The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

Biswas

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Feb 24, 2021
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

To download the first (5) chapters: HERE
To learn more (website) visit: HERE
To order via Amazon: HERE
To listen via Audible: HERE
The book and knowledge should be worth at least million dollars as it saved me a lot of years trying to learn about best business practices written in this book. Thank You MJ

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

James007Hill

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Sep 29, 2019
Unscripted is genuinely my favourite book of everything I've ever read. You can feel the level of thought, detail and pure real world experience that has gone into writing it. It's revealing, thought provoking, red-pilling, and superbly written. Even the humour is nicely done - there's enough humour to add to the overall engagement you have with it, without there being so much humour to the point where it loses the seriousness of the message.

The first half of it, talking about the different paths, and beliefs, biases and bullshit etc., I would recommend even to someone who has literally zero interest in entrepreneurship, as it's still valuable to know in my opinion, even if you are someone who is thriving in and loving the slowlane (not many admittedly, but there are always some exceptions to the rule!).

In short, an epic read jam packed with value, and a book that will age very well!

constbegin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Apr 21, 2021
Philippines
I've read UNSCRIPTED . Very good read!!

MJ lied that there isn't a step-by-step action for creating a business and being an entrepreneur. TUNEF *IS* the closest step-by-step list to build your own business, be in the Fastlane, and Unscript your life.

From the early chapters about beliefs and biases, to Fastlane Entrepreneurship, Kinetic Execution, and the last chapters about the Money System. The book laid out the game plan on how to escape your job and move from sidewalk/slowlane to the fastlane. Every chapter builds on the next. I even finished the book in 4 days!

UNSCRIPTED is highly recommended read! I'll share it to all people I know, specially those interested in having their own businesses.

AppMan

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
May 25, 2019
I have read unscripted , it is good in the first chapters, however the much you advance in chapter the much you feel the writer doesn't have a solid message , it become just long lecture from the writer about things he think are right or wrong.
Disclaimer : I have read TMFL and that book is really good and give you good perspective, I would say one of them is enough as the ideas are the same but demoed in different way

carney98765

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 26, 2021
I have read unscripted , it is good in the first chapters, however the much you advance in chapter the much you feel the writer doesn't have a solid message , it become just long lecture from the writer about things he think are right or wrong.
Disclaimer : I have read TMFL and that book is really good and give you good perspective, I would say one of them is enough as the ideas are the same but demoed in different way

It’s a little more advanced in the later chapters than you’re realizing. The later chapters discuss a lot of ways to trim fat and focus your efforts. Many of the strategies are taught in business school. I would have saved a lot of time and money had I read this book a few times rather than attending business school.

JohnHenry

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Apr 27, 2021
Overall a good book. This is a much more polished version of TMFL with more anecdotal evidence. I do appreciate the more clear look of a chronological progression.

teambret

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Apr 26, 2021
Utah
and DONE. I finished "unscripted ". I'll keep this one in the rotation to make sure it is fresh on the mind.

CivilianCone41

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Apr 26, 2021

ZeroFrozen1400

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
May 1, 2021
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

Just new on this community.
I'm prateful I've been accepted
I've read Unscripted .
I loved it!

Nikolaos

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
May 5, 2021

View attachment 14816

It's difficult to publish a 2nd book that it's on the same high level as the 1st one. I enjoyed it big time!

Thanks MJ

HabitsCampaigner

Jim Miotke
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jan 6, 2021
Monterey, CA
Read Unscripted - about to go through the book a second time to digest the millions of notes I made.

First non-day-job day is in 7 days. Ready to rock!

Korean rich

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 1, 2021
I've just finished reading it. Acutally, I know the one thing pretty definetly. I've lived in script that I study hard so that go to a good university and company. Now I truly belive that there is a script about being free early. I'll go to it. The biggest lesson I learned to go to the fastlane is that we have to offer values for people. Otherthings actually didn't understand perpectly. I think it's because the level of my script is low yet. But I'll write one line steadily. First of all, I'll give people value for writing book review in my blog.
I will develop myself by thinking this book with the gospel in mind.

RicardoGrande

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
May 9, 2021
I've read unscripted , re-listening to it again as of this week.
May this time be the time everything sets into motion.

Lilwe7

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 11, 2021

View attachment 14816

Still listening to it on audible. Really eye opening so far. Enjoying it thoroughly

Ranthony_TFG

PARKED
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 10, 2021
Listened to Unscripted on my drive homes from my day job. On my second go around and still learning so much more.

Its like watching a movie the second time, you recatch things you missed the first go around. Still loving it.

DelightRedeemed

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Aug 20, 2020
Lusaka

View attachment 14816

I've read unscripted once, so transfomative planning to read it again

ronlugo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Apr 26, 2021

View attachment 14816

I just finished it. It was great. I have also recommended it to several colleagues and friends.

ronlugo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Apr 26, 2021
I just finished it and I liked it better than TFM (though I loved that book too). I have also recommended to several friends and colleagues that are freethinkers and open minded that might benefit from it.

Andy J.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2021
I just finished Unscripted in audiobook format. I found the second half of the book to be particularly insightful and I will surely listen to it again. The narration style was a bit different than MJ's in TMF , but it quickly grew on me and I thought the delivery got better as the book went on. An excellent read (or listen)!

Nekoemon

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 18, 2016
Over the rainbow
Dear MJ,

I’ve read Unscripted , or should I say I’ve listened to it, since it’s an Audible version. Please find my opinion, knowing that it’s only my personal point of view, based on my values, beliefs and own experience.

My Rating: 4 stars out of 5 stars

Format: Audible

Favorite chapter: I enjoyed Unscripted for several reasons. I can’t really mention a chapter, rather some ideas here and there and the tone, the in-your face no BS tone that made me feel that I had a personal lesson with you, rather than being a student in an overcrowded class. Moreover, the fact that you pull no punches still carries a friendly attitude makes the listening a great moment. With lot of value added, which is the main goal of the book.

Being myself a huge animals lover, I was touched when you warned about raising a dog and not being able to continue to take care of him financially speaking.

Unscripted is a great, usable, realistic source of information, a clear blueprint that I’m gonna buy on text version (printed book or pdf), since the audible format doesn’t allow to highlight text and take notes easily.

Least favorite chapter
: Although I agree that what the market wants is a priority over what you love, the fact that you put down the ‘do what you love’ concept with such harshness might hide the fact that sometimes what you love and what the market wants may be rather close, and that the idea is worth giving a thought. Sure it’s not because you love basketball that the market craves for your blog about it, but basket is a wide field, where the market has needs here and there. Your knowledge can be used in various other ways by adding value to where it’s needed.

Also, there’s a little contradiction when you criticise Tony Robbins for surely not making his fortune thanks to his own financial advices, then later you say that it’s OK if an entrepreneur doesn’t use his own product. Well, Robbins (and the cohort of personal development writers) doesn’t use his own product and it’s ok for me (disclaimer: I also think his money book is too slowlane). Napoleon Hill died broke, yet it doesn’t make his advice less interesting.

I’m also a little annoyed by the term Action Faker. Making business cards is not, in my opinion, action faking, but simply a misinterpretation of priorities at the moment. Considering the low cost and little time it takes to make business cards, I wouldn’t mind much about that. It might not be the highest priority compared to what the market needs and the value you have to bring it, but still, I don’t see it as faking.

Key takeaways:
  1. Key takeaway #1: the concept of hyperreality.
I remember a guy who once came to me, excited, almost jumping for joy, telling me “We won!!”. The day before, there was a football match and the Belgian team obviously won, which I didn’t give any shit about anyway. But when I told the guy “Oh you won, great, but what did you win?”, his face completely changed, I’ll never forget that, it was the perfect illustration of hyperreality.

1. Key takeaway #2: the F*ck-this events.
It made me realize that I had dozens of FTE, and only 4 of them were really, tremendously life changing. Thanks to Unscrpited, I understand the difference between an FTE and a fake FTE, although I’d rather call it a missed FTE.

1. Key takeaway #3: value vouchers, perceived value, expected value, relative value.
Very clear ways to define value in several contexts.

1. Key takeaway #4: balance is bullshit.
Story of my life. :D

1. Key takeaway #5: A great product ruined by wrong ways to promote it.
We hear so often that a great product is enough to become viral that it’s good to be reminded that while it can be true, it’s often not the case.

There are many more takeaways but I now need to buy the text version to get more into it. Anyway, great book, I can make a good use of its value, maybe more that the Millionaire Fastlane .

Thanks you MJ, it’s a few bucks wisely invested here.
G.S.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.