The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

WEB/DIGITAL Need help picking red pill or blue pill. Am I adding any value compared to the competition? (demo)

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

Fr33zerPop

Contributor
Jan 14, 2020
Portland, Oregon, USA
Being an amateur musician and an animator, I wanted to get into the space of creating beat visualizers and lyric videos for musicians by creating my own designs.
This ground is already being well covered by some slick automated sites.
I'm looking for free ideas on finding my niche/value add, or help with deciding to walk (or hopefully pivot) away.
Thanks for you input!

Value I bring:
-- I'm a skilled animator and can create unique content, but am looking for a way to Fastlane and move beyond bespoke freelancing
-- I can deploy a basic product Ecom site (Webflow) for no additional cost (only my time)

Hurdles:
-- I need to at least prove the initial concept with little or no financial investment (read: spouse!)
-- The competition is automated. I would need to invest in creating this just to compete at the same level.
-- Because I'm manually processing this, I'd have a hard time competing on price.

If you'd like to comment directly on this idea, here are some links:

Competition:

My initial layout (Please comment on the business idea, not the fine tuning of the site layout. It's still roughed in there.)

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Nov 13, 2014
Make sales. If you make sales, you'll figure the rest out. If you don't, you'll move on.

Identify your value add. Is it the customization? Do they care?

I don't know. You don't know. Other users here don't know.

Only the market knows.

So make up your offer and go for it.

You're just procrastinating by making the website cute.

Find indie artists with a decent following but terrible videos.

Make them a cool video based on their brand for their best song.

Email them and see if they will buy it at a super discounted price...

Focus on what the better video will do for them (people want to share cool looking videos, they are more likely to like it because, to the human brain, good looking = good quality, and that helps with the YouTube algorithm, and so on and so forth...)

If they buy see if they'll buy the video for the other songs.

Action, not doubt.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Millionaire Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
run it through the cents formula :)

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE  You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
What I got was completely unexpected; @LightHouse generously talked with me for 2 straight hours...
MARKETPLACE  Freelance University: Solve Every Freelance Problem (Especially on Upwork)
FU. 4 DAYS. 50% OFF BLACK FRIDAY SALE! If you're an Upwork freelancer, you'd be a fool not to...
MARKETPLACE  For Sale: Food Brand with 4 Years of Happy Customers in a Fast-Growing Niche
So to get certified, it cost a fortune? How much exactly? That sucks that these "health...
MARKETPLACE  Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Fox's Web School helps you learn a specialized skill which you can use to get to Fastlane. It's...
MARKETPLACE  Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom