The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What book are you reading? Right now. Post up!

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Just finished "Can't Hurt Me" by David Goggins. I have read a decent amount of books, but very few make a huge impact. This one was one of them. Not gonna, I actually cried on this one, probably due to the sheer fact that learning how to believe in yourself is the hardest when you looked outward for externally for validation. Or when you had been constantly reminded by your social circle of what you can and cannot do.

That book and then never finished are must reads I would say.

Poppaboy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 4, 2023
I've got a stack of books by my bed that I'm working through:

Awaken the Giant Within - Tony Robbins (read it before, but recently started reading it again).

An Introduction to Psychology (can't remember by whom, but its the university type handbooks, so it often succeeds in putting me asleep - the theory bits that is).

How life imitates chess - Gary Kasparov (I'm about halfway through this one - was wondering how to become great in chess/life, and this book seemed like a fit).

Successfull Interpersonal Communication - Another handbook (still to start reading it).

How to have kick-a$$ ideas - Chris Barez-Brown. (I'm about 75% through this book, and so far I think it is a great book. It has great exercises, lots of pictures/drawing that makes it an easy read, and is immensely useful in coming up with creative ideas to make the most of your opportunities (a rephrase from 'problems' :)).

Your idea can make you rich - Its from the guys who run the Dragon's Den. So far I'm not really impressed as it feels like the 'same-old' entrepreneur advice in a million other books, but I'm not done reading it completely yet, so I might still change my opinion.

The Complete Guide to Flipping Properties - Steve Burgess (I'm still to start reading this one though - I bought it thinking it would be specific to the UK market, but it isnt, so I'll read it further into the future).

Thats it for my currently reading/unread stack next to my bed.

What are you reading?
I've been reading several books actually
1. Millionaire Master Plan by Roger Hamilton: This tailors the advice to achieve wealth based on your personality and the point you are at on your journey.
2. The road less stupid by Keith Cunningham: Excellent advice on business and thinking in general.
3. What the CEO wants you to know by Ram Charan: Breaks business buzzwords in simple terms

Etype76

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jul 31, 2022
AZ
Plug Your Book, Steve Weber
Writing Non-Fiction, Dan Poynter
Self-Publishing Manual, Dan Poynter
Four Hour Work Week, Tim Ferriss (Attempting to decipher if its slowlane, or fastlane.)
I just realized how far back this thread is! lol! Just getting used to the forum, but what was the verdict on the 4 Hour Work Week?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Etype76

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jul 31, 2022
AZ
Unscripted - MJ DeMarco
The 80/20 Principal - Richard Koch
How I Built This - Guy Roz
The 1-Page Marketing Plan - Allan Dib
Napoleon Hill's Keys to Positive Thinking - N.H. & Michael J. Ritt Jr.

Roy2023

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 27, 2023
Enjoyed reading this post of different people reading different books. I find it very interesting of what people are reading to improve their life or business, or both. Good list of books to add to my collection. Thank you.

ExistingExpert

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Jun 4, 2023
The One Thing by Gary W. Keller.
It seems to me more like a compilation of some techniques of 90% of the self-help books out there, but sometimes, that is just what you need.

andyhaus44

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 17, 2017
St. Charles, MO
No more meltdowns by Jed Baker (a positive parenting book), better than I expected

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
It's not a book but I came across someone who said The Men Who Built America is a must watch and it's on YouTube. It's a docu series.

I watched the first 2 episodes and it's a very good watch.

It goes back to days of Vanderbilt, Rockefeller, Carnegie.

therealemg

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 8, 2023
Toronto

Awaken the Giant Within - Tony Robbins (read it before, but recently started reading it again).

An Introduction to Psychology (can't remember by whom, but its the university type handbooks, so it often succeeds in putting me asleep - the theory bits that is).

How life imitates chess - Gary Kasparov (I'm about halfway through this one - was wondering how to become great in chess/life, and this book seemed like a fit).

Successfull Interpersonal Communication - Another handbook (still to start reading it).

How to have kick-a$$ ideas - Chris Barez-Brown. (I'm about 75% through this book, and so far I think it is a great book. It has great exercises, lots of pictures/drawing that makes it an easy read, and is immensely useful in coming up with creative ideas to make the most of your opportunities (a rephrase from 'problems' :)).

Your idea can make you rich - Its from the guys who run the Dragon's Den. So far I'm not really impressed as it feels like the 'same-old' entrepreneur advice in a million other books, but I'm not done reading it completely yet, so I might still change my opinion.

The Complete Guide to Flipping Properties - Steve Burgess (I'm still to start reading this one though - I bought it thinking it would be specific to the UK market, but it isnt, so I'll read it further into the future).

What are you reading?
Been reading The Way of The Superior Man by David Deida

Mr.Nichan

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jul 18, 2023
Stockholm, Sweden
The Art of Thinking Clearly - Rolf Dobelli. A book about fallacies and how we are affected by them. This was a SUPER interesting read and I will read again as soon as I get the time. If you have even the faintest interest in psychology this is a MUST read. Many sections will be very valuable from a business standpoint.

The Motive - Patrick Lencioni. This one is about Management and how to run a company and manage the everyday tasks in a company with at least a fairly large number of employees. Still a great read to get you thinking like a manager should think.

"MOVE" The 4-question go-to-market framework - Sangram Vajre. The title says it all. Its a great framework to use in continuous cycles to go-to-market more precise and efficient.

Getting Things Done - David Allen. THE book about organizing your life in general to declutter your mind and to become more efficient in action taking.

$100M Offers - Alex Hormozi. Awesome book about constructing your offer so that the customer would feel stupid saying no. GREAT value, you should read it at least 3 times and apply a few techniques and tips from the book each time. Then read it some more. The book is so jam packed with value that you cant take it all in on one read.

Edit: (Bonus. $100M Leads - Alex Hormozi is released in the end of August, I cant wait to read it!)

Vasudev Soni

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 31, 2022
Ghaziabad, IN
Four Hour Work Week, Tim Ferriss (Attempting to decipher if its slowlane, or fastlane.)
Did you figure it out? I tried to read it, but didn’t find it any good.
Would love to hear your thoughts on it.

Michal__

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Mar 13, 2023
Right now I am reading:
The Great Rat Race Scape,
Work the System,
Agile Software - Robert C. Martin,
Start small, stay small

and a few other books I abandoned and might return to later...

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
I don't typically read fiction, but I really enjoyed the Wool series by Hugh Howey.

Initially, I found the books by starting to watch the Apple TV series. Which I highly recommend! It's called SILO.
I finished season 1 and I couldn't wait for season 2 so I started reading the books.

images

"From Book 1: This is the story of mankind clawing for survival, of mankind on the edge. The world outside has grown unkind, the view of it limited, talk of it forbidden. But there are always those who hope, who dream. These are the dangerous people, the residents who infect others with their optimism. Their punishment is simple. They are allowed to go outside."

Why are these people living underground? Why is it that when people are sent outside to "clean" they die? Find out.

In this order:
1. Wool (https://www.amazon.com/dp/1476733953/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20)
2. Shift (https://www.amazon.com/dp/0544839641/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20)
3. Dust (https://www.amazon.com/dp/0544838262/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20)

UnusualSubstance

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jul 30, 2023
United Kingdom
Ive recently read:

Traffic, expert & dotcom secrets by Russell Brunson,

$100m Offers by Alex Hormozi,

Cashvertising by Dr Eric Whitman,

Influence the psychology of persuasion by Dr Robert cialdini.

All brilliant books.

I'm currently reading: Zero To One by Peter Thiel.

Homeriscool

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jul 22, 2023
Ive recently read:

Traffic, expert & dotcom secrets by Russell Brunson,

$100m Offers by Alex Hormozi,

Cashvertising by Dr Eric Whitman,

Influence the psychology of persuasion by Dr Robert cialdini.

All brilliant books.

I'm currently reading: Zero To One by Peter Thiel.

All brilliant books!

I'm sure I know you from somewere?

EmotionEngine

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Sep 15, 2020
United States
Tools of Titans by Tim Ferris

GoldenGlow

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Mar 23, 2023
Thus Spoke Zarathustra by Friedrich Nietzsche

Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I recently got back into fiction and my favorite author, Brandon Sanderson.

I finished the third book in his Skyward series (which I stopped reading last year as I temporarily lost interest in fiction). Then I read the three currently available "secret project" books (the same ones that were responsible for the record Kickstarter, having crowdfunded over 41 million dollars to publish his four novels).

1691608633159.jpeg

I absolutely loved the fairy tale style of the first one (Tress of the Emerald Sea) and found the second one (The Frugal Wizard’s Handbook for Surviving Medieval England) really fun to read as it was so random.

I couldn't initially get into the third one (Yumi and the Nightmare Painter) because of the style and characters. After about 30% or so I started enjoying it and after 50% REALLY got into it. I spent about 3 hours this morning reading it transfixed until the end as I used to when I was a teenager devouring fiction for hours.

In the end, it was the best book out of the three. It inspired me to get back to writing fiction and creating art. I've been recently toying with the idea of dedicating more time to various types of art (not just writing but also potentially acting, singing, and perhaps painting) and this book resonated with me even more because of that.

I was a little bit hesitant about getting back to writing fiction as I felt that AI would be able to produce better stuff in a matter of a few years. But now I can't see AI ever matching the magic, the beauty of the story, and the overall craft of an extremely skilled human like Sanderson.

I no longer read any business stuff and very little non-fiction (Attia's Outlive was the last book that I found extremely valuable). I got way more value out of reading these beautifully written stories than from most of the business books I've ever read combined.

Having said that, I'm a nerd. A true alpha probably wouldn't find this valuable so don't blame me if you don't like Sanderson.

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
Currently re-reading The Diamond Age by Neal Stephenson. It's a loose sequel to Snow Crash if you've read it before. They're both amazing science-fiction books with concepts that have greatly influenced my perception of technology and our world in general. Picking up one of these books is like having a whole universe in your hand, the amount of world-building he does makes it feel real as hell.

They're both cyberpunk-esque books, but I would describe them as more post-cyberpunk though. The technology is just a bit better than real life so it's easy to relate to.

I think Naval Ravikant recommended Snow Crash in his almanac if that gives you an incentive to read it.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

On recommendation by @MJ DeMarco (in some old post I think) I decided to read What Rich People Know and Desperately Want to Keep Secret.
Already one of the best books I've ever read. Many unscripted principles in this book. Instant classic.

Vasudev Soni

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 31, 2022
Ghaziabad, IN
I just started reading Unscripted by @MJ DeMarco today. This is a long one, but I know I will get loads of knowledge from this one which will help me in my entrepreneurship journey.

SudeepRaj

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 22, 2023

What are you reading?
7 strategies to wealth and happiness by Jim Rohn . Such a nice book it is. very inspiring :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.