The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Worth it to start a business amid possible hyperinflation?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

madlife

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Feb 15, 2022
Newbie here, just a few things on my mind :) In these unpredictable times and with inflation starting to grow in my area, is it worth the risk of starting a (importing) business? Maybe I am worried if people are more focused on necessities, business would dwindle. Just wondering peoples opinions, my mind is pretty made up though, and i am hungry. Welcome any responses.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México
If you think people are going to be more focused on necessities, then how can you serve them via that industry?

There are so many smart people out there who never get started because they're always rationalizing their way out of it.

You most likely already know enough to get started. Figure out everything else along the way.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
IMO, a business is one of the best defenses against hyperinflation.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
When it costs $19 for milk and $400 to get your lawn mowed, you'll be glad you're in business selling things for those high prices, instead of crying because your 401k is now essentially a 75k.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

madlife

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Feb 15, 2022
When it costs $19 for milk and $400 to get your lawn mowed, you'll be glad you're in business selling things for those high prices, instead of crying because your 401k is now essentially a 75k.
Word. Thanks for the motivation.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Newbie here, just a few things on my mind :) In these unpredictable times and with inflation starting to grow in my area, is it worth the risk of starting a (importing) business? Maybe I am worried if people are more focused on necessities, business would dwindle. Just wondering peoples opinions, my mind is pretty made up though, and i am hungry. Welcome any responses.
The answer could be influenced by whether you are intending to start an eCommerce business or a B2B business.

The attitude of consumer customers might be more affected by the worries about inflation, but many B2B customers will continue producing, and consequently maintain demand for inputs. If you can meet some of those input requirements with better service, faster delivery, greater reliability, or more effective products, and maybe a modest cost saving ........ There's an importing business for you.

The posts above refering to the wisdom of having a business during inflationary times are well worth taking into account.

Walter

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.