The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

You Can Die Today Wasting Time on BullSht

Destiny Warrior

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Aug 30, 2018
You Can Die Today from Anything Are You Wasting Valuable Time on BullSht

What Matters Most Now?

You can't get these precious lifetime minutes back which dies just like a phone, meaning you're killing your valuable life minutes with a slow death everyday on things that don't matter.

So, what can you be doing now to make them count. All of the things that you would have said and did which you have within your means and power to do today. What matters most now, and not later, having no worries about your future, bucket list, wish list, or dreams, but living life to the fullest today and finding gratitude in every moment that means something.

Live, Love, Laugh 100% for today as these things are not promised tomorrow, but only promised today.

Live Like it's Your Last

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Live Like it's Your Last

but people don't even know why they are living

so they can't really understand your line

you can only value something if you understand its meaning in a structure

you can try this with your relatives or anyone within your reach

" by the way, why are you on earth ? what's the point ? "

95 % of people will say these things because they don't know :

they will say " for my wife and kid , because god wants me to live there, because of the big bang theory etc. "

their answers imply that they are kind of objects in the show. puppets in the show

they will never say something like this :

" because i have a mission here "

only Masterminds and heroes will say that

ralf.jpg

by the way the masses can't understand masterminds

rall.jpg

Last edited:

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
Sometimes I wish all human beings were born with a watch or a sign which said exactly when that person was going to die.

It would make a big difference in how people go about their lives if they knew.

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
Sometimes I wish all human beings were born with a watch or a sign which said exactly when that person was going to die.

Did you ever see the movie, “In Time?” Everyone has their remaining time before they die on a countdown on their arm. It’s also used like a currency. Spend all your time on material things and you die sooner. Set up systems to pay you time and you basically live forever.

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
Did you ever see the movie, “In Time?” Everyone has their remaining time before they die on a countdown on their arm. It’s also used like a currency. Spend all your time on material things and you die sooner. Set up systems to pay you time and you basically live forever.
Never seen it, seems interesting.

Fastlane Liam

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Feb 10, 2018
United Kingdom
I struggle with this, actually. I know I need to be working and hustling, but at what exactly? Ive been doing Amazon FBA for 9 months, few success and some losses. But 99% of time is doing nothing. I need something I can just consistently and repeatedly work at. But I don't know what. Once the product research is done, listing written and keyword optimized its the fun ol waiting game for the product to arrive. Do the giveaways and all that bullshit then just wait more. Wait to have enough in my bank account to order another product. I need to start a new idea, but I have nothing. Im just directionless. I know I have to value time and have goals which I do, but I got nothing to do in that time.

Actually this plagues me alot. I worry that if I earn enough from Amazon to be job free, which I do want - what do I do then. I have the entire day to be directionless with my time. Any form of pleasure or time waiting just makes me incredibly guilty.

Sorry for this massive mind turd Ive shit into your thread, the Fastlane Hyenas will tear me to shreds but F*ck it I need to overcome my ego and get shittalked some advice.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States

It's not exact, but I used this chrome extension for a while.

Every new tab reminded me I was one week closer to being dead.

Mortality - New Tab

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
but I got nothing to do in that time.

Bullshit.

You have a website? You have an instagram? Are you getting samples or product in people's hands daily and sharing fresh content? *hint* you can pre-sell stuff using nothing but one sample.

You got an email opt-in? Does it go to a series of on-boarding/informational/branding emails? You have a cart abandonment sequence? You run any giveaways to capture emails and run a campaign on them?

You have your next 10 product launches mapped out? You promoting your product to influencers? bloggers? youtubers? instagrammers? media sites? shopping sites? industry sites? niche forums? facebook groups? local events? trade shows?

You have your wholesale pricing figured out? You have a line sheet on your product? How many stores did you contact today about stocking your product? You got a display or a rack to add to that? Have you contacted a sales rep or a distributor to help get you into stores? Have you read @Scot's wholesale thread?

What about cutting costs? Have you compared quotes for a dozen forwarders? Gone through the drayage.com directory and found the cheapest trucking from port to amazon warehouse?

You complain about not having money. Almost nothing in the above list requires money. Only time... and occasionally some free product. Hell, you don't even need product for any of the above... just the promise of product to come and some pics you took of the samples.

Any form of pleasure or time waiting just makes me incredibly guilty.

So get to work!

the Fastlane Hyenas will tear me to shreds but f*ck it I need to overcome my ego and get sh*ttalked some advice.

Hope you do at least 1 of the 30 things I listed.

Good luck.

p.s. Amazon isn't your business, it's a sales channel.

George Appiah

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Aug 16, 2018
Accra, Ghana
ralf-jpg.22067

Funny, this was written in the Christian Bible millennia earlier :)

Not to wage a holy war here, but recently I've been seeing more and more such misattributions (or rather re-attributions) of texts from religious books (across different religions).

It's like people are saying: religion is a sham: so let's secularize the wisdom in their texts, so we're not seen to be "religious".

Deepa

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 8, 2018
You Can Die Today from Anything Are You Wasting Valuable Time on BullSht

What Matters Most Now?

You can't get these precious lifetime minutes back which dies just like a phone, meaning you're killing your valuable life minutes with a slow death everyday on things that don't matter.

So, what can you be doing now to make them count. All of the things that you would have said and did which you have within your means and power to do today. What matters most now, and not later, having no worries about your future, bucket list, wish list, or dreams, but living life to the fullest today and finding gratitude in every moment that means something.

Live, Love, Laugh 100% for today as these things are not promised tomorrow, but only promised today.

Live Like it's Your Last
I definetly agree with your post and i would like to point out that the technology has become the serious distractions for todays younger generations. It is called as dopamine addiction. Instead of holding books in the early morning, the first thing that peopel like to see is phone and get pleasure from the message that they receive (the dopamine shot).

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
It's not exact, but I used this chrome extension for a while.

Every new tab reminded me I was one week closer to being dead.

Mortality - New Tab
I've once calculated exactly how much time I have left in my life assuming I live to a hundred from my current age(24), I have about 37 years left, this is after taking many things out such as toilet visits, sleep, job, higher education etc. I have 36-37 years of free time left if I were to live to a hundred.

Becoming financially free will free up much more time which will make this number rise.

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
Bullshit.

You have a website? You have an instagram? Are you getting samples or product in people's hands daily and sharing fresh content? *hint* you can pre-sell stuff using nothing but one sample.

You got an email opt-in? Does it go to a series of on-boarding/informational/branding emails? You have a cart abandonment sequence? You run any giveaways to capture emails and run a campaign on them?

You have your next 10 product launches mapped out? You promoting your product to influencers? bloggers? youtubers? instagrammers? media sites? shopping sites? industry sites? niche forums? facebook groups? local events? trade shows?

You have your wholesale pricing figured out? You have a line sheet on your product? How many stores did you contact today about stocking your product? You got a display or a rack to add to that? Have you contacted a sales rep or a distributor to help get you into stores? Have you read @Scot's wholesale thread?

What about cutting costs? Have you compared quotes for a dozen forwarders? Gone through the drayage.com directory and found the cheapest trucking from port to amazon warehouse?

You complain about not having money. Almost nothing in the above list requires money. Only time... and occasionally some free product. Hell, you don't even need product for any of the above... just the promise of product to come and some pics you took of the samples.

So get to work!

Good luck.

Absolutely spot on. In fact i'm in the process of launching a brand that doesn't rely solely on Amazon but will use as a sales channel. I'm gonna print this out and stick it above my desk.

Okraz1

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Aug 31, 2015

they will say " for my wife and kid , because god wants me to live there, because of the big bang theory etc. "

their answers imply that they are kind of objects in the show. puppets in the show

View attachment 22067

View attachment 22068

The people you call masterminds are in the same boat as the "95%". They also delude themselves that they are here for a reason, to achieve a "mission" or goal.

We come from nothing and return to nothing.

I would rather spend my life doing X rather than Z, so I will go about doing things to get me to X. In the end though, it doesn't really matter.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
Absolutely spot on. In fact i'm in the process of launching a brand that doesn't rely solely on Amazon but will use as a sales channel. I'm gonna print this out and stick it above my desk.

Do it man!

It feels good to be 100% in control of a sales channel that you own.

Envious

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Sep 26, 2017
London
I struggle with this, actually. I know I need to be working and hustling, but at what exactly? Ive been doing Amazon FBA for 9 months, few success and some losses. But 99% of time is doing nothing. I need something I can just consistently and repeatedly work at. But I don't know what. Once the product research is done, listing written and keyword optimized its the fun ol waiting game for the product to arrive. Do the giveaways and all that bullshit then just wait more. Wait to have enough in my bank account to order another product. I need to start a new idea, but I have nothing. Im just directionless. I know I have to value time and have goals which I do, but I got nothing to do in that time.

Actually this plagues me alot. I worry that if I earn enough from Amazon to be job free, which I do want - what do I do then. I have the entire day to be directionless with my time. Any form of pleasure or time waiting just makes me incredibly guilty.

Sorry for this massive mind turd Ive sh*t into your thread, the Fastlane Hyenas will tear me to shreds but f*ck it I need to overcome my ego and get sh*ttalked some advice.

While I think it's true you could be doing a lot more like @amp0193 has pointed out. Maybe you just haven't found a business model that interested you. I went through this a lot and it's taken me years to work out where my interests align.

I tried dropshipping , Amazon FBA , e-commerce , affiliate marketing and so on. And NONE of them interested me enough for me to stick with them , even though you can earn a great amount of money from each one of you stick with it ( and you can get good at it)

I realised that I like being creative and helping people, so I've moved towards a business model which is more aligned with my values and has the potential to make me a good living.

Check out @eliquid post on alignment if you haven't already.

Fastlane Liam

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Feb 10, 2018
United Kingdom
While I think it's true you could be doing a lot more like @amp0193 has pointed out. Maybe you just haven't found a business model that interested you. I went through this a lot and it's taken me years to work out where my interests align.

I tried dropshipping , Amazon FBA , e-commerce , affiliate marketing and so on. And NONE of them interested me enough for me to stick with them , even though you can earn a great amount of money from each one of you stick with it ( and you can get good at it)

I realised that I like being creative and helping people, so I've moved towards a business model which is more aligned with my values and has the potential to make me a good living.

Ay thanks for the advice man. For now Im going to keep trying to crack this nut. I haven't really had any successes in anything so its a start.

Fastlane Liam

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Feb 10, 2018
United Kingdom
Bullshit.

So get to work!

Good luck.

Hey @amp0193 thanks for the bundle of ideas that I could be doing. You've changed my perspective, Amazon is just a sales channel. Really we should be build an e-commerce brand and store which has a social media and following behind, Amazon is just a place we can sell said products.

I have actually gone away and actioned on 1 piece of your advice, the part about selling samples for pre-orders. I made a small video advert with copy, selling a magnet case. Ive actually been procrastinating the idea for a while now, because I had trouble cutting metal to glue inside. Instead I just got some rubber magnet stuff and stuck inside for the advert. Its not how the final product would be, however it works perfectly fine for an Ad. Okay admittedly I haven't sold any - Ive spent £30 on facebook ads, maybe I just need to spend more. I'll PM you the Ad if you want

Link Clicks - 268
Reach - 5,818
Impressions - 6,293
Cost per click - £0.10
Spend - £26.65

I think this is going to be my game now - create working samples of products, promote, sell for pre-order - (Act Assess Adjust). If its not wanted then move along, if parts need changing improve. Its relieving to know that a) You can put ideas out there for little cost by using samples, b) You can get market feedback on an idea without buying inventory for it

Simultaneously I'll keep doing Amazon FBA products until I find one that works. From there I'll build a brand around it. I only have 1 product on Amazon at the moment (soon to be 2) so not sure if I can open a store around just that 1 product really. Thinking of it I should. Anyway thanks for opening my mind a little.

Julius Alba

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 9, 2018
Philippines
Bullshit.

So get to work!

Good luck.

Damn it! This is so much of a gem! Thanks man! The idea of not having enough to finance my startup has been bogging me out. I've been doing worthless stuff ever since --but I know it's my call.

Again, this is a very great help!

ShamanKing

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 30, 2018
California

Wow. Thanks for sharing. I thought I was the only one not feeling that trend.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Funny, this was written in the Christian Bible millennia earlier :)

Not to wage a holy war here, but recently I've been seeing more and more such misattributions (or rather re-attributions) of texts from religious books (across different religions).

It's like people are saying: religion is a sham: so let's secularize the wisdom in their texts, so we're not seen to be "religious".
I agree wholeheartedly. In fact although I have never made notes of popular sayings or proverbs, I know that there are hundreds that are in fact quotes, or as in the case you comment upon, slight misquotes of Bible wisdom.

A lot of them have been misappropriated by people who want to appear wise, without properly attributing the quote, most likely because they are ignorant of its real origin.

For any that might be interested to check, the saying referred to is in Proverbs 29:18 and in the KJV, the full verse reads: "Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he."

NOTE: Although the book of Proverbs was written about 3,500 years ago, it contains a huge amount of sound, up-to-date wisdom, dealing with many subjects that might seem modern, such as the danger of keeping bad company, bribery and corruption in politics and the justice system, warnings against guaranteeing loans for others, injustice based on social standing, only those wise enough to learn will find wisdom, how to avoid fueling strife, the borrower is servant to the lender, etc., etc.

Walter

Last edited:

Roger FS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Aug 23, 2018
MN, USA
A fitting thread; I just returned this weekend from attending a sibling's funeral last week. Long-term depression, leading to suicide a week ago today. I lost count how many people at the funeral said they had experienced similar in their own families.

It has knocked me temporarily off my game, my focus, need to regroup this week, re-prioritize. I need to regularly assess whether I'm action faking, since it feels like little progress recently. More definitive short term and medium term goals are in order.

View attachment 22067

View attachment 22068

Fastlane Liam

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Feb 10, 2018
United Kingdom
A fitting thread; I just returned this weekend from attending a sibling's funeral last week. Long-term depression, leading to suicide a week ago today. I lost count how many people at the funeral said they had experienced similar in their own families.

It has knocked me temporarily off my game, my focus, need to regroup this week, re-prioritize. I need to regularly assess whether I'm action faking, since it feels like little progress recently. More definitive short term and medium term goals are in order.
Sorry to hear that man

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
I have actually gone away and actioned on 1 piece of your advice, the part about selling samples for pre-orders. I made a small video advert with copy, selling a magnet case. Ive actually been procrastinating the idea for a while now, because I had trouble cutting metal to glue inside. Instead I just got some rubber magnet stuff and stuck inside for the advert. Its not how the final product would be, however it works perfectly fine for an Ad. Okay admittedly I haven't sold any - Ive spent £30 on facebook ads, maybe I just need to spend more. I'll PM you the Ad if you want

That's my boy!

Now don't get too crazy spending money on ads. You don't have any product in stock. Conversions are going to be LOW.

Better off starting an instagram and just posting pics, adding relevant hashtags. Maybe you could find a youtuber in your niche who'd want to check it out and give it a review/demo.

b) You can get market feedback on an idea without buying inventory for it

Yes!

If using the pre-order or crowd-funding model, you can literally buy the inventory with customer money.

I only have 1 product on Amazon at the moment (soon to be 2) so not sure if I can open a store around just that 1 product really. Thinking of it I should. Anyway thanks for opening my mind a little.

You have to think about what this brand is going to be. Because that direction you take is going to affect your decisions day to day. Yes, you have one product. But what other products go with this, that would make sense to add in the future? What other products would customers of product #1 want to buy?

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013