The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

You copywriters are being replaced by AI..

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
Some find solace in the idea that humans will soon be connecting computers directly to their brains, but consider this.

Imagine how much faster machine learning will take place when machines can measure exactly what's going on in people's brains when they read the machine produced copy.

They will literally know what lines trigger what emotions and when people lose interest. The measurements will be so precise that the quality of product will skyrocket.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
604%
Oct 16, 2014
When I look at ML (I hate how the term AI is being used because there is no intelligence, it’s just learned things from huge datasets), the real true value will come when it can create individualized copy for each and every person.

Dynamic copy as it where. The ML algorithm follows you around the internet, watches everything you do. Then based on YOU generates copy that is more likely to trigger you.

When I look at things like AI/ML I don’t ask how can this replace what a human does.

I’m asking, what and how can this do things that a human is incapable of. Dynamic copy would be an example of this.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
AI will never learn human empathy -- which is at the core of great copywriting.

I actually believe that when AI gets advanced enough, it can learn and perfect human empathy. Might be some time away from now though. Let's not forget, AI technology is still in its infancy and is still progressing everyday......what we're seeing now is like when the first mainframe was invented VS quantum computing in 2019, and current AI is in the mainframe stage.....

Bertram

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 25, 2015
Virginia

Writing copy is driven by common language elements and metrics that can be measured...a perfect task for AI, and at least 250 big companies are replacing copywriters with computers.
A computer will never replicate my mind. Sure AI can write prose in its tacky, stupifying machine genre. And yes, writing software helps writers generate hack movie scripts. They look and feel like software-designed housing with ludicrous, boring massing and easily dated style. No, AI can't synthesize the innovative edge. It can only write like a machine.
As its limitations are exposed on the simplest clerical level, human scribes are back on the scene. One example is the new task of medical scribe, where a physician's assistant inputs information in real time, using his mind, during a medical examination. The physician used to compose reports following the exam, then a few software companies tried to enable the physician to input data in real time during exams, which produced a hybrid software prose and maddening errors and holes. So the humans are back.

Bertram

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 25, 2015
Virginia
Honest question. How goods the copy gotta be anyway when your target audience has a 6th graders reading ability?
6th grade reading ability has nothing to do with cognitive style.
An independent thinker is physiologically adapted to process info without relying on contextual prompts and cues. You are on the extreme end of resistance to entrancement and are an independent or self-cuer if you are the kind of person who notices crookedly hanging picture frames. It does not matter how well you read. The corollary applies to well-educated people who feel like smiling and nodding only because everyone else is doing it. These people are easy to direct and mislead.

Last edited:

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
I’m asking, what and how can this do things that a human is incapable of. Dynamic copy would be an example of this.

This is a great question and way of thinking about machine learning.

To think one level deeper and beyond the obvious... that's where the real opportunities are.

Dan_Cardone

Losers make excuses. Winners find solutions.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jul 23, 2019
A computer will never replicate my mind. Sure AI can write prose in its tacky, stupifying machine genre. And yes, writing software helps writers generate hack movie scripts. They look and feel like software-designed housing with ludicrous, boring massing and easily dated style. No, AI can't synthesize the innovative edge. It can only write like a machine.
As its limitations are exposed on the simplest clerical level, human scribes are back on the scene. One example is the new task of medical scribe, where a physician's assistant inputs information in real time, using his mind, during a medical examination. The physician used to compose reports following the exam, then a few software companies tried to enable the physician to input data in real time during exams, which produced a hybrid software prose and maddening errors and holes. So the humans are back.
I don't think you give future AI enougn credit.

Bertram

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 25, 2015
Virginia
I don't think you give future AI enougn credit.
Probably not, you're right. OK so I'll drop the link to spoken languages as well. What languages does that leave, and can AI communicate with humans through these alternate parameters?

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Probably not, you're right. OK so I'll drop the link to spoken languages as well. What languages does that leave, and can AI communicate with humans through these alternate parameters?

I'll bet all my points here at FLF that eventually AI can do everything you said, and more.
People are seriously underestimating the power of AI / ML.

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 11, 2018
What's funny is the contingency plan might be to do what we love. AI replaces the workforce, overhead drops, cost of living lowers, and we're freed up from working so hard to make ends meet.

This is speculation, but assuming things go that route, and I'm average Joe out of work (but not struggling for money) then I turn to hobbies, passions, exploration, creation to fill my time. I assume others would do the same. They wouldn't just sit around and wait to die (some might).

Coaching will be even more popular as this happens since we'll seek teachers and mentors to help us learn new skills that we didn't have time for before. We may turn to AI for some of this as well, but many people will still fear AI and will seek the human connection.

Creativity will probably be replicated at some point. The last safe haven seems like it could be individual creativity. Unless AI can somehow form my ideas and create them before I'm capable of doing so.

Beyond that, it will be beneficial to own AI brands, but who knows how long that can last once we start questioning ethics in regards to machines.
I wonder whether that would ever be achievable, even if AI replaces the workforce. AI would be owned by the same 5-10 tech giants as usual, someone would have to work for real to improve AI, etc. If the rest of the world are out of work, what are they going to live from (where are they going to earn their money from)? Will technology be free for everyone to use so people don't need money to live? Or will all the money and tech be in 5-10 companies hands and everyone else will be starving?

I think we are heading toward an interesting time were either UBI or French guillotines will be the norm, as people won't have much work to do but will still need to get fed. It will require a big shift as a society, and we are miles away from being ready. Not sure we'll live long enough to see it, but it's coming.

Robert Brown

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 21, 2019
It's awesome. Surprised!
To write a great copy I will prefer profession copywriter.

Rugvlad

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 2, 2019

Writing copy is driven by common language elements and metrics that can be measured...a perfect task for AI, and at least 250 big companies are replacing copywriters with computers.

Creative jobs like copywriting are one of the 50% of jobs that WON'T be replaced by AI.

Anything agency, service or knowledge based is highly likely to be replaced... and SOON!

Sure, copywriting is somewhat formulaic, and I guess AI could handle some parts, but in all, no-way.

Dan_Cardone

Losers make excuses. Winners find solutions.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jul 23, 2019
Creative jobs like copywriting are one of the 50% of jobs that WON'T be replaced by AI.

Anything agency, service or knowledge based is highly likely to be replaced... and SOON!

Sure, copywriting is somewhat formulaic, and I guess AI could handle some parts, but in all, no-way.
You underestimate the power that AI will become.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
And just to let everyone know.... Copywriters are damn smart. They're in the 80% percentile of IQ. The fact that AI can do his so well is very impressive and perhaps a little frightening.

View: https://youtu.be/pu__97bVyOc?t=187

You underestimate the power that AI will become.
People have to get over this "AI won't be creative" stuff. They are so wrong. All creativity is is mixing ideas to create something new. AI can already do that and it's already getting better.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
People confuse what AI does now with what it will be able to do. It's only in it's very rudimentary form. We're only in the first inning guys. All AI will have to do is pull from multiple sources then it can combine things in new ways.

"It comes down to trying to expose yourself to the best things that humans have done and then try to bring those things into what you’re doing. Picasso had a saying: good artists copy, great artists steal. And we have always been shameless about stealing great ideas, and I think part of what made the Macintosh great was that the people working on it were musicians and poets and artists and zoologists and historians who also happened to be the best computer scientists in the world." – Steve Jobs

"If you're gonna make connections which are innovative ... you have to not have the same bag of experiences as everyone else does, or else you're going to make the same connections as everybody else, and then you won't be innovative, and then nobody will give you an award." – Steve Jobs

Current research says he was right.

Research backs up what Jobs intuitively understood. Psychologist Scott Barry Kaufman says that openness to new experience is the strongest personality trait for predicting creative achievement. “Thinking outside the box” may more accurately be understood as “Drawing from different boxes.” It appears that a “jack of all trades” may in fact be a potential master of creativity, and this explains why Jobs praised liberal arts and humanities.

Original research they're citing

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
OK. And how do you like these Burger King ads by AI? Probably the best ads I've seen this year.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UVZkP4-KY4

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9FIhSJDtqA

Those are good but have you ever read about Subliminal Advertising with orgies and sexual suggestions embedded in the print ads.

Sexual Suggestion in Ads

Back for an edit....when I think about it...A.I. would take this to a whole new level!

Last edited:

MythOfSisyphus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
521%
Jan 15, 2018
Australia
The arguments people are making against AI in this thread are the same arguments that have been made against almost every technological advancement in the workplace throughout history just before they were disproven.

Robots eventually did build all our cars
People were happy to pack their own groceries
Computers and ATM's did replace bank tellers
Email did kill off the written letter

Anyway... When AI gets to this point copywriting jobs might be the least of our worries.

MythOfSisyphus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
521%
Jan 15, 2018
Australia
This brought to my mind public speaking. I cannot see AI ever being able to read an audience, or stir the emotions, prompting people to act now! The human connection is essential in that case.

Am I barking up the wrong tree? Is AI never going to replace conversation?

Walter

Its not beyond the realms of possibility that AI will eventually be able to both read and replicate facial expressions, tonality etc and even analyse which ones humans respond best to in order to learn to converse as well, if not better than your average human.

Last edited:

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
A.I. is still man made well at least until we create A.I. to create A.I. but in any case TOTALLY HACK-ABLE. :)

Check out genetic algorithms.

Its not beyond the realms of possibility that AI will eventually be able to both read and replicate facial expressions, tonality etc and even analyse which ones humans respond best to in order to learn to converse as well, if not better than your average human.

It is already able to read written tonality better than I can.

BackatWorkMom

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 8, 2019
The arguments people are making against AI in this thread are the same arguments that have been made against almost every technological advancement in the workplace throughout history just before they were disproven.

Robots eventually did build all our cars
People were happy to pack their own groceries
Computers and ATM's did replace bank tellers
Email did kill off the written letter

Anyway... When AI gets to this point copywriting jobs might be the least of our worries.
As my friend is fond of saying “Do you want SkyNet? Because that’s how you get SkyNet.” I think my writing gig is safe for now.

Jakeeck

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 24, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
Here's an AI generated product description for a skin care product. I had to answer like 5 or 6 things which took like 3 minutes and then it generated this:

"Developed to combat the natural signs of aging, this Glow Serum anti-aging solution is a popular choice to help skin look and feel healthier. Enhance your skin care products with its powerful line of exclusive Serum ingredients. Healthy and effective, this water-based serum is sure to provide the skin with a youthful glow. Wrinkles are often seen as the road map of life. Keeping wrinkles from becoming an atlas is a challenge, but can be achieved with a good skin care routine. "

Not perfect with its flow, but pretty scary. Those last 2 sentences are pretty damn good. I thought for sure it had to be copied from the internet somewhere, but I didn't find anything when googling it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.