The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lost my job. Give it to me straight how F*cked am i?

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
And a few years ago, a forum member (who essentially vanished) messaged me with something like this:
"Look, I relate to you, I know where you're coming from, but the path to growth for you is to let go of your ego and just not react. You don't have to reply, you can simply move on with your day knowing that you're right and they're wrong without convincing them of that (which often backfires, as you've just experienced) or fighting with them which just leads to more issues. Oh, and apologize for your own behaviour even though you felt you were wronged/attacked for no reason, because you're only responsible for your actions and what you did/said wasn't right."
Yo… this “forum member” is my multi account bro, Speed112 :rofl: F*ck, can’t believe you fell for that, wtf!! :poo:

Just kidding, but I did ask him to contact you, that much is the truth haha ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Is this where I join the thread and spend 100 posts trying to get OP on track? lol
What actually happened to that guy lol? Did anyone keep in touch with him after he deleted his account?

He messaged me privately at one point, and I gave him the exact steps. He seemed to have had some internal block, like he knew what to do but couldn’t execute.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@AgainstAllOdds7
what is your why?

what are your BIG three for this week?
what three things will you get done THIS week NO MATTER WHAT that will move you toward your GOALS?

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
What actually happened to that guy lol? Did anyone keep in touch with him after he deleted his account?

He messaged me privately at one point, and I gave him the exact steps. He seemed to have had some internal block, like he knew what to do but couldn’t execute.
He really needs some small wins to get him moving...or even some better reads to feed his mind with good things.

This is why I didn't fret about him getting that Lyft job and listening to the audiobooks.

These aren't 'Fastlane' per say...but I can't expect everyone to fly like a rocket on Day 1.
At least working in ride-hailing allows you to have a feel on what it is like to 'eat what you hunt'.

I think if he did mention what kind of jobs he applied to...we could have given some better advice on other services he could try selling (and get a better ROI than fighting traffic)

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
You guys discount the impact we make on others. These posts are here forever and make a huge difference. Rarely is it about OP once it gets to this point. They may never do anything. The 1000's reading this in 2028 are what this is about.

Not long ago down in PDC, @Ravens_Shadow and I were discussing the Eric's Cheesecakes thread and the impact it made on him and others. Some of the most painful moments of my life in that thread. Lol

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
nope your hopeless

I don't think you're hopeless as the same dedication you put forth in the gym is the same dedication that needs to be applied to business. Your gym consistency can make you a spartan, your business consistency will set you free.

I were discussing the Eric's Cheesecakes thread

For reference if anyone needs a refresher...

AgainstAllOdds7

Contributor
X MODERATED X
Dec 18, 2023
I don't think you're hopeless as the same dedication you put forth in the gym is the same dedication that needs to be applied to business. Your gym consistency can make you a spartan, your business consistency will set you free.

For reference if anyone needs a refresher...

[QUOTE="MJ DeMarco, post: 1115051,...ds/eric-from-erics-cheesecakes.77507/[/QUOTE]
despite what anyone says I believe in mysel and that’s all that matters. I know that with the right mindset, road map consistent and hard work I will get there.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Apr 27, 2022
United States

AgainstAllOdds7

Contributor
X MODERATED X
Dec 18, 2023
Agreed.

What's your main goal this coming week?
I got two interviews today I’m excited about and know I’ll get. I know people here say LOL YOU HAVEA JOB HAHAHA but I need to live and I don’t mind working if it means escaping. lmao it amazes me how SOME (not all) people here are shaming people who have a job trying to escape.

I’m also focusing on being perfect with my diet and focused on being a good friend. I’m also looking at a course of someone who I deem as legit and not just trying to sell me something (he emphasizes it’s hard hard work) and he is doing something I want to do as well.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
I got two interviews today I’m excited about and know I’ll get. I know people here say LOL YOU HAVEA JOB HAHAHA but I need to live and I don’t mind working if it means escaping. lmao it amazes me how SOME (not all) people here are shaming people who have a job trying to escape.

I’m also focusing on being perfect with my diet and focused on being a good friend. I’m also looking at a course of someone who I deem as legit and not just trying to sell me something (he emphasizes it’s hard hard work) and he is doing something I want to do as well.
Well done. Many people here and even MJ DeMarco talk about a fundational job, one that pays your bills and gives you peace of mind to pursue entrepreneurship better. So anybody shaming having a (temporal) job didn't get the message actually. Glad that your situation is improving.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

NervesOfSteel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 26, 2023

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
I know people here say LOL YOU HAVEA JOB HAHAHA but I need to live and I don’t mind working if it means escaping
No-one says that here.
Ya. I'm pretty sure no one is saying that you shouldn't have a job while you are trying to build your business.

There are three general ways to build your business in relation to having a slowlane job.

1. Work your 9-5 and after work, keep working on your own business

2. Work your 9-5, save money, quit job for x amount of months and work full time on business. Go back to work if you don't make it in that time.

3. A hybrid of 1 and 2.

Personally, I do #3

You need money to be alive. You need money to run a business. I think what people were calling you out on was your mindset not that you needed to get a job.

Your mind went straight to 'I lost my job, I need another job ASAP' even when you have 4 months of savings. This is 'Scripted' Talk.

When people critique you, often it is hard to listen. I know you barely know the people on the forum, but some of the guys who have given critiques are worth listening too as they have 'made it' according to most peoples standards. They will make you a better person if entrepreneurship is what you want.

My suggestion, internalize the critiques, change your mindset, and listen rather than fight when you're asking questions to a group that on the aggregate has far more experience in the realm of business than you do yourself.

Hope you stick around and make something big of yourself. This can be a cool thread to look back on many years later.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Ya. I'm pretty sure no one is saying that you shouldn't have a job while you are trying to build your business.
I personally don't suggest having a job. Start freelancing instead. You'll have more freedom and make more money than by working a low-end job.

Imo jobs are only valid if you're aiming to become a gung-ho big hitter with some large company – like Jack Welch. Otherwise it's usually a waste of time. And it teaches you to set LOW EXPECTATIONS for yourself (because everyone around is typically complaining and seeking to do as little work as possible).

AgainstAllOdds7

Contributor
X MODERATED X
Dec 18, 2023
It's always OK for you to insult others but you hate others for speaking the darn truth on thine face!
Bro shut up the only people I insulted are those that didn’t give any practical advice just give up no hope. Go F*ck your self mate

AgainstAllOdds7

Contributor
X MODERATED X
Dec 18, 2023

There are three general ways to build your business in relation to having a slowlane job.

1. Work your 9-5 and after work, keep working on your own business

2. Work your 9-5, save money, quit job for x amount of months and work full time on business. Go back to work if you don't make it in that time.

3. A hybrid of 1 and 2.

Personally, I do #3

You need money to be alive. You need money to run a business. I think what people were calling you out on was your mindset not that you needed to get a job.

Your mind went straight to 'I lost my job, I need another job ASAP' even when you have 4 months of savings. This is 'Scripted' Talk.

When people critique you, often it is hard to listen. I know you barely know the people on the forum, but some of the guys who have given critiques are worth listening too as they have 'made it' according to most peoples standards. They will make you a better person if entrepreneurship is what you want.

My suggestion, internalize the critiques, change your mindset, and listen rather than fight when you're asking questions to a group that on the aggregate has far more experience in the realm of business than you do yourself.

Hope you stick around and make something big of yourself. This can be a cool thread to look back on many years later.
I’ve had people in this thread laugh at me saying I got another job. I’ve literally haven’t fought one thing here I’m all ears to listen. I only fought against those that said insulted my character and intelligence with no basis and zero help lol

AgainstAllOdds7

Contributor
X MODERATED X
Dec 18, 2023
I personally don't suggest having a job. Start freelancing instead. You'll have more freedom and make more money than by working a low-end job.

Imo jobs are only valid if you're aiming to become a gung-ho big hitter with some large company – like Jack Welch. Otherwise it's usually a waste of time. And it teaches you to set LOW EXPECTATIONS for yourself (because everyone around is typically complaining and seeking to do as little work as possible).
That is why I’m trying to escape cause I know I can always do more and have more and a job has a ceiling however I need it for a steady income. I’m still young and I eat very healthy and take very good care of myself (no drugs alcohol good sleep) so I have the energy to work long hours and sleep late and wake up early.

Once I’m confident I can walk on my own two feet in entrepreneurship I’ll make the jump and never look back

NervesOfSteel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 26, 2023
Bro shut up the only people I insulted are those that didn’t give any practical advice just give up no hope. Go F*ck your self mate

Technically I was wrong. I apologise. You haven't got a job yet. Just 2 interview calls.

Bye and just as you said "Go F*ck yourself mate".

Ha Ha !

Moral of the story: no matter how hard the members of this forum may try, you will never change!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
OP: Lost my job, give it to me straight!

20 Users: Gives it to him straight!

OP:

1711982267275.png

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

NervesOfSteel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 26, 2023

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
Algerian lad down the road. Has a great collection of rugs and more sales than DFS
Mysel is F*cking killing it in the rug game right now, heard he recently broke $100K in sales.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
459%
Mar 15, 2018

What did you accomplish by this comment?

What do you want from this forum? You are telling an entrepreneur who could teach you the way to freedom to “go F*ck yourself”.

Way to win friends and influence people. :rolleyes:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.