The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The 2015 Fastlane Meetup Pre-Plan Discussion (formerly B&P)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Almost all of the people I have offline contact with from the forum... scratch that... 100% of the people from here that I have real world contact with outside of the forum... I met face to face at either this annual gathering or at a local meet up of people from the forum.

With only a few creeper exceptions (that I know of) the face to face meet ups are the key to expanding your rolodex. By attending, and especially by presenting, you demonstrate that you're serious and that you likely can add value either now or in the future.

If they open this up to 100 attendees (which from what I heard may happen) you would be well served to grab a ticket, and then actually attend the event.
Word

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ExecutionisKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jan 3, 2014
MI
While I can appreciate your desire to learn, the way I see it is that this information is not mine to sell. One of the things that makes this meetup great is the fact that it's like-minded (but still varied) individuals coming together for the sharing of information & support of camaraderie. Some of the folks that submitted to present this year DO sell their information on different platforms. Many have already put their hard-learned lessons in threads on this forum. If there's really a niche you're interested in, I would start with a topic search on here, today (top, right hand corner of this page).

One of the things that makes this place work is the unabashed desire to, not only better oneself but, also help out others coming up along the way. I think there's way more information on this forum than you know.

Excellent points. Even though I knew presenters got a discount on tickets, I thought (not sure why) that a portion of ticket costs leftover after general expenses went to them. That's why I offered to pay. I didn't mean to come across as trying to buy info, I just wanted to be able to put in the same as (what I thought) everyone else was (and avoid boarding/traveling costs).

You're completely right about the info. I need to stop just reading whatever threads are on top that catch my eye and start searching for what I want to learn more about...:headbanger:

For the economic issue you still have some time to get the money. I am sure if you really want to go you will find a way, if not you will find an excuse ;)

Haha, skipping class would get me in trouble with parents more than teachers. Same with spending this much on what they'd call a "vacation." I'll have to really sell them on it.
They're supportive and understand small business/start ups, but they know how limited my budget is, and generally remind me of all my obligations when I make a big commitment, even though I plan well.
I would probably be smart to join on the inside first before I go this far. Would like to do both.

Starting to look into alternative boarding options (if you can still attend and stay elsewhere). Or better yet, the Sardine Room option with @GravyBoat and everyone else sounds like it would be a riot.

With only a few creeper exceptions (that I know of) the face to face meet ups are the key to expanding your rolodex. By attending, and especially by presenting, you demonstrate that you're serious and that you likely can add value either now or in the future.

Didn't realize face to face was such a big factor. Makes sense though. Succesful people who value their time want to know the people they're sharing information/advice with are actually implementing it, not just asking questions and making noise.
A needed rehash of a lesson I've read somewhere else on here, thanks.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Haha, skipping class would get me in trouble with parents more than teachers. Same with spending this much on what they'd call a "vacation." I'll have to really sell them on it.

Skip class.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
That's what I'm doing - skipping two days of school.

I sold my Xbox one for ticket money.

Watch this kid.

Because... this is what it takes.

Rep+

I hope you get a ticket as I would like to meet you.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Ditto.

The main reason I'd like to go in 2016? So I can shake the hand of the people who work so hard keeping this forum running.

Watch this kid.

Because... this is what it takes.

Rep+

I hope you get a ticket as I would like to meet you.

stairclimber

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
The main reason I'd like to go in 2016? So I can shake the hand of the people who work so hard keeping this forum running.

Andy,

I will go one step further.

I will kiss the hands of those who made this forum great .

Ebola be damned . :)

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
Andy,

I was gonna one up then i realized this could escalate really fast

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Andy,

The good news is EVERYONE at the conference makes the forum great. Except me. (I have a major germ phobia.)

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ

RoadTrip

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 27, 2012
I was already looking for the prices of tickets (coming from Europe) but then realized that my wife is due for delivery in March so I'll skip 2015. I'm putting it on my agenda for 2016. Started a new venture last week so hopefully that's up and running in 2016 too! Will start a progress thread coming week as well.

I was wondering if the presentations are being recorded? I mean, it would be great if we could access them afterwards so we don't miss out on the information. It can be made available only to INSIDERS, or for an additional charge maybe? I know I would be willing to pay for access to information that's worth way more than a few dollars.

ExecutionisKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jan 3, 2014
MI
That's what I'm doing - skipping two days of school.

I sold my Xbox one for ticket money.

Great choice. I really wanted to beat that, but in context, the only way I could is to "outskip" you on classes, unless it's worthwhile for me to buy a game system and then sell it.... ;)

Is flipping game systems fastlane? :D
:rolleyes:

jilla82

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jun 4, 2012
Chicago
is attendance open to anyone interested...or do you want a certain skill/experience level to attend?

So far ive only mastered living w/o a job.

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
is attendance open to anyone interested...or do you want a certain skill/experience level to attend?

So far ive only mastered living w/o a job.

That's a damn good start. Most people need a job like a bimbo needs a sugar daddy.

RemedySC

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 14, 2013
Saskatchewan, Canada
I'm determined to attend this year.

I have some vacation/sick time saved up, so days off won't be a problem.

Not worried about having money to go. I'll sell my ps4 if I have too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!