have nothing but start somewhere (maybe at a lower level than me financialy ..) but you'll get to where I started and then you'll get to where I was after a few months if you do something instead of finding excuses.

Laverdure

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 18, 2012
I didn't say it's easy for everybody; I said it'd be easy for me. It's so easy to sell anything to americans. I make sales without a bank account, a company, and my English is bad. But most of my packages I ship to the USA.
Sorry, but most of americans like working HARD and not SMART.
Oh, yes, just print some business cards and then spread them for a little fee. They will go well because they aren't FREE. Hahaha.

instead of writing stupid things like this here why don't you write ADS to sell things to america people ... it's so easy.

S

stranger

#2 1 product
#3 membership site
#4 I just took action on what people told me to do

so go start and stop trying to figure things out.

Thank you for your answers mate and good luck.

S

stranger

instead of writing stupid things like this here why don't you write ADS to sell things to america people ... it's so easy.

I've been sellings things to american folks for 4-5 years. But i cannot call my sales a fastlane business. It's why i'm looking for a new business.

NaPal

Done > Perfect
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Apr 16, 2012
USA
great story. I'm definitely going to be looking into this.

atomicfox

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 4, 2013
Hey Laverdure, That was a really informative and well thought out post. I feel immensely inspired by you. What niches did you find particularly lucrative and which ones did you find not to be that affective?

therebel

Banned
Apr 20, 2013
Did u have a product? or were you just profiting from ad revenue?

edit: I see you had a click bank product, cool stuff.

TrendSettersInc

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Jul 26, 2012
Southeast Michigan
Sweet Info, Is Paid Traffic Very Beneficial If You Have A Ecommerce Site. I Own A Clothing Site and Im Wondering If The Paid Traffic Is Going To Be Specific To My Consumer/Demographic?

ricktx

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Jun 27, 2013
Texas, USA
I will start with a free host at zymic.com. Can anyone direct me to a free guide to building a good looking site? I am a begiiner in this. Need some directions pls.

Thanks.

Use word press and build on to the web site basics that provides. Themes for just about any type of site exist. Even if you have pay a few dollars it will be nothing compared to a programmer.

Primus

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Oct 17, 2012
Thank you Laverdure for sharing your knowledge.

Loading speed of your landing page is very important, right? Are Wordpress landers significantly slower than raw html & css landers?

MyDuckets

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Oct 12, 2012
Dallas
#2 1 product
#3 membership site

1. Do I read this right that you stuck to 1 offer for 8 months before becoming profitable?

2. What factors lead you to believe the offer was still valid and could be profitable?

3. At what point would you abandon an offer?

4. Did you get recurring payments from the membership site?

notyet

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 26, 2016
Hey guys,

it's been a while I have written something on that forum... but I have a little story that start around that forum.

1 year ago or so I joined this forum after buying MJ's book that I found on youtube. I was 20, I had dropped college because I didn't feel like a college or university degree would help my entrepreneurship journey, actually it would kill it
since I would leave school with something where I can start to work with right away in a company. And then I would start
making more money than my ex job and I would start spending some and get in debt slowly and finaly owe time for debt and I would have been stuck in that position for a long long time.

So 20 years of age I was and still living in my mom's house I only had a car and a cellphone to pay but I never told anybody that I was living check per check .. which mean if any bad luck would happen I would be in pretty deep shit...
My small credit card limits (1500) was full I could only pay the minimum each month my cellphone was $75 a month
my car (which was a F*cking stupid move, I bought it when I was in construction but after 3 months I realize I wanted to be an entrepreneur also and I dropped the job) the car with gaz insurance and payment was about 1050 a month and I was working in a bank for 25-30 hours a week because the salary was higher than a normal job. so basically I was making only 1300 with this job each month. (if you calculate after my payment I have like nothing left to enjoy myself..) I had lost my girlfriend and I was sad every damn day about it and as a man I was crying everyday about it .. so I couldn't afford to go out also and my emotion was down each day...

I started staying home and working on myself because at that point I couldn't sell my car because I would lose 4-5k and I didn't had that money and I couldn't restart school because I had to big payment ..

So for a few months I was on that forum learning a bit about everything and once I had some money to xchange I was buying ebook about business.

And then I started listening to Eric Thomas and Anthony Robbins. I was watching youtube video for hours and hours each day because I had nothing else to do BUT slowly (after watching video and thinking about your situation from 4 P.M to 2-3 AM) My brain and attitude was starting to change slowly and instead of crying and bullshiting about my situation I looked at what I had and what I could start with.

I started the 30 days challenge which was free which was not a success BUT I really learned about it.

At that time I was doing, I mean trying to do SEO and rank keyword by myself. I was buying Fiverr gigs but with he money I was making I couldn't afford to buy a lot so I found a second job in a night club and I was working there 3 days also ... so basically at that point I had lost a lot of my friend since I couldn't go out (I was working too much) and the other part of my time I was focusing on me and getting out of that circle.

But guess what ... GOOGLE update kicked my 3 website which were making about 100-300 with clickbank product per month.

I was now F*cking more sad .. lol .. I didn't know what I could do because now the thing I was doing I had no control over it.

So basically I got lucky at some point to meet a person in here which is basically 99% of my success today because he has helped me mentally a lot and he has guided me.

He introduced me to PAID traffic which at first was looking F*cking dangerous and hard .. so each week I had like 100 left from my 2 jobs to spend on paid traffic ..

Oh dear god... I struggled for a few months before even making a penny!!!!! I had to learn all techy stuff and how to create banner because I couldn't afford to pay someone ...

BUT one day ... I spent that $100 of traffic in 1 hour and I had 190 BACK ... I was freaking out and that where it all started ... I was getting paid monthly so each week I would try to cut on everything I didn't need that I was spending on.
so after a month I had earned like 600 profit and then reinvested, reinvested now more money let's scale etc ..

Today, ohhh today I wish I was more grateful than I'm ... for the last 4 months I have been earning high $$,$$$ profit a month and I'm on my way to my first $$$,$$$ profit a month.

But the thing is ... I'm not here to show you how much I'm making today, I'm here for you guys out there that are struggling ... I mean if you look at my english it's better now but when I first started ... my english wasn't that good, I was poor, I had lost my girlfriend and I had no more time for my friend but I was 200% into it my focus and my mind was thinking about it every single second of each damn day. Even when I was doing bad at it I was telling myself I'll find another way until I get it. In my mind that was that simple I'll die poor trying or I'll die rich ... forget about all this pain and all the judgement all over you that is ILLUSION only ...

Success isn't even about being better or having more skill than the other people ... you'll start figuring out that people that make a lot of money are often very stupid people... but they have one thing that others doesn't have and it's the right mindset ...These guys are leader - winner ... not losers ... if you can program your mind for something with all your energy and focus you'll accomplish whatever you want ... and stop being in a hurry to earn money .. be patient and learn everything you can and just go through the process .. there is nothing else .. a process that you have to go through and the tougher will go through it because their mind want it more than the other people period.

I just would like to take the time here to thanks Dale AKA: I don't really remember his name on here Zendurophin (something like that)

Before I leave ... I would like to have these guys that are still struggling out there to make me a promise to start now in 2013 and promise me they will commit their entire energy into it even if it take 9 months to make a damn penny out there because once you find out to make a penny of profit out there 10 million is a lot a lot closer than you can think ... it's just a matter of leverage and scale.

Now the question is are you willing enough to go through that pain and become a winner or you are still going to find excuses and give up?

PS: program your mind everyday with great people ( at least for 1-2 hours a day morning and before sleep and try to feel and believe it in you) you'll slowly see changes and feel more powerful about thing you can achieve.

Thanks for the writing. Taking on the Anthony Robbins challenge. Was looking for ways to stay committed.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.