The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Would you take the red or blue pill?

ClaytonAlbright

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 25, 2015
Cumming, GA
Interesting question here. I know my answer.

12227754_1132973420105866_6277919338391510868_n.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lavi Fletcher

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jun 2, 2015
Sydney
Unless said mistakes would result in more than a $10M gain (and they weren't anything concerning like a ruined relationship or something), then I think everyone would choose the blue pill lmao

BaraQueenbee

tiny
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
Sep 14, 2015
Scottsdale, AZ
Quick answer: I like your idea, I would do neither.
Without going too deep into the : my mistakes are who made me, and its about the process (I sound like a hippie, and its better to take that from a person who actually has the right and achievements to say that).

Other options?
a. sell the pill, learn its chemistry
b. burn and hide the pills forever, humanity can't handle stuff like this
c. ask the giver if he has some other pink pills, there is a unicorn I still want to talk too, that I met when I was like 7
d.

Last edited:

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
Quick answer: I like your idea, I would do neither.
Withouth going too deep into the : my mistakes are who made me, and its about the process (I sound like a hippie, and its better to take that from a person who actually has the right and achievements to say that).

Other options?
a. sell the pill, learn its chemistry
b. burn and hide the pills forever, humanity can't handle stuff like this
c. ask the giver if he has some other pink pills, there is a unicorn I still want to talk too, that I met when I was like 7
d.

Actually I wouldn't chose one of those either. I wouldn't want to change the mistakes I did, or anything else in my past, because everything, no matter how tough it may was at the time it happened, led me to what I am and what I do today.

The $10 million is something that I want to earn myself with something that helped others, and not get it handed on a silver plate for doing nothing but chosing a pill.

GSF

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Aug 25, 2012
Blue pill 10 million easy for me, the only imagined situation I could imagine in which id take the red pill would be if someone had lost their life as a result of my previous mistakes, otherwise as long as its a legal 10 million cash then yeh ill take that!

Gsuz

If you want the crown, you gotta take it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Jul 3, 2012
You have to pay for the blue pills that I know, so yes, gimme the 10 million.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Blue or Red Pill one thing remains. Character and How you treat other people. That's a constant factor. The past was what brought me to this point in life. You change one thing, I'm sure I wouldn't be here. Ten million dollars won't change the rest of my life in the sense it doesn't stop your character from being tested, nor does it stop you from making mistakes, or making choices. All you do is have Ten Million Dollars in your hands. Now what you do with that Ten Million Dollars is determined by your character, choices, and beliefs. Habits still develop. This world may give you that much money just to see what you do with it.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Those saying they wouldn't take 10m if it was handed to them.... come on now...
Sure...it would be tempting. If I've learned anything about life, it's always there are pro's and con's to taking that amount of money from someone. I think even M.J. stated people make bad choices when they do, because they don't know what to do with the money. Lottery winners end up back where they are, because they get carried away with spending, give it to people they know, or waste it away. The thing is I'd hope if I have ten million one day, I would be wise enough to handle it appropriately.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
What mistakes?

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Aug 2, 2013
Sure...it would be tempting. If I've learned anything about life, it's always there are pro's and con's to taking that amount of money from someone. I think even M.J. stated people make bad choices when they do, because they don't know what to do with the money. Lottery winners end up back where they are, because they get carried away with spending, give it to people they know, or waste it away. The thing is I'd hope if I have ten million one day, I would be wise enough to handle it appropriately.

I definitely agree with your point on lotto winners. However, this is the TMF forum and most of those who stay here have a completely different mindset and set of habits.

I feel those who wouldn't accept the 10m may not feel "worthy" of it or that they wouldn't know what to do with it.

Example... active members here may have multiple businesses, startups, e-commerce sites, Real Estate, digital products, etc. If an investor believed in their business and offered to back them tomorrow--giving them access to $10,000,000 with NO OBLIGATION to pay it back even if they lost it all, I have to believe anyone who felt worthy and believed in themselves would take it.

Even if you failed to use this money wisely, the amount of growth you would see from your mistakes would accelerate future progress.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
My mission is to help more people.

I'd take the money because it would allow me to help more people, sooner.

BaraQueenbee

tiny
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
Sep 14, 2015
Scottsdale, AZ

Later while in the shower (THE place to make life descisions) I was thinking that this may be a valid option too. Hmm...

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Later while in the shower (THE place to make life descisions) I was thinking that this may be a valid option too. Hmm...
Haha. All the most insightful thoughts occur in the shower.

If your mission is to help your fellow man, then the 10 mill has got to help.

If your mission is to learn how to be a better bootstrapping entrepreneur, then maybe it won't.

I just think that one mission is more me centric than the other...

BaraQueenbee

tiny
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
Sep 14, 2015
Scottsdale, AZ
Haha. All the most insightful thoughts occur in the shower.

If your mission is to help your fellow man, then the 10 mill has got to help.

If your mission is to learn how to be a better bootstrapping entrepreneur, then maybe it won't.

I just think that one mission is more me centric than the other...

Very good point.

I can only speak from my own point, in the case of the 10m dollar. I spend money that I havent worked for or done anything at all for, much differently then money I did something for. If that makes any sense (I gave up on making logic).

But yes, I agree on it can make one hell of a difference if you want to help a fellow human. Nice Andy!

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I definitely agree with your point on lotto winners. However, this is the TMF forum and most of those who stay here have a completely different mindset and set of habits.

I feel those who wouldn't accept the 10m may not feel "worthy" of it or that they wouldn't know what to do with it.

Example... active members here may have multiple businesses, startups, e-commerce sites, Real Estate, digital products, etc. If an investor believed in their business and offered to back them tomorrow--giving them access to $10,000,000 with NO OBLIGATION to pay it back even if they lost it all, I have to believe anyone who felt worthy and believed in themselves would take it.

Even if you failed to use this money wisely, the amount of growth you would see from your mistakes would accelerate future progress.
Good point. I was just listening to some stuff on that yesterday.

Think my thinking goes alone with this one. Ten Million you can do a lot of good in the world. I'm not so sure I don't feel I"m not worthy of it, I just feel receiving and giving go hand in hand. That's my human nature and to be a humanitarian. I suppose that stems from growing up around the Grand Rapids area where Richard DeVos did a lot of good in the community. I've never met the man, but have heard his name all my life.

Last edited:

Unknown

Fastlane-ish
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 31, 2014
I've watched enough time travel movies to know that I could mess up the birth of my son if I tried to time travel :p (I wouldn't change anything anyways).

10mil all the way.

RadioActive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 12, 2014
Maryland
We should have a section devoted to these red pill, blue pill things

But other than that, Blue pill for sure.

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
Stupid question. If you are alive and you didn't do anything as bad as killing your parents, you did nothing so bad to warrant an opportunity cost of 10 millions to fix. Would take the blue pill, take some months to blow up to a million, then get to work 16h a day to turn the remaining 9 million in a billion.

Disobey

following breadcrumbs
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Feb 18, 2014
Luxembourg
It depends.
Does taking the red pill imply that I:
a. Get to go back in time and fix every mistake I've made, then come back to the present and face the unknown consequences.
or
b. Get to be 18 again and relive my life knowing exactly what went wrong and how to fix it?

Option a is too much of a gamble. I'll do the EV+ move and take the blue pill.

But if it's option b the red pill becomes an obvious choice. Getting back 10 years of your life is priceless.

ClaytonAlbright

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 25, 2015
Cumming, GA
It depends.
Does taking the red pill imply that I:
a. Get to go back in time and fix every mistake I've made, then come back to the present and face the unknown consequences.
or
b. Get to be 18 again and relive my life knowing exactly what went wrong and how to fix it?

Option a is too much of a gamble. I'll do the EV+ move and take the blue pill.

But if it's option b the red pill becomes an obvious choice. Getting back 10 years of your life is priceless.

I was hoping someone would mention this. This is how I view it, however it doesn't state 10 years, but to simply go back in time so you can fix all your mistakes. In other words relive your life with your current knowledge. This makes that option much more attractive. 10 million is a good amount but no amount of money can buy a huge chunk of your life back.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.