The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Would adsense make 'cents' in this situation.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Sorry for te horrible pun. I dont have alot of experiance in internet based revenues and business'. Furthermore never had an adsense account till now, Just signed up today.

This is the situation, i was parking two domains ihave atSEDO today to see if i could sell them, then i thought well let me check the traffic to the domains real quick out of curiosity. Well one of the domains i used to have a forum on(previously explained here somewhere) and i stopped due to too much spam and not enough time. Well i checked the hits on the domain and its still 200 perday on a dead domain. its been dead for almost a year.... and im still getting 200 uniques a day.. probably on spam lists. would it work to park the page and fill it with adsense, or maybe put the forum back up and fill it with adsesnse as well and let the spammers have at it? Its still hosted on its on account not tied to my main business site.

I figured id ask someone more experienced rather than waste time and energy on a lost cause.

thanks everyone!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Shawn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Aug 14, 2007
If the domains aren't being using and all you want is monetizing that traffic, just throw some sponsored links via a domain revenue program. Sedo has one, Godaddy has one etc. But 200 visitors a day won't bring in much...but better than nothing :)

Shawn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Aug 14, 2007
hey what the hell is this hyundai crap in my profile:rofl:

Z5 FILMS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 13, 2007
The Woodlands, TX
hey what the hell is this hyundai crap in my profile:rofl:

While you were on the Fastlane to Millions, you stopped to get gas and your Lambo got repoed for late payment. So now you got a repo on your credit, you credit score fell through the floor, and you interest rates are up. So now you can only afford a Hyundai with those rates. Sorry. It's just life in the Fastlane. :rofl::rofl:

ON TOPIC:
You could throw Adsense up, but with only 200 visitors a day there's a good chance you might only make .05 cents a day. As mentioned, better than nothing I guess. But at that rate it will take almost 5 years before you make enough for Google to cut you a check. I beleive the Adsense release is a minimum of $100. Just like selling Don Lapre's vitamins, you could make more or you could make less. Probably less.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Thanks guys, So is it safe to say its a bad investment of time and energy to do it?

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
The domain revenue program with who you are hosting with would be something to check into. They might have a lower payout amount compared to google's

Andrew

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Aug 8, 2007
Check out parked.com. I just began parking some of my domains this month, and the revenue really surprised me.

Some of my domains average up to 50 cents a visitor. I even noticed one case where a single visitor brought in $5 of revenue (they clicked like 17 ads.)

Now I really understand why domainers don't develop, its not out of laziness.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Check out parked.com. I just began parking some of my domains this month, and the revenue really surprised me.

Some of my domains average up to 50 cents a visitor. I even noticed one case where a single visitor brought in $5 of revenue (they clicked like 17 ads.)

Now I really understand why domainers don't develop, its not out of laziness.

I am checking that out now, thank you!

Edit just relised you have to park a minimum 10 domains with them

ToddW

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Sep 4, 2007
California
Be careful with SEDO parking, I've been warned by them for parking a domain that was previously developed. I thought "traffic is traffic" but they apparently ONLY ant generic type-in stuff.

-Todd

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.