The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What book are you reading? Right now. Post up!

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
I'm curious, what have your big takeaways from the book been?
Reassurance that I’m not necessarily doing anything wrong and scaling is just hard and is 2 steps forwards, 1 step back, as you stretch your organizations capabilities to their breaking point repeatedly over time.

The book is a bunch of micro chapters on various topics grouped loosely into 5 or 6 macro themes. So easy read, and doesn’t need to be chronological. Can flip to whatever seems most relevant for you.

I’d recommend for anyone with a business doing $1M+ revenue a year trying to scale to $10M+. Not as relevant for solopreneuers.

Alexander Mish

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Nov 3, 2023
I am reading "Building a second brain" by Tiago Forte.
For over a year, and maybe longer i took notes in various forms, it was obsidian at first, then a physical diary, where i wtote what have i done in a day, then it was notion, where i am right now.
I found the problem - i do not reread my notes, and book reviews, so what am i getting from all these notes?
So i found the book, and searching for the way to organise and compress all the knowledge and insights that i accumulated over the years.
It also helps me to get on track when i procrastinate or dont feel like it, i open notion to write something, see an interesting note headline, and remind myself what it is all for.
It is helpful this way.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
Areté: Activate Your Heroic Potential by Brian Johnson (Author), Phil Stutz (Foreword)

It's $1.49 on Kindle and packed with 1026 pages of value. I listened to it on Audible and bought it on Kindle and Hardcover.

I highly recommend it because he does a great job consolidating the best ideas from other popular books on business, psychology, philosophy, etc.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

gilli

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Aug 22, 2020
italy
Let us know how it is when you're done. Is it like Dane Maxwell's strategy?
I haven't read Dane Maxwell's book yet, so I can't tell you the difference. But one thing is for sure: the book was extremely eye-opening for me. Noah published a video
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBEA6Wrx94g
on YouTube yesterday that shows his strategy very well in live situations. Check it out, it's really helpful. I highly recommend you get the book, it's really valuable.

journeyman

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Apr 18, 2017
United States
1707065538482.png
A decent book packed with information and action steps, but the author cherry-picks financial numbers in order to make acquisition entrepreneurship seem like the greatest thing since sliced bread, which unfortunately significantly undermines his credibility and the rest of the insight.

I knew it was going to be like this as soon as I found out that the author sells a high-ticket membership course...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
2023 oct Black Minimalist Dark Floral Photo Book Cover.png

If you want to learn a real way to improve your conversations and connect with others, I'd highly recommend this book (of which I'm the proud author!). Since it's now at a level in which I've seen it change (mine and) a few people's lives, I felt really compelled to recommend it especially to this forum that has helped change my life. It's probably far from linguistically polished, but it's built on the principles of providing value so you can think of it as a guide to forming a "productocracy in social situations" haha.

SnowLava

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jul 7, 2023
India
View attachment 54006

If you want to learn a real way to improve your conversations and connect with others, I'd highly recommend this book (of which I'm the proud author!). Since it's now at a level in which I've seen it change (mine and) a few people's lives, I felt really compelled to recommend it especially to this forum that has helped change my life. It's probably far from linguistically polished, but it's built on the principles of providing value so you can think of it as a guide to forming a "productocracy in social situations" haha.
The title sounds good and something i definitely need to learn. Although I have heard that no book can teach one how to communicate and one must develop it through experience. Whats your thoughts on that?

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
The title sounds good and something i definitely need to learn. Although I have heard that no book can teach one how to communicate and one must develop it through experience. Whats your thoughts on that?
Thank you so much! @WJK Has laid it out best, the symphony of knowledge and practice is the seed of "success". The book teaches a framework/guide for conversations to give value to others, but the only ones I've seen succeed with the book are those that take a concept and actually practice it in the real world - often in an iterative manner, coming back to the material and refining their knowledge - until it then works out. Then they go unto get results like this...

plr wins (alternative).png

The Millionaire Fastlane provides a comprehensive guide to create a business that thrives, but if you only ever read it and never lifted a finger, I don't see anything changing any time soon haha.

IronyIsTacky

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Apr 6, 2022
Double fisting Hardin's Filters against Folly and Ellis' A New Guide to Rational Living. Skimming the former, taking notes on the latter. Definitely gonna get back FaF for some notetaking down the line, just not right now.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Winning by Tim Grover.

21elnegocio

WholeFlips Wholesaling Houses Virtually
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
I haven't read Dane Maxwell's book yet, so I can't tell you the difference. But one thing is for sure: the book was extremely eye-opening for me. Noah published a video
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBEA6Wrx94g
on YouTube yesterday that shows his strategy very well in live situations. Check it out, it's really helpful. I highly recommend you get the book, it's really valuable.
This is a great video

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

Elon Musk is fascinating to me because he seems to habitually break a lot of rules that are commonly accepted “wisdom for success”.

Starting and running multiple companies while taking leadership and controlling roles at the same time. (Different from Altman who runs open ai actively while taking a backseats at other investment.)

Marrying and Divorcing women consecutively while having lots of children.

Invest and all in repeatedly to keep controlling stake repeatedly with and does not care if he goes broke again.

Deliberately Choosing to embark in ideas that take forever to monetize.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
The elements of Style.

It is a must-read for anyone looking to improve their writing.

goldminer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Feb 19, 2024
I've got a stack of books by my bed that I'm working through:

Awaken the Giant Within - Tony Robbins (read it before, but recently started reading it again).

An Introduction to Psychology (can't remember by whom, but its the university type handbooks, so it often succeeds in putting me asleep - the theory bits that is).

How life imitates chess - Gary Kasparov (I'm about halfway through this one - was wondering how to become great in chess/life, and this book seemed like a fit).

Successfull Interpersonal Communication - Another handbook (still to start reading it).

How to have kick-a$$ ideas - Chris Barez-Brown. (I'm about 75% through this book, and so far I think it is a great book. It has great exercises, lots of pictures/drawing that makes it an easy read, and is immensely useful in coming up with creative ideas to make the most of your opportunities (a rephrase from 'problems' :)).

Your idea can make you rich - Its from the guys who run the Dragon's Den. So far I'm not really impressed as it feels like the 'same-old' entrepreneur advice in a million other books, but I'm not done reading it completely yet, so I might still change my opinion.

The Complete Guide to Flipping Properties - Steve Burgess (I'm still to start reading this one though - I bought it thinking it would be specific to the UK market, but it isnt, so I'll read it further into the future).

Thats it for my currently reading/unread stack next to my bed.

What are you reading?
I am reading
Flow - a book that is based on flow state
Peak secrets - to achieve maximum performance out of your mind
And
The art of effortlessness - how to do something so effortlessly . Like how effortlessly Mjordan plays basketball, Ronaldo football , and pianist , guitarist , artist ,

Qasiel

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Mar 31, 2023
Cornwall, UK
Current Audiobook: Can't Hurt Me by David Goggins

So far I'm enjoying this tale of how Goggins overcame his personal odds and pushed through preconceived notions, from race to ability, in order to succeed at the things he set his mind to. It's an interesting listen, read by Adam Skolnick with the occasional chat with Goggins himself to go over certain chapters within the book. I'm liking it so far because it's not a pure "success story" - He recounts his many failings and how failure didn't stop him from trying something again. Recommended for anyone wishing to improve their mindset.

Current Book: The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace D. Wattles

I picked this book up as part of the "Capstone Collection" - a well-presented series of curated classics covering areas like philosophy, stoicism, mindset etc. So far, this book spouts lofty ideals and feels a bit dated (which makes sense as it was originally released back in 1910), but this book has been read and many of its practices caried out by successful entrepreneurs and leaders. So far, I'd say the key takeaway is visualisation - how if you perceive riches you will attain them - but I'm less than halfway through and looking forward to seeing how the rest of the book plays out.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
1710790324994.png

Make by Pieter Levels. Exploring new perspectives on business that focus on clear value and fast testing.

Awakened2022

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Jan 14, 2023
I published a new self-help book this week. The ebook is free for the next few days. Get it at:

Download it for $0 and then please review it.

Thx.
I have just finished reading this book, and boy is it unputdownable! You lady, you can write! I have written a review. Unfortunately, I had put five stars, but after hitting submit, I saw one. Is there a way to rectify the situation?
Like everything @WJK writes, this book is a garden of golden nuggets sprouting at every turn of the page.
The advice is so pragmatic and priceless that I am lucky to have got it for free.
It doesn't matter whether you are in a relationship with a narcissist, or are one yourself. You know someone who is and who needed this book like yesterday.
Let us read it and make relationships the haven they are meant to be.

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Oct 10, 2022
I am reading "The Blank Slate" by Steven Pinker.

It is an amazing book that has me completely agreeing with it.

It challenges common misconceptions and ideologies that people believe in, relying heavily on scientific research.

A great reminder of the fact that humans are essentially space-bound primates and that our genetics play a pivotal role in almost everything in our lives. Here is a list of the top 10 key takeaways. Do not read if you are into gender studies:

1. Blank Slate: The idea that we're born with NO built-in traits or ideas is questioned. Our genetics do in fact shape how we act and who we are. 30-60% that is!

2. Noble Savage: The book disputes the notion that we're all born good and that society corrupts us. It suggests that aggression for instance is part of human nature.

3. Ghost in the Machine: This section critiques the belief in a spirit or soul separate from our brain and body, asserting that our thoughts and feelings are intimately connected to our biology. I do not know why I need to explain this to most people.

4. Nature vs. Nurture: This part addresses the debate over whether our upbringing or our biology influences us more. The book asserts that both are important and emphasizes not to overlook our biological origins. Our genetics play a pivotal role!

5. Language and Thinking: There's a discussion on how the structure of our brain impacts the way we communicate and conceive. People who speak only one language do not have the same neuroplasticity. Sorry, not sorry.

6. Fighting and Anger: Pinker examines the natural occurrence of anger and conflict, stating that these responses are not solely due to external circumstances but also heavily hard-wired in our biology.

7. Boys and Girls: This is where the woke will cry more. The book argues that many differences between men and women are grounded in biology, and not solely constructed by society.

8. Kids Growing Up: This section explores how children develop and learn through a combination of their innate tendencies and their experiences. Parents play a much smaller part than society wants them to play. Genetics matter! Who you have sex with is more important in many cases than how ''good'' of a parent you are. So don't be a helicopter idiot.

9. Art and Beauty: It proposes that our appreciation for art and beauty stems from our evolutionary history.

10. Right and Wrong: Finally, it discusses the origins of our moral sense, suggesting that it's a product of both evolutionary development and the society we live in.

The book is packed with information so you need to be patient to get the most out of it.

[Goodreads](https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/5752)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuQHSKLXu2c&ab_channel=TED

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I have just finished reading this book, and boy is it unputdownable! You lady, you can write! I have written a review. Unfortunately, I had put five stars, but after hitting submit, I saw one. Is there a way to rectify the situation?
Like everything @WJK writes, this book is a garden of golden nuggets sprouting at every turn of the page.
The advice is so pragmatic and priceless that I am lucky to have got it for free.
It doesn't matter whether you are in a relationship with a narcissist, or are one yourself. You know someone who is and who needed this book like yesterday.
Thanks. I don't know how to fix the stars issue. I have some others coming out soon.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I looked it up for you. This is how you change a review on Amazon. Thanks..

To edit a review:

1. Go to Your Profile.
  2. Choose the review you want to change in the Community activity section.
  3. Edit or delete your review, as required.
    You can also hide it by selecting Hide on my profile from the three-button overflow menu.

Dufresne85

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Nov 3, 2021
The Boron Letters. Over 40 years old, non-fiction and great for anyone in business, especially marketing.
Great insights in this book, free to read online - easy to find if you google it.

Its about a real legendary copywriter who is in prison and is teaching his youngest son how to do direct marketing via personal letters. His son later bundled it into this book.

And also

How to make Maximum Money in Minimum Time - by the same author. Gary Halbert.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.