The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Chasing Paper: Ubermen$ch Race

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...
Status
Not open for further replies.

FastlaneTiger

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 27, 2014
Not the USA
challenge-denied-rage-face.jpg

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
This will, in fact, be my final post on this site UNTIL video evidence of our $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ amount is posted.

much of this gym advice would be fit for your big empty words:

to not waste your time because you may be busy, this is a shorter version:

tYW4Uh6[1].gif

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
The forum software has pretty sophisticated back office ways to match and ban rule violators. So, to anyone else who stumbles upon this thread, we value the fact that you're here, but if you want to play games with our members... you'll find yourself on the outside looking in.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
It would be an unfair race if a few people from TMF joined. Because taking action for years will = more money than just starting the race.

I'm not saying you both can't do well, but I am saying that it's a stereotypical grandiose statement of a "get rich quick" idea that just simply doesn't work in the fastlane.

In one of the Olympic Games, Ben Johnson used steroids and ran a 9.79. Carl Lewis came in second place and ran a 9.86. At the time, even 9.86 broke the incumbent world-record.

Test results later revealed that Ben Johnson had used steroids. It was an "unfair race," but you could make the argument that Johnson's superhuman performance pushed Lewis to break the record.

FYI, Usain Bolt's current world record is 9.58.

Just a little food for thought.

@AlterJoule

You asked me what I'm looking for. As I type this, @ChasingPaper is on the phone with a business partner of mine, working on closing a deal that will add $30,000.00 to our side of the race.

I am on the phone with a client that will add just under $500,000.00 to our side of the race.

@FastlaneTiger

Don't trip over the crazy rants you posted here. You have two valid excuses. One, you are young. Two, you're not an American. I'll elaborate on the latter.

Eastern Europe has significant differences. We Americans are cocky, and you really can't blame us. With the atom bomb, we won World War II in epic fashion. Look at our history. Look at all of the cures for diseases our scientists have discovered. Look at all of the extreme entrepreneurial success. No other nation has so thoroughly enjoyed the fruits of capitalism. Men JP Morgan, Andrew Carnegie et al stand as glorious testaments to the self-creating power latent in a free-market society.

Where you come from, you don't have giants like this to look up to, to mimic or study. Fortunately for you, however, you have the Forbes 400, which tells you all about the richest Americans alive right now. The quick facts: Around 70% are self-made. Let me repeat that. The Forbes 400, which is the list of the richest Americans alive today ($1,000,000 doesn't even get you on the list these days), tells readers that two-thirds are literally self-made. This fact should fill you with overwhelming joy and unbeatable confidence. If they did it, why not you?

Your culture isn't like mine. Here, I have 50 Cent giving me the proper response to accusations of crazy (3:00 - 3:19). Crazy? No.

I am completely and utterly psychotic, mentally deranged enough to believe that I can put four commas next to my name. Let me tell you a little something about crazy, k?

Two years ago, I began working on my current project. It wasn't easy, and to be honest, I sometimes thought of quitting. Often, when I posted on this site, my "big declarations" were not for the benefit of anyone but myself. I was simply reminding myself of my capabilities.

In hindsight, I could have avoided much of this pain by choosing better influences. Like 50 says in the above video, you will get as far as the person you talk to for no reason. In other words, don't waste your time with people who aren't where you want to go and aren't going there.

Anyway, back to two years ago. Around the time I started my project, I went to a 9:00am appointment downtown Chicago. The scene I saw scared the living hell out of me. On both sides of the street, huge masses of people in work clothes shuffled and filed into office buildings all over Michigan Ave. The fear I felt was intense, and I could feel it in my chest.

I can never waste my life like that, I thought.

I am no stranger to action. You don't develop the skills to play Chopin and Beethoven with your eyes closed - or a physique with 5% bodyfat capable of outrunning 90% of the players in the NFL in a 40 yard dash - without fully understanding and applying the principles of perfect and repetition.

Random thought: MJ became a millionaire at 31. I'm not 30 yet. By time this race is over - October 31st - I will be.

@Vigilante
"We're not huge advocates of chasing money.

If you create value, money follows.

If you chase money, some times it works, but most of the time it involves compromise and failure.

There has to be a reason, and the reason isn't simply because you want to chase paper.
"

I call bullshit on this. Who slayed the Gods on Mt. Olympus and made you the omniscient oracle of money making?

Just kidding.

Logically, it is an indisputable fact that the desire to "chase paper" precedes the need to create value. Why ELSE are you trying to create value in the first place? If you don't want to make money, I see no need to create value in the first place. The money you make from a hustle is like the results you see in the mirror after working out and eating right. A personal trainer could say "create the burn and the good physique follows" and "there has to be a reason, and the reason isn't simply because you want a good physique."

@Vigilante

I also disagree about the "meaningless" big declarations. They mean a whole lot. They mean the world to me, actually. I'm not trying to win an argument with my words; that will be accomplished with my actions. I don't know you, or anyone on this site, really. I've met some people, talked to them on the phone away from here, and some of them were interesting. Some even seemed to want to hustle with me, but when push came to shove, @ChasingPaper

You've been here five years, mostly in the shadows. It's time to either put up or shut up.

Make it happen. Looking forward to your victory pictures.

@S&P
The dude constantly fighting, training, sprinting, lifting and sweating to improve his body does so because for many reasons. Having a good physique helps you win with the ladies. Having strength and power means you can take that shit-talkin' punk on the street and "fold his a$$ up on the concrete," as a buddy of mine hilariously puts it.

The same is true for money. The want and need for money is primal; it allows you to take care of what's really most important: your family, your friends, your loved ones, etc. That's the only reason you need to find a need. Don't get your reasons backwards. Don't get it twisted.

Anyway, I am exceedingly aware of the fact that, aside from @ChasingPaper, no one showed the professionalism, action and consistency necessary to win. Communicating with anyone on this forum is not going to make me any money. That's not a diss to anyone here; it's just a statement of fact.

On your marks. Get set. Go.

See you in a year.

PS. @ChasingPaper Go ahead and switch the style up, and if they hate them let em' hate and watch the money pile up.

Last edited:

S&P

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Nov 11, 2013
Count me in.

This isn't a value adding post I'm about to write. It's just raw, naked, uncut truth. Here goes....

The past 4 months of my life I have lived the process. Every single day I wake up at crack of dawn and take a cold shower. I grab a pen paper and create my to do list for the day. 80% of the time everything on that list gets crossed off.

I WORK 7 DAYS A WEEK. I DO WHAT I'VE NEVER DONE BEFORE IN ORDER TO ACHIEVE RESULTS NEVER HAD BEFORE.

The process is lonely. I have only had sex (a 1 night stand) once in the last 4 months. My greatest companion is Eric Prydz's music who is with me every step of the process. I spend a lot of time in isolation and only interact with my business partner most often. Eric Prydz is with me while I grind 12 hours alone in my room. While I train with passion/intensity/rage/fear/love never seen before. It is my only release before I go back to the process.

It was Ubermensch's posts that fueled this madness. When I joined this site I read the great posts of zen*******, Vigilitante, MJ DeMarco, Laverdure, Coallison, Allen etc. and felt sparks of hope and higher consciousness. Looking back, I was still action faking. All I did for the last 2 years prior to this process was half a$$ everything. I had sex all day long with toxic girlfriends and lived a sidewalkers reality. Drifting from quick financial hit and event to the next. Always UNCONSCIOUSLY circumventing the process and NEVER adding any value. There was pain in my heart and soul that led me here. Why were all my previous projects failures? Always learning lesson but never producing any real lasting, life changing success. I was frustrated and war torn.

In the past 4 months I have been scared shitless. I have invested everything I have into this. I'm living dangerously. I feel more inspired, more creative, more alive then ever before. I volunteer as a coach for the special olympics helping athletes with special needs. I read. I create value for our future customers in the ways of articles/ebooks and insights. I'm a value and needs chaser. I love the hell out of everyone I interact with. I'm no longer trying to fulfill my own selfish desires. THE PROCESS AND THIS SITE HAS KILLED THAT UGLY SIDE OF MY CHARACTER.

I watched my business partner move mountains and cities to raise capital for our venture. I WITNESSED HIM CLOSE DEALS AND GET SHIT DONE.
We studied the tapes of zen*******'s Capital Raising Conference Calls and his raising capital secrets course. We had to learn new skills in a very short time span.

We are both DEAD BROKE financially from a lifetime of lessons. WE are both WEALTHY IN GUTS, HEART AND ACTION.

We got things done.

The process continues.

RI$E

Last edited:

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
Weren't you buying a bugatti?

Yes, I am. My goal is to do so by time I am MJ's age when he sold his business. I have ~ 1.5 years to accomplish this.

If you think I'm not out here grinding, not making money, then you're simply wrong. Like a lot of people on this site, I work 80+ hours per week. During my off hours, I train intensely.

Don't get me wrong. I understand the responses I've gotten very well... there's really no empirical way for anyone to distinguish me from a troll, except for what I've posted on the forum about past success. Those successes came during multi-year hiatus from this site. I simply chose not to share them at the time, for many reasons.

For one, I don't consider making six-figures in a week or $48,000 in a month a major success. Even if I had posted pictures of my penthouse condo, and all of my designer shit, that wouldn't have been worth it to me. In my mind, the foundation of this site centers on a love for the finer things in life, particularly cars. So, especially because I was (sort of mis)quoted in the original book, I feel like I have a responsibility to post the sickest car ever made. The fact that I want a Bugatti shouldn't get everyone's panties in a bunch.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Must be hard to type. You must use voice recognition.
I wrote an email to Apple, requesting they add Pteradactyl as one of their included languages. They wrote me back saying how because we're a minority, the cost to develop this is worth more than our customer base. Now I cry at night.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
Man I used to think so much similar to the way you're talking... Then I grew up. (I'm 21 by the way)

All this talk of grinding and dollars, flashy bullshit, wealth, prosperity (I've bolded a few things in your language that I am attributing this to), you have it all freaking backwards man, and you'll get it someday, hopefully.

@ChasingPaper

Bro, this guy is right. He's so smart. Definitely smarter than me and you.

Seriously, bro. He's right. Forget the Lamborghini. MJ was dumb for buying one, and we are both dumb for wanting to buy one. Jokes on him and everyone else who bought a nice whip.

We should definitely lower our ambitions.

Dude, we had it freaking backwards the whole time. Silly us for listening to morons like Gordon Gekko.

(Instead, we should listen to the haters in this thread. Funny how the haters come in and hate, while simultaneously denying the existence of hate, eh?

Funny how people who don't know us - like we know us - like to talk a lot of ish about who will be successful and who won't... they're doing a lot of assuming, aren't they brother? They're assuming we aren't working together behind the scenes. They're assuming I haven't made any paper yet...

Heh-heh-heh... but you've seen the pictures of the racks...)

Time to switch the plan, bro. Stop making phone calls. No more voice mails. That excitement from successful calls you had yesterday? Means nothing.

Last edited:

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago

Running fast is good.

No.

Running fast is very good. Running fast wins you gold medals. Running fast makes you look better than all of the other guys in the race; those guys ran to slow!

This website is called The Fastlane. Going fast it seems, may indeed be great.

If you go to Germany, you can drive a Lamborghini very fast.

This is good.

And so, since going fast seems to be, in fact, spectacularly awesome, it seems that going the FASTEST is...

the best.

And so, this is an official challenge to all of The Fastlane's non-millionaire members.

@ChasingPaper and Ubermensch challenge any and all current Fastlane members to a hustling challenge.

The challenge is: Who can make the most money between 10.31.2014 and 10.31.2015?

Why those dates, you ask?

Oh. You want to know the reason? Good. I thought you'd never ask.

Well, in any race, it is fair for the participants to know when the race starts.

However, most importantly, I imagined a conversation with Dr. HAHA Lung, and he said that using Halloween seems downright, utterly spooky.

Some people will dress up as Bane from The Dark Knight Rises. I have a tattoo of Bane on my right bicep. He has been with me for the past two years, during every step of the planning process.

And that time has finally come to an end.

Bane is a neat guy. Bane's all about that action. Bane is a man of few words. Bane is a little crazy...

HAHA...

Anyway,

This will, in fact, be my final post on this site UNTIL video evidence of our $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ amount is posted.

Until then, I salute any takers to this challenge. Get at @ChasingPaper via PM if you're in.

Or, you can join us.

Ubermensch out.

Last edited:

liquidglass

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 24, 2011
Usually I don't post on threads like this, but dude, do something already.

You talk a lot, you make a lot of threads, all saying how amazing you're going to be doing, but you stop short when it comes to action.

I don't expect you to respond because you don't have proof of your "$$$$$" as you put it.

If you're wanting to run a marathon (the challenge/race) but all you've done for two years is 'plan' then you're going to fall out fairly quickly.

I think I may just let Vigilantes post echo my opinion in the future on the other threads you'll inevitably create.

AlterJoule

Busy Working.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Aug 7, 2014
I've read his blogs because I was curious. Seems he feeds off of being told he can't and won't. Almost like it drives him..
If you read them you'll see what I mean. Interesting.

AlterJoule

Busy Working.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Aug 7, 2014
The forum software has pretty sophisticated back office ways to match and ban rule violators. So, to anyone else who stumbles upon this thread, we value the fact that you're here, but if you want to play games with our members... you'll find yourself on the outside looking in.

Attachments

• iwish.jpg
    iwish.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 34

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
We're not huge advocates of chasing money.

If you create value, money follows.

If you chase money, some times it works, but most of the time it involves compromise and failure.

There has to be a reason, and the reason isn't simply because you want to chase paper.
Just a friendly competition. Already have people in was just seeing if more wanted to join. I knew my name would get bad attention on here. I don't even care. I did it because my first name is Chase and I thought it was a cool name. I'm not literally chasingpaper. I'm chasing value which then creates the paper.

Be water my friend
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
May 17, 2014
O..'.....
Bugatti-Veyron-3_j_2531079b_zps527f1946.jpg

Last edited:

FastlaneTiger

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 27, 2014
Not the USA
I think the Bugatti is overrated. Buy a golden Ferrari instead. haha

FeaRxUnLeAsHeD

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Nov 27, 2014
USA
Yes, I am. My goal is to do so by time I am MJ's age when he sold his business. I have ~ 1.5 years to accomplish this.

If you think I'm not out here grinding, not making money, then you're simply wrong. Like a lot of people on this site, I work 80+ hours per week. During my off hours, I train intensely.

Don't get me wrong. I understand the responses I've gotten very well... there's really no empirical way for anyone to distinguish me from a troll, except for what I've posted on the forum about past success. Those successes came during multi-year hiatus from this site. I simply chose not to share them at the time, for many reasons.

For one, I don't consider making six-figures in a week or $48,000 in a month a major success. Even if I had posted pictures of my penthouse condo, and all of my designer shit, that wouldn't have been worth it to me. In my mind, the foundation of this site centers on a love for the finer things in life, particularly cars. So, especially because I was (sort of mis)quoted in the original book, I feel like I have a responsibility to post the sickest car ever made. The fact that I want a Bugatti shouldn't get everyone's panties in a bunch.

Man I used to think so much similar to the way you're talking... Then I grew up. (I'm 21 by the way)

All this talk of grinding and dollars, flashy bullshit, wealth, prosperity (I've bolded a few things in your language that I am attributing this to), you have it all freaking backwards man, and you'll get it someday, hopefully.

Two main problems with this:

1. All of this talk is just talk. Get off the sidewalk and get in the road
2. Money is a tool, and will not bring you success.

I don't care how much flashy shit you have. I don't care if your bank account has 100 more zeros in it than mine or anybody elses on this forum.

Here's a few important pieces I have learned to go from where I am in a frame of mind today, to where I was when I was in your shoes (Over the course of about 2 years in personal development)

• Money is a TOOL. It's a RESOURCE. That's IT. It does NOT bring you success. It for sure as hell doesn't bring you real happiness. Go read topics on this forum where there are plenty of people driving flashy cars and wearing flashy shit, and they aren't happy. The richest people are usually the most undercover guys you know.. They don't need a shiny belt buckle and a fat wallet loaded with cash to assure themselves they have 'succeeded' . There's a quote someone has in their sig that I saved today. It goes like this "Happiness, true happiness, is an inner quality. It is a state of mind. If your mind is at peace, you are happy. If your mind is at peace, but you have nothing else, you can be happy. If you have everything the world can give - pleasure, possessions, power - but lack peace of mind, you can never be happy." -Dada Vaswani
  • Comparing yourself to other people, with your statement about 1.5 years off the age when M.J made a million dollars, or even this entire thread, will put you in a *TERRIBLE* place. I see you 'train', and I briefly skimmed your 1st blog post, so i'm assuming by train you mean weight training. I've been weight lifting and bodybuilding since I was 16 years old, and I can tell you from personal experience (and i'm sure you can attest to it yourself), if you constantly compare yourself to other people you will never be happy and you will always be frustrated because there's always someone better, someone who can bench more, someone who is bigger than you, faster, stronger, someone with a shiner belt, a fatter watch, a faster car, etc. The day you realize it's yourself versus yourself is the day you become a man. You are only up against YOU.
  • Your language in the above statements TELLS ME where your focus is, and it's on all the flashy bullshit. You need to do some soul searching and really grasp the concept of "it's not about materialistic things in this world" and "it aint all about me" to understand this. For me it took a year of solitude, meditation, and asking myself a lot of questions and really searching for answers. It took mentors, books, listening to people who are where I want to be in life, and I don't mean that in a material object or wealth manner. I mean that in a level of how they conduct themselves, how they make other people feel, and their contributions to the world. When I read each and every one of your posts, all I hear is the selfishness of how much money you want to make for your own personal gratitude. Nobody, and i mean nobody will want to do business with you if that's how you come across to them, and don't think you can mask it because it will come out in your language.
  • Making a contribution, as many legendary members on here have pointed out, is what it's about. It's not about *ME* it's about *WE*. I haven't seen you add any value in any of your posts, especially in this thread. In fact, you're de-valuing this forum by clogging it up with bullshit, because I felt I wasted 10 minutes reading this thread, and for everyone on this forum, time is the most valuable asset that cannot be bought back. Once it's gone it's gone. I especially feel bad for the moderators who have to skim this bullshit to make sure the forum stays up to par. It's an utter waste, and it's utter bullshit.
Until you can grasp that, you will continue to be struck with failure, lack of success, lack of peers, and a lack of happiness. You can have all the money and the world and you will be alone and frustrated sitting in your Bugatti, asking yourself if this is what success looks like (Or maybe lying to yourself and saying it is)

I wish you luck and I hope you do some soul searching and look back at this one day and really get it.. You're still young, so I take it you'll figure it out someday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!