The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Creating my first information product

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

JAMES-L67

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 24, 2014
Hi guys,

After some fantastic input from everyone on my thread about conversions, I discovered that the vast majority of the traffic coming to my site were after the information available there, rather than the products I was offering. After dissecting what they were looking at in particular using Hotjar heat maps and recordings, I decided to put together an information product that neatly packaged the info they were seeking and more.

I then jumped on to a few forums and Facebook groups I am a part of in this niche and put forward some questions about what people would like included in this product, and not only did I get some fantastic responses, but I also got an overwhelming demand for my product, before I've even started! I had people private messaging me asking if they could buy one now as they desperately needed it. Talk about fulfilling the Need commandment!

From here I started to brainstorm what should be included in my product. My niche is automotive travel, so most of the information revolves around locations and how to get there, the best way to do things, travel routes etc. As well as having some text and graphic information, I have also decided to pursue an interactive map listing all locations and events, however I'm contemplating making this part of a membership program.

So far I have:
  • Had an interactive map drafted by a guy on Fiverr incorporating over 300 pins that I had in my personal locations list
  • Written over 3000 words towards my product
  • Skeleton drafted 13 chapters/sections for my guide
  • Inquired re printing of physical booklet
The plan is to keep this thread updated to help keep me accountable and hopefully to get some awesome suggestions as I go.

I'm looking forward to keeping everyone updated :)

James

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NMdad

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
That's great soft validation. A couple questions:
  • How can you get hard validation (i.e., people paying actual money for it)?
  • What's the fastest way you could do that? (Maybe an MVP ebook?)

JAMES-L67

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 24, 2014
That's great soft validation. A couple questions:
  • How can you get hard validation (i.e., people paying actual money for it)?
  • What's the fastest way you could do that? (Maybe an MVP ebook?)

Yeah that's the next step! I'm deciding whether to come up with some sort of lead magnet (a free pdf or light version of my map) or to launch the map on its own as a standalone product. Weighing up the pros and cons :)

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

JAMES-L67

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 24, 2014
Update:

Have now written over 5700 words on the ebook, as well as produced an interactive map with over 450 pins.

I'm now in the process of developing a lead magnet for my e-mail marketing campaign. I'm thinking a simplified version of either my map or the ebook, but haven't decided yet.

Having fun regardless :)

James

JAMES-L67

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 24, 2014
Update:

Have updated my e-mail marketing campaign to offer a free simplified version of my interactive map for anyone who signs up.

Also now up to 7,500 words on the ebook.

Been working long hours at my day job so finding energy has been more difficult than usual, but I'm getting there :)

James

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JAMES-L67

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 24, 2014
Update:

Been ages since I updated because simply I forgot to, but now have over 15,000 words, 77 pages worth of content.

Currently setting up a launch campaign, my e-mail sign ups weren't as fantastic as I had hoped (around 50) but I did a very simple set and forget approach so can't expect too much.

Anticipating launch before the end of March, stay tuned :)

James

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.