The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

You Should Strive To Be Like Chick-Fil-A

Anything related to matters of the mind

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
Who woulda thought there was a market for chicken sandwiches?

*Types as i shovel waffle fries in my mouth*

Chick-Fil-A is one of those businesses who understands what business is about. Today I made my second trip to Chick-Fil-A this year and for some reason this time I noticed how trim and polished their organization is (possibly b/c the first time i went i was with my Ex-girlfriend and i was focused on tryna avoid any direct eye contact with the huge number of females in the restaurant).
Chick-Fil-A understands . They have created AMAZING culture in their business . As soon as I stepped in i was intimidated by the large group of people waiting to order but it didnt take me long to realize that the lines were moving fast.

4 registers open getting through the lunch rush the fastest i've ever seen in a "fast-food" place do b4. All the cashiers seem genuinely polite and almost willing to help you tie your shoe if needed. I was in line behind 3 people and it seemed like it only took 1 minute b4 i was at the register . My cashier seemed happy and excited to see me like we were close friends. I placed my order , she asked my name and I stood to the side thinking "Wow that was super quick". 3 minutes later i heard "Excuse me Joseph can u step to the other side of the registers". In my mind i was like "oh man its gonna be a long wait" but once i stepped over I was greeted by another associate , she handed me my food and i was on my way.

As I went to get my straw and condiments it really sunk in . The napkins , straws , cup tops , and condiments were 100% full and stacked neatly and nicely as if done with care. The counters were clean and shiny like someone just polished them but i hadnt seen anyone over there since i came in. The store setup was "fancy" for a "fast food" restaurant everything was clean with a sleek modern design . And everyone was so polite i ever found myself being more polite then usual as i made my way through the crowded restaurant.My food was hot as if they just got done cooking it (which the may have) , I was in and out in about 7 mins and I left feeling happy and wanting to come back again.

Why You Should Strive To Be Like Chick-Fil-A

• They found a niche market with little to no competition
  • They created culture and make their customers feel special
  • They created a system to get customers in and out quickly with little to no friction
  • Their advertising and marketing is unique
  • They created better guidelines to how the employees should go about customer service
  • They adapt to please their customers such as adding healthier choices to the menu
Its no wonder Chick-Fil-A is dominating the chicken restaurant business . Bigger then Kfc even! Im sure its alot of bullet points im missing out on but you get the gist of it . Go out and be like Chick-Fil-A!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

shyles25

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 16, 2015
Is it really bigger than kfc? Idk about that but ive been to the chic fil a in manhattan, and it seemed as if they had the food made right under the counter, it was so quick lol. And they have 1 snake line instead of multiple lines which adds to how quick things move.

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
Is it really bigger than kfc? Idk about that but ive been to the chic fil a in manhattan, and it seemed as if they had the food made right under the counter, it was so quick lol. And they have 1 snake line instead of multiple lines which adds to how quick things move.
Yea it was a graph that showed how Chick-Fil-A's implementation of the better tasting and healthier choices shot them through the roof

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
http://www.businessinsider.com/why-chick-fil-a-is-beating-kfc-2016-5

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

In my area they would need 10 KFCs to match the volumes of people in and out of our 2 Chick Fil As. Their polished business model is a seriously something to be admired.

The franchise program isn't really. You are buying a lifelong comittment, you cant sell like a normal business and can't own any other businesses.

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
In my area they would need 10 KFCs to match the volumes of people in and out of our 2 Chick Fil As. Their polished business model is a seriously something to be admired.

The franchise program isn't really. You are buying a lifelong comittment, you cant sell like a normal business and can't own any other businesses.
Yesss i was kinda blown away how polished everything was . It motivated me

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
In the south where they started, between the hours of 8am-2pm, go check out their drive through line. It's wrapped around the building. Better yet, they have put measures in place to move the line faster than you'd find at McDonalds! Chic Fil A is a top notch business.

And I'd disagree with the comment about franchise. They're obviously very restrictive on who is allowed to operate a franchise (I think you have to have been a manager for a certain number of years.. 5 or 10), it means that their franchise owners operate the business on par or above corporate standards. How many crappy subway franchises have you been in? They hand those things out like crazy. It's working for Chic Fil A.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
Chik-Fil-A is the only fast food restaurant I go to. It's also the only where I don't get depressed upon entering.

• You're in and out fast. Usually, I'll have food in hand before the counter girl has even filled up my drink.
  • They give out books in the kids meals. BOOKS.
  • New: You can get a cell phone box, for the family to put their cell phones in so they can enjoy a nice conversation.
  • Food is delicious.
  • My Chik-Fil-A has employees in vests outside taking down orders on a clipboard at peak drive-thru hours... never seen this anywhere else.
  • They pay employees gym memberships. A friend got an expensive rock climbing gym membership and $150 worth of start up gear paid for by Chik-Fil-A.

As a consumer... I love Chik-Fil-A.

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
Chik-Fil-A is the only fast food restaurant I go to. It's also the only where I don't get depressed upon entering.

• You're in and out fast. Usually, I'll have food in hand before the counter girl has even filled up my drink.
  • They give out books in the kids meals. BOOKS.
  • New: You can get a cell phone box, for the family to put their cell phones in so they can enjoy a nice conversation.
  • Food is delicious.
  • My Chik-Fil-A has employees in vests outside taking down orders on a clipboard at peak drive-thru hours... never seen this anywhere else.
  • They pay employees gym memberships. A friend got an expensive rock climbing gym membership and $150 worth of start up gear paid for by Chik-Fil-A.

As a consumer... I love Chik-Fil-A.
Jeezus i didnt know about the gym membership thing, thats super fye

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States

MisterBHZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Dec 10, 2013
Memphis, TN
Chic-Fil-A is killing KFC.

Pretty much all the KFC's in my area look like ghost towns. I never go to KFC.

Meanwhile, no matter what time of day, any Chic-Fil-A that I go to looks like Obama & Lebron are having a meet & greet in the parking lot.

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
Chic-Fil-A is killing KFC.

Pretty much all the KFC's in my area look like ghost towns. I never go to KFC.

Meanwhile, no matter what time of day, any Chic-Fil-A that I go to looks like Obama & Lebron are having a meet & greet in the parking lot.
Exactly and since I'm on a diet they have a great selection of healthy choices , which is a super win

vinylawesome

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 11, 2012
2pm, go check out their drive through line. It's wrapped around the building. Better yet, they have put measures in place to move the line faster than you'd find at McDonalds! Chic Fil A is a top notch business.

And I'd disagree with the comment about franchise. They're obviously very restrictive on who is allowed to operate a franchise (I think you have to have been a manager for a certain number of years.. 5 or 10), it means that their franchise owners operate the business on par or above corporate standards. How many crappy subway franchises have you been in? They

In the south where they started, between the hours of 8am-2pm, go check out their drive through line. It's wrapped around the building. Better yet, they have put measures in place to move the line faster than you'd find at McDonalds! Chic Fil A is a top notch business.

And I'd disagree with the comment about franchise. They're obviously very restrictive on who is allowed to operate a franchise (I think you have to have been a manager for a certain number of years.. 5 or 10), it means that their franchise owners operate the business on par or above corporate standards. How many crappy subway franchises have you been in? They hand those things out like crazy. It's working for Chic Fil A.

I think what he was referring to was the fact that Chick-fil-A only works with owner operators and doesn't allow for Multi Unit owners. Thus, if your goal is to own 75 Chick-fil-A's : This is not allowed under the current agreement.

Also, with Chick-fil-A you are unable to own multiple brands.

However, Chick-fil-A's product is phonomenal and there must be something to the owner operator model as opposed to the multi unit model that brands such as KFC, Burger King, and Dunkin Donuts prefer.

Facts I gleaned from a Business INSIDERS Article:

"

Despite its success, Chick-fil-A charges franchisees only $10,000 to open a new restaurant, and it doesn't require candidates meet a threshold for net worth or liquid assets, the company told Business INSIDERS."

McDonald's, for example, requires potential franchisees to pay between $955,708 and $2.3 million in startup costs — including a $45,000 franchise fee — as well as have liquid assets of at least $750,000. Taco Bell's startup costs average $1.2 million to $2.5 million and the company requires a minimum net worth of $1.5 million and liquid assets of at least $750,000.

Chick-fil-A, on the other hand, pays for all startup costs — including real estate, restaurant construction, and equipment.

So what's the catch?

While Chick-fil-A's startup costs are low, the ongoing fees are higher than those charged by many of its rivals.

McDonald's, for example, charges an ongoing monthly service fee equal to 4% of gross sales and an additional fee for rent, which is also a percentage of sales. McDonald's franchisees have historically paid about 8.5% of sales in rent costs, though some pay as much as 12%, according to a 2013 Bloomberg report.

Chick-fil-A also prohibits most of its franchisees from opening multiple units, which can limit franchisees' potential profits.

Source:
http://www.businessinsider.com/what-it-costs-to-open-a-chick-fil-a-2016-1

Great Article about Multi unit Franchise ownership

"Flynn had known there was money in franchising, but until his dad’s Corfu purchase he hadn’t realized how much. Now 51, he says, “It’s one of the things that opened my eyes to the opportunity.” Since then, with backing first from Goldman Sachs and then from the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, he’s built Flynn Restaurant Group into the U.S.’ largest restaurant franchisee. The company owns 800 Applebee’s, Taco Bell and Panera Bread outlets and expects revenue of $1.9 billion this year. FORBES estimates the company is worth about $1.5 billion and that Flynn’s stake is worth roughly $200 million."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/amyfeld...t-franchisee-with-1-9b-revenues/#1aaf97b97d0c

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
Who woulda thought there was a market for chicken sandwiches?

*Types as i shovel waffle fries in my mouth*

Chick-Fil-A is one of those businesses who understands what business is about. Today I made my second trip to Chick-Fil-A this year and for some reason this time I noticed how trim and polished their organization is (possibly b/c the first time i went i was with my Ex-girlfriend and i was focused on tryna avoid any direct eye contact with the huge number of females in the restaurant).
Chick-Fil-A understands . They have created AMAZING culture in their business . As soon as I stepped in i was intimidated by the large group of people waiting to order but it didnt take me long to realize that the lines were moving fast.

4 registers open getting through the lunch rush the fastest i've ever seen in a "fast-food" place do b4. All the cashiers seem genuinely polite and almost willing to help you tie your shoe if needed. I was in line behind 3 people and it seemed like it only took 1 minute b4 i was at the register . My cashier seemed happy and excited to see me like we were close friends. I placed my order , she asked my name and I stood to the side thinking "Wow that was super quick". 3 minutes later i heard "Excuse me Joseph can u step to the other side of the registers". In my mind i was like "oh man its gonna be a long wait" but once i stepped over I was greeted by another associate , she handed me my food and i was on my way.

As I went to get my straw and condiments it really sunk in . The napkins , straws , cup tops , and condiments were 100% full and stacked neatly and nicely as if done with care. The counters were clean and shiny like someone just polished them but i hadnt seen anyone over there since i came in. The store setup was "fancy" for a "fast food" restaurant everything was clean with a sleek modern design . And everyone was so polite i ever found myself being more polite then usual as i made my way through the crowded restaurant.My food was hot as if they just got done cooking it (which the may have) , I was in and out in about 7 mins and I left feeling happy and wanting to come back again.

Why You Should Strive To Be Like Chick-Fil-A

• They found a niche market with little to no competition
  • They created culture and make their customers feel special
  • They created a system to get customers in and out quickly with little to no friction
  • Their advertising and marketing is unique
  • They created better guidelines to how the employees should go about customer service
  • They adapt to please their customers such as adding healthier choices to the menu
Its no wonder Chick-Fil-A is dominating the chicken restaurant business . Bigger then Kfc even! Im sure its alot of bullet points im missing out on but you get the gist of it . Go out and be like Chick-Fil-A!

really like Chick Fil A as well even though I hated the hype at first. They run a good ship and the employees arencie and friendly that I've experienced

I also like that they stick by their VALUES and are not ashamed by it

Target went after Christian values with some of their actions and boycotting has worked against them

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
really like Chick Fil A as well even though I hated the hype at first. They run a good ship and the employees arencie and friendly that I've experienced

Target went after Christian values with some of their actions and boycotting has worked against them
Exactly , it's such a attractive business lol

jmomcc

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jul 10, 2014

This seems like a going for it on fourth down situation. Sticking to values when it works is good (Chick Fil A), but bad when it doesn't (Target).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.