The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

0$ to 1000000$ in 12 Months! (Ride Along)

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Vairavan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 13, 2019
In your heart
Update:

Got emails of all the offers.Sent them a questionnaire. Most flaked. Only 4 people replied. Now I'll write copy for them and use it for my portfolio.

Created a buyer account in upwork and posted a job. Got some ideas for good proposals.

Someone here asked me to write samples for jobs posted in upwork and use it for my portfolio. I'm also going to try that.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sadik

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
Jan 26, 2017
Kolkata, India
Hey Vairavan

I just read this thread. I didn't really know your background when I posted in your copywriting offer thread.

I understand that the money situation is weighing you down. And I totally get the whole family and relatives let down thing cos I am an Indian too... :)

I am not gonna give you much action steps for you have received a lot of that in this thread already. But I just want to show you a different perspective.

You know what's the most wonderful thing about you. You are only 24! I am a good 12 years older than you and gosh I remember what it was like! :) You are here at fastlaneforum, you are living in perhaps the most abundant time of human civilization, you have internet, you are already aware of the many business models online! Just wow! You are already ahead of perhaps 95% of the human population. Think about that, there are billions of people in this world who don't have many of the things you have. Just imagine how lucky you are!

For business, I will tell you that it takes time. It takes patience and it takes a lot of hard work. The abundance of our time has its curse of distraction. Even the best of the best suffer from it. The key to success in today's time is just this. Focus on one small thing and ignore everything else. You have picked copywriting on Upwork. That is a superb choice. Let me tell you I have over 15 years of experience in Freelancing and you are in the right place and in the right niche for starting to make some money. Don't give up, don't move to other things, don't get distracted. Do copywriting for at least one year now. By one year you will start to get good, earn some money and start being stable. Yes it takes that long. Don't look at all those people who say "From 0 to XXXXX" in 12 months etc etc. Some of them are lying. Some are outliers. The headlines are all survivor bias. 99.99% of people will have to slog it out.

Whether you succeed or fail entirely depends on whether or not you stick it out patiently in one field learning, adapting, improving. This is a great place for help. Ask questions, learn from advice given from people like JAJT. They are amazing people who take out time from their businesses to help newbie's like you.

All the best mate, I am rooting for ya!

Vairavan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 13, 2019
In your heart
Hey Vairavan

I just read this thread. I didn't really know your background when I posted in your copywriting offer thread.

I understand that the money situation is weighing you down. And I totally get the whole family and relatives let down thing cos I am an Indian too... :)

I am not gonna give you much action steps for you have received a lot of that in this thread already. But I just want to show you a different perspective.

You know what's the most wonderful thing about you. You are only 24! I am a good 12 years older than you and gosh I remember what it was like! :) You are here at fastlaneforum, you are living in perhaps the most abundant time of human civilization, you have internet, you are already aware of the many business models online! Just wow! You are already ahead of perhaps 95% of the human population. Think about that, there are billions of people in this world who don't have many of the things you have. Just imagine how lucky you are!

For business, I will tell you that it takes time. It takes patience and it takes a lot of hard work. The abundance of our time has its curse of distraction. Even the best of the best suffer from it. The key to success in today's time is just this. Focus on one small thing and ignore everything else. You have picked copywriting on Upwork. That is a superb choice. Let me tell you I have over 15 years of experience in Freelancing and you are in the right place and in the right niche for starting to make some money. Don't give up, don't move to other things, don't get distracted. Do copywriting for at least one year now. By one year you will start to get good, earn some money and start being stable. Yes it takes that long. Don't look at all those people who say "From 0 to XXXXX" in 12 months etc etc. Some of them are lying. Some are outliers. The headlines are all survivor bias. 99.99% of people will have to slog it out.

Whether you succeed or fail entirely depends on whether or not you stick it out patiently in one field learning, adapting, improving. This is a great place for help. Ask questions, learn from advice given from people like JAJT. They are amazing people who take out time from their businesses to help newbie's like you.

All the best mate, I am rooting for ya!

Thank you so much. Your post gave me lots of hope and insights. Now I've decided to stick to freelance copywriting until I get extremely good at it, no matter what.

Last edited:

Sadik

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
Jan 26, 2017
Kolkata, India
Thank you so much. Your post gave me lots of hope and insights. Now I decided to stick to freelance copywriting until I get extremely good at it, no matter what.
Brilliant. Now as a first step you have to realize that your english needs to improve.

"Now I decided to stick..." should be "Now I have decided to stick..."

So figure out ways to improve your language. Because you will struggle with copywriting jobs if there are problems in your english. Maybe get hold of a good old grammer book and practise some exercises. All the best.

Mark Trade

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Oct 16, 2019
Sydney Australia
Earning the 1st million is the hardest, the 2nd is the easiest. After that it flows, if you do it right. For what it's worth and from what I've read, stay away from self help books, they are driving you full of false hope.

Oh and for the record, your hero, Robert Kiyosaki is bankrupt.!!!!! Fact.

How I made my 1st million. At age 15, I left school, having just passed High School Certificate, Came 1st in Science for my state and 2nd in Math for my state. Bombed in all other subjects, but I've never had a use for them anyway. If I need to know anything, I just ask someone who does. Who the hell uses Algebra.????

Till I was 20, I bummed around working on farms, and driving trucks. When I turned 21, I said enough was enough, I moved out of home and went to the city. I applied for a salesman's job, commission only with a $500 retainer. Yes me in my first suit, fitted like a loose condom. To cut the story short, I earned $260k in my 1st week. How, by keeping my mouth shut and my eyes and ears open. I was working for a big company, that had huge buying power and I mean "BIG". Just google Brambles. They were upgrading their fleet of vehicles, so I asked a simple question, if we buy more, does the price come down.????

The reply was yes, but we don't want to buy more, we already have a set order.!!!! So again, I asked, what if someone else was to buy the same vehicle, could we include them in the purchase.???? There was silence for about 5mins. The sales manager left the room and returned about 15mins later, I thought, ok, I'm a gonna, I've just lost my job. He said the GM wants to see you. I thought, now I'm really dead. My heart was pumping out of my chest, I was shitting bricks. To top it off, I was shaking. Years later I was diagnosed with Mild Anxiety.

After spending 30mins in the GM's office, listening to what he had to say, he gave me the go-ahead to find other companies who could benefit from Brambles buying power. I increased that purchase order from 13 to 19 Mack Trucks. 13 for Brambles over a 2 year purchase order and 6 for 3 other companies. Everyone was in a win - win situation.

How..................by going to the local pubs, where the truckies parked up and went for a cold one and sat and talked shit with them. Then I told them, what I could do, and what I could save them on a new Mack.

Years later, I went into finance, didn't know anything about it, but went to the pubs that the stock market guys drank at, made friends there, learnt their trade and made more money. Cross selling is a great way to earn income, use someone else's money and experience and bring them clients. Find the fit and create a win - win. You can adapt it too any industry.

Now I work from home, I'm sure you might have heard of Menulog, Eat Now or Just-Eat. No.??, well run the names through Google. 1 of those 3, is my sideline. My main income is from another source. This is income from doing nothing. Once it's setup, it runs itself. The only time, I leave the house, is shopping with the wallet drainer, or we go out for lunch or a visit.

You can do it, you just need to think first.

MK35

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 22, 2016
Hey @Vairavan, it's been 5 months since your 12-month plan surfaced here. How's it going so far? Are you still riding along?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.