The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Free Chick-fil-A for a year!

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas

ljean

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 22, 2017
USA
A couple days ago my son wanted Jimmy Johns for dinner so I took him over but it was $1.00 sub day and the line was out to the street and people were parking blocks away. I dont know how long the wait would have been, but certainly not worth saving $4.00 on a sandwich.

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
Marketers are getting GOOD in the worst way lmao . I'm tryna figure out how to master "ethical marketing" which is probably a false term haha . But I noticed that now days nothing is really what it seems , everything has a catch to it . I'm tired of it so I'm focused on learning to successfully market the truth

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
Isn't this more sidewalk behavior? Haha

I once stood on line for a hat when I was 16. Looking back at it, shit was sad as hell.

Last edited:

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
Average Chick-Fil-A meal cost $5.95 x 52 weeks = A whopping $309.40 value.

Congratulations.... you played yourself. (And added 10-20 lbs to your waistline.)

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
May 29, 2013
I more shocked some of you all didn't know this or are surprised by it.

Anytime you give something away for free, it's generally backed by some low end prepaid offer instead.

Ever see anyone give away a free Florida beach vacation? It's real and it happens.

What is it typically? The owner of the company lets you stay at his condo "near" the beach. No real cost to him and you pay your own flight/travel to and from and also meals, etc. The vacation is just a crummy condo that sits a couple streets away that isn't costing anyone, anything. And when I say condo, I mean the most basic hotel cheap hotel room you ever stayed in type of condo.

Everything else is left to you though. Value, prob $150 for a 3 night stay ( which it typically is ) during the middle of the week ( because the owner will be there during the weekend ).

Under-Dog

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Jan 16, 2015
So.Cal
A couple days ago my son wanted Jimmy Johns for dinner so I took him over but it was $1.00 sub day and the line was out to the street and people were parking blocks away. I dont know how long the wait would have been, but certainly not worth saving $4.00 on a sandwich.

It's crazy! I remember maybe 2-3 years ago krispy kreme did a promo for their anniversary, a dozen donuts for .70 cents. Line was ridiculous! My girlfriend at the time was dying to go and me not dealing with that sent her on her own (shame on me) she came back 3 hours later with a box of donuts. Wow... 3 hours wait to save $5-6? No thanks.

Just goes to show on consumer behavior at their excitement of a "great deal" their rationing skills are thrown out by their emotions.

Last edited:

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
My girlfriend at the time was dying to go and me not dealing with that sent her on her own (shame on me) she came back 3 hours later with a box of donuts. Wow... 3 hours wait to save $5-6? No thanks.
:rofl: No, you did the right thing.

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
Just goes to show on consumer behavior at their excitement of a "great deal" their rationing skills are thrown out by their emotions.
Absolutely! Applying this to marketing/advertisement is key for achievement.

Emotions > Logic
(From a consumer perspective)

YoungBroward

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
May 15, 2016
I once waited an hour at an In N' Out drive thru so I can eat In N' Out. At full price
The first and only time ill ever be at in n out I waited 45 min...... it wasn't worth it one bit... to much hype over that place

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I still have a big silver coin (FREE burger at In & Out) that one of my old customers gave me. I guess I need to give it to the lil woman so she can use it. I think there's one down by the museum. I have a question though.... why are there always lines? Is the process slow? Are the workers slow? Are there just THAT many people eating there? If the process is slow, why not take a lesson from QT? I'd figure ALL businesses would want to take a lesson from QT. At one time when I had a lot of workers I came really close to going to work for QT so I could see how they train their people.... I just couldn't push myself to work for anyone, even if it was for just a few days.

Under-Dog

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Jan 16, 2015
So.Cal
I still have a big silver coin (FREE burger at In & Out) that one of my old customers gave me. I guess I need to give it to the lil woman so she can use it. I think there's one down by the museum. I have a question though.... why are there always lines? Is the process slow? Are the workers slow? Are there just THAT many people eating there? If the process is slow, why not take a lesson from QT? I'd figure ALL businesses would want to take a lesson from QT. At one time when I had a lot of workers I came really close to going to work for QT so I could see how they train their people.... I just couldn't push myself to work for anyone, even if it was for just a few days.

Honestly, I believe there are just that many people eating at in n out. Especially during lunch rush oh man it's extremely crowded. I've seen the pace of the workers at many different locations and they do not move slow one bit. It's a demanding pace I think that's why in n out pays their employees over minimum wage. Also, everything is made fresh not pre-packaged as you'd find at a lets say McDonald's. In n out has also been expanding to new territories and renovating a lot of older looking restaurants so they must be doing it right. People also love in n out for their customer service

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
How much do they pay to get their people to move fast?

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
I once waited in line at the grand opening of a Montgomery Ward Electric Avenue (remember those?), to get a little football signed by an NFLer who must not have been that good, given that I can't remember his name.

Want more? I've got more....... :(

Jürgen T

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
May 5, 2017
Germany
Reminds me a lot of campaigns like:

"Every 100th customer gets their items for free!"

And every time there are masses of people wasting time better spent elsewhere, throwing out money they can't really afford to give away on items they don't need. Because, just as MJ has written, they are pursuing the event which will make them rich.

"What if I am the 100th customer? I'd make thousands of dollars in seconds!"

Under-Dog

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Jan 16, 2015
So.Cal
This thread reminds me of people camping and lining outside of stores sometimes for days on black Friday. Makes no sense to me

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

At which time you said, "Son, see these idiots? Your time and your life is more valuable than four dollars." :p

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
While I have it made, I don't live my life around money. Fun is more important to me.... or else we wouldn't waste a ton of money on racing. Sometimes it's the experience. If my grandson wanted to go to In & Out and stand in line for an hour I would go once. A budget is fine but once that ego is off your shoulder.... fun rules!

$2.50 over minimum? Hell our minimum was $7.25 and I was offering $15 to start in 2007! In & Out must have a good system if they serve a lot of people fast. That's the problem with places like Taco Bueno, their system sucks and makes them really slow.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.