The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Yes but what if you don't have the peace of mind needed for business?

anonyXOL

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 29, 2023
Hey!

I'm new to this forum, I came here after reading the millionaire fastlane . Ok, I know the principles of wealth. I know how I'm supposed to attract money by providing value for a lot of people (scale) or providing greater value to a few people. I know the principles of business but there's a problem. Peace of mind. I can say I don't have the best relationship with my parents. They kept fighting and taking the focus I needed to put in my life's path. Now I picked up my brother and left the house. I live with my grandmother now. I feel really bad right now. I want that freedom so bad. I'm an 18-year-old boy BTW. I can't take the fact that my grandmother (or formerly my parents) are the ones providing for me. I want to be INDEPENDENT. But there are multiple problems. First (and I know the most cliché, my bank balance is literally 0$ (I just opened one a month ago). So now before I rant too much I want to ask, what do you think I can do? I hate working as much as I hate being told what to do. I know I'm an entrepreneur. I love business, creation, invention, and anything that has to do with creating value that will outlive you. I know some programming (Web Dev with Svelte kit, Python, ...) and some languages (English, Japanese, and my native language). I know I can get some foundation money by working as a freelancer and creating websites for other businesses, but I seem to have this imposter syndrome and I feel my skills aren't adequate since everyone wants to see that shiny resume and background of yours (I actually never had the time to create website's as a resume since I hated the idea of creating a website that doesn't represent a great idea or a new high-quality innovative product).

to stop my ranting and spare you the headache (that you probably are experiencing already) I want your help as some of you may have had the same experience when you were younger. Life's hard, and I'm ready to do whatever I can to achieve the things I want and what I think the world and I deserve. If you have any advice or guidance please let me know. My goal right now is to be able to 1- Provide for myself and my brother 2- Make money by ONLY having a business that is around my ideas and not others and 3- Gaining the freedom that 99% want but 1% achieve.

If you think I'm not realistic about it say it. Maybe I need to work for some time to gain the experience and knowledge needed that I need to then use in business.

Thanks for reading all of that, I know I've written a lot but I'm in a situation where getting help from others is one of the things that can actually give me the nudge I need to start my entrepreneurial journey and value-creating. Best wishes!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
How much time do you spend on social media every day?

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Hey!

I'm new to this forum, I came here after reading the millionaire fastlane . Ok, I know the principles of wealth. I know how I'm supposed to attract money by providing value for a lot of people (scale) or providing greater value to a few people. I know the principles of business but there's a problem. Peace of mind. I can say I don't have the best relationship with my parents. They kept fighting and taking the focus I needed to put in my life's path. Now I picked up my brother and left the house. I live with my grandmother now. I feel really bad right now. I want that freedom so bad. I'm an 18-year-old boy BTW. I can't take the fact that my grandmother (or formerly my parents) are the ones providing for me. I want to be INDEPENDENT. But there are multiple problems. First (and I know the most cliché, my bank balance is literally 0$ (I just opened one a month ago). So now before I rant too much I want to ask, what do you think I can do? I hate working as much as I hate being told what to do. I know I'm an entrepreneur. I love business, creation, invention, and anything that has to do with creating value that will outlive you. I know some programming (Web Dev with Svelte kit, Python, ...) and some languages (English, Japanese, and my native language). I know I can get some foundation money by working as a freelancer and creating websites for other businesses, but I seem to have this imposter syndrome and I feel my skills aren't adequate since everyone wants to see that shiny resume and background of yours (I actually never had the time to create website's as a resume since I hated the idea of creating a website that doesn't represent a great idea or a new high-quality innovative product).

to stop my ranting and spare you the headache (that you probably are experiencing already) I want your help as some of you may have had the same experience when you were younger. Life's hard, and I'm ready to do whatever I can to achieve the things I want and what I think the world and I deserve. If you have any advice or guidance please let me know. My goal right now is to be able to 1- Provide for myself and my brother 2- Make money by ONLY having a business that is around my ideas and not others and 3- Gaining the freedom that 99% want but 1% achieve.

If you think I'm not realistic about it say it. Maybe I need to work for some time to gain the experience and knowledge needed that I need to then use in business.

Thanks for reading all of that, I know I've written a lot but I'm in a situation where getting help from others is one of the things that can actually give me the nudge I need to start my entrepreneurial journey and value-creating. Best wishes!
Well you talk a lot about what you want for someone who claims to understand that making money is about providing value.
It also seems like you have a pretty large ego for someone with no money.

If you change your mindset to trying to help people instead of trying to make money life will become easier.
No, helping your brother doesn't count. You have skills, make something with it. Make 10 websites for free that are so good that business owners brag with them to their friends.

Also, get a job. You say you want to fix having 0 in your bank and also provide for yourself and your brother.
There is nothing wrong with working as a construction worker or burger flipper, as long as it is helping you with becoming unscripted .

If you work part time and your brother works a mini job you should have easily enough money to live and also to not have 0 in the bank.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
You’re burning up precious mental bandwidth worrying about irrelevant things like how you feel.

You could be focusing on your business idea, the product/service, getting it in front of customers, optimizing, reiterating, developing, etc. but instead you’re just sitting around thinking about feelings.

Feelings follow action. You don’t wait to feel better before doing something. You do something and it makes you feel better.

Men do not let emotions run them. They run their emotions.

A post from someone who’s going to succeed would be talking about what actions they’ve taken to improve their situation, and would be talking about their plan and their business and what steps come next, maybe 10% of it would be about their feelings, and it would be feelings of excitement and focus.

The solution is to get out there and make sales for something. That, spending time in the gym during these important years, and taking lots of risk.

The good news is how you feel is not relevant. You don’t need to feel any type of way before taking action. You are fully qualified as you are.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Hey man. Kudos on owning the situation and wanting to take the bull by the horns.

Now get problem solving. The easiest, fastest way to provide for your brother is to get a job short term. Get that balance going because even if you start something for yourself you’re gonna need something in there here and there, bootstrap or not. It’s valid to not like having a boss, but not take action on it because of that reason now that’s a problem. Meaning… sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. You gotta be able to suck up the pride when it’s for a good reason. And mind you, you may find a job at a place where people are nice and it will be way more palatable while it lasts, be open minded. Remember that’s not where it ends, but do what you gotta do to put some $$ in that bank account.

Freelancing is definitely an option, do you know where to get your customers? You don’t need any certifications but you gotta at least show them some finished works/samples to show what you can deliver. It might take time getting the first few customers if you don’t have an idea of where to find them; as such, evaluate whether you need money like, yesterday (get a job) or if you can afford a bit of time to build a couple websites to show and go sell them.

anonyXOL

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 29, 2023
First of all, I have to thank all of you for putting the time into making me realize my mistakes.

I realized my ego is now in control of me. I think it might be because of the situation I'm in and the aggressiveness comes from the lack of Emotional Intelligence which I know I need in life and in business if I want to be successful.

Now about business, I'm not totally clueless. In fact, I've been in the process of starting my first business for two years now (before the fights, I was learning and improving myself so I could use the knowledge and skills to do something valuable instead of something mediocre) which is an Export Brokerage Agency (sorry I didn't mention this in the first post, I think this made it look like I wasn't really doing anything). Now you don't need any investment to start this business whatsoever. The only things you need are knowledge of international trade rules (which I spent six months studying intensely), some IT background (which as I said I have enough skills in this area since my high school major is Computer Engineering), some experience in the field (which I'm getting from a nice free export campaign that is going on in my country), and customers and their trust (which I know where to find but the process of building the trust is hard but worthy of time) and other things that I know are hard but as I said I'm down to do whatever it takes, even if it looks rash and illogical.

So you see I'm not talking without any logic. The fact is the situation has made me like this. I've become sentimental (as I love my brother and I couldn't tolerate watching him going through such a thing, you could say this was kind of the fu*k this moment) and you guys did a great job at showing that to me. I think instead of thinking of the first question I asked (how to get quick money) I'm gonna focus again on this business. Despite the fear of losing everything I'm gonna put all the hours needed on the business. As MJ mentioned I think I'm putting more time on social media and searching the forums, and the internet to find the answer. I now realized the answer is inside of me.

Thank you again, everyone. I don't know if I'm gonna come back anytime soon (after I checked your answers again of course), since focusing on the business is what I'm going to do (and I already deleted my Instagram, Twitter, and telegram, and have installed BlockSite on my chrome to block distracting sites), instead of typing a whole article about my situation and life (LOL).

Hope the next time you hear from me, the news gonna be that I made it. If I made mistakes in the mindsets needed, had unrealistic illusions, or said something immature please let me know for the last time.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
May 30, 2023
Hey!

If you are 13-18 years old there is a youtuber Hamza which is a self-improvement god and leader. He is also a fastlaner. If you have problems - his videos would definitely help you - I myself watched over 200, and he is a man who made, so far, the most lasting inflection on my life.

So watch him, but long story short you are struggling with 4 things:
1. Habits - it goes from nofap (chances are, you do, and this causes a lot of problems in your life), to going to the gym and serious weightlifting.
Books for at least 1 hour a day (I do 4).
Gratitude journaling.

2. Mindfulness (meditation) - if you have overthinking problems this is the thing you are lacking out on. Hamza did many great videos about it. I've meditated pretty much every day for almost a year. It's better then ever.

3. "Business becomes risky when entrepreneurs start companies based on flawed, selfish reasons. Get in the business for the right reasons - to fill a void in a marketplace" - I literally posted this on my wall.

4. Your mindset. Now, the books are the key to pretty much any aspect of life - and the key to becoming the person you aspire to be. That is why I read 4 hours a day. Now, the 3 core books you will need: (also note, whoever is watching and reading this, this is a must-read!!!)
  • The Way Of The Superior Man - it talks about a man's relationship to life and women. allowed me to understand The Millionaire Fastlane way better
  • How To Win Friends And Influence People - it's a social skills book that outlasted any of them. I literally read this book every morning
  • Either Atomic Habits or Can't Hurt Me. Very different, both help in the same way, and a very complimenting one. Start with Atomic Habits.
From a fellow 18-year old.

And ayy, that's my first post!

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Muhammad Ibrahim

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Aug 1, 2022
Get in the business for the right reasons - to fill a void in a marketplace
my God this is literal gold.

like, you can see it
1 guy starts an online jewellery store because he "wanted to get rich and escape the matrix"
another starts an online jewellery store because he realized that the current options are shit and he can provide 10x more value and market 10x better

it's obvious who is more likely to succeed

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.