The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Young fastlaners group ONCE AGAIN

Anything related to matters of the mind

Bo_

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Apr 24, 2011
I've did a quick search and I discovered a few "young fastlaner group" threads which had pretty poor response and died down within a few days. There's even another closed group with 30 people on Facebook...?

So I'm gonna change that.

THE AIM
I believe the big problem of most young/aspiring entrepreneurs is they get distracted and procrastinate instead of taking action. It's pretty damn hard to remain focused when ALL your friends/family/adults around you are on another path.

So.... the group is ONLY for
1) For us to stay focused, make sure all of us take action towards our goal every day
2) Networking, mingle with other young like-minded people.

I will do my best to post once every day on the Facebook group to make sure you guys take action towards your fastlane goal!

HOWEVER, only comments/likes are allowed.
This is enforced as most groups die down after there's tons of spam and irrelevant wall posts.

This group is ONLY for motivation AND networking, nothing else. No information sharing, no interesting articles, no book recommendations, no asking for advice. There are other platforms for that.

Lastly, please actively comment after joining, otherwise it'll defeat the whole purpose of the group.

Please enjoy! Here's the young fastlaners facebook group: Click me :)

-edit- I will start posting tomorrow.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

DeletedUser394

So you are essentially acting as a dictator? (Only comments/likes allowed).

What have you done/accomplished (as it relates to money/fastlane/etc) to grant you that oversight/authority?

Haha anyway, as a young person, most young people are all talk.

If you (not you specifically, but a general reference to anyone) need other people to keep you inspired... you probably don't really want to accomplish whatever your goals are to begin with.

And why not share information (advice, articles, etc)? Information is the most powerful tool you have to aid in accomplishing your goals. Feel good quotes and reminders just don't cut it.

Seems like a dumb idea to be honest. But what do I know.

Good luck everyone, but don't forget to actually do something, rather than create the illusion that you are actively doing something (when in reality you aren't).

Bo_

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Apr 24, 2011
So you are essentially acting as a dictator? (Only comments/likes allowed).

What have you done/accomplished (as it relates to money/fastlane/etc) to grant you that oversight/authority?

Haha anyway, as a young person, most young people are all talk.

If you (not you specifically, but a general reference to anyone) need other people to keep you inspired... you probably don't really want to accomplish whatever your goals are to begin with.

And why not share information (advice, articles, etc)? Information is the most powerful tool you have to aid in accomplishing your goals. Feel good quotes and reminders just don't cut it.

Seems like a dumb idea to be honest. But what do I know.

Good luck everyone, but don't forget to actually do something, rather than create the illusion that you are actively doing something (when in reality you aren't).

Lol. I don't do this to get authority. I just want to help everyone out. I would gladly give away the "privilege" of posting on the group wall every day.

And your point is..? Well okay, you're a young person that's not all talk, good for you.

And isn't getting motivation the whole point of this section of the forum..? Maybe it's just me, but everyone around me doesn't have the "fastlane mindset" nor they are open-minded enough to accept this. So the group is more of a tailwind thing, you see others taking action and you'll want to do so as well.

I do understand information is important, but only the right kind of information. Not everyone is equally interested in the same type of information at that point of time, digesting would just result to unnecessary clutter and time wasted. I'm not saying reading = wasting time, that's far from the truth. I'm saying that some types of information may suit one group but not the other. To put it simply, no one would want information that they're not interested in on their news feed, but everyone could use a daily nudge to remind themselves to work towards their goals.

D

DeletedUser394

I do understand information is important, but only the right kind of information. Not everyone is equally interested in the same type of information at that point of time

Can't make everyone happy all the time.

vielera

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Nov 2, 2011
California
A fastlane group on FB isn't a bad idea, the problem is that it's restricted to motivational posts only. Personally what motivates me is reading new/stories of people who started from nothing and are now millionaires, stories of successes and failures, things from where I can learn and take something out of it for myself. People that are DOers motivate me, not someone posting motivational quotes and does nothing with his/her life. I have loads of friends on FB who post motivational stuff multiples times a day and what do they do with their life? Spend 6 hrs on FB everyday. They let the whole world know what they eat, when they take a crap, that they had sex 5 min ago. I mean, seriously? Also, what happened to other fastlane groups? People are too lazy. They join, feel like a million bucks..(being part of a fastlane group and all), and well it stops there.

Bo_

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Apr 24, 2011
Can't make everyone happy all the time.

Yes, that's why the group is only serving one purpose which is to motivate. That's why niche markets work. When everyone comes together to post different articles, in the end, it will irritate everyone.

Lol but come to think of it you guys are right. I shouldn't bother helping people who won't help themselves.

Sorry for the spam. Any mod please close the thread

Bo_

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Apr 24, 2011
People that are DOers motivate me, not someone posting motivational quotes and does nothing with his/her life.

I originally planned it to have people post their daily progress every day. But whatever I'm no longer interested in this.

GDevDir

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Nov 9, 2011
UK
1 negative comment (which does have a few valid points) and instead of taking it as constructive criticism and potentially bettering the service you were going to offer, you take it personally and shut your whole idea down and the group was what, live less than 24hours?

also you talk in your original post about procrastination, and yet you state in the first post to start it "tomorrow" in which time you have already decided to stop it.

FWIW, i took a look at the page and WAS going to sign up once it showed some promise and dedication, I guess i took the right choice and held out ... still you can take this post as another "dig" or you can take it on the chin and try again, learn from the minor mistakes made here and potentially create something special as you initially intended to.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.