The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

World Economy Doomed? What do you think?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

Steeltip

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Mar 17, 2021
Houston, TX
I am sure that many people on this forum have had to deal with some type of shortage recently as the global supply chains have been disrupted. I don't have to explain to you all that things are different than they were two years ago. My job selling cars has been hit hard by this reality as well as many people I hear from are all facing some kind of extenuating circumstance due to a shortage of some kind. Whether it be contractors, pipefitters, industrial lawnmowers, farmers the list goes on and on.

Even so, the stock market keeps hitting new highs which are in no small part to the quantitative easing being done by the fed (This is happening in the U.S. I can't speak for other countries) I have heard a few things about this, one that this historically has led to a collapse of the currency that was being eased, two that the U.S. is actually within the range of a healthy borrowing deficit and there is not much to worry about right now; three, that Modern Monetary Theory could potentially make it so there is not a recession again based on the fact that money is valuable because of money.

With that being said My friend and I were discussing this situation recently and I wanted the forum's opinion on this.

Could the market reach a catch 22 scenario in which key things such as semiconductors are required to make things like cars, harvesters, planes, etc. Are not available and businesses that rely on those things to turn a profit are massively impacted. Businesses that have the funds to weather the storm might be ok but I would imagine that many businesses big and small are going to fold because they cant get the things they need. Therefore laying off people to work at said businesses, because they are short-staffed that leads to more shortages which in turn leads to more businesses folding.

What do you all think is going to happen? Is this just a minor road bump in our economic history? Will this be somewhere in the middle in terms of how bad things will be? Or will this be a collapse the likes of which we have never seen before in our modern history...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Well, the resources will always be there waiting to be allocated. And productivity is independent to money. Technology and innovation will always improve.

The problem is money-shuffling bankers and politicians and their corporate fascist partners.

So there are some things to be optimistic about and some things not to be.

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland

ruzara5

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
May 1, 2011
Currently in Washington State
Doomed? No. World will go on turning. So will the great ideas of humanity and entrepreneurs. Part of standing up is innovating away from the disaster and through it. Even in the eye of the storm. There is opportunities. History. And the many cool stories on this forum show that to be at a minimum inspirational. Perseverance. Perspectives.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
I am sure that many people on this forum have had to deal with some type of shortage recently as the global supply chains have been disrupted. I don't have to explain to you all that things are different than they were two years ago. My job selling cars has been hit hard by this reality as well as many people I hear from are all facing some kind of extenuating circumstance due to a shortage of some kind. Whether it be contractors, pipefitters, industrial lawnmowers, farmers the list goes on and on.

Even so, the stock market keeps hitting new highs which are in no small part to the quantitative easing being done by the fed (This is happening in the U.S. I can't speak for other countries) I have heard a few things about this, one that this historically has led to a collapse of the currency that was being eased, two that the U.S. is actually within the range of a healthy borrowing deficit and there is not much to worry about right now; three, that Modern Monetary Theory could potentially make it so there is not a recession again based on the fact that money is valuable because of money.

With that being said My friend and I were discussing this situation recently and I wanted the forum's opinion on this.

Could the market reach a catch 22 scenario in which key things such as semiconductors are required to make things like cars, harvesters, planes, etc. Are not available and businesses that rely on those things to turn a profit are massively impacted. Businesses that have the funds to weather the storm might be ok but I would imagine that many businesses big and small are going to fold because they cant get the things they need. Therefore laying off people to work at said businesses, because they are short-staffed that leads to more shortages which in turn leads to more businesses folding.

What do you all think is going to happen? Is this just a minor road bump in our economic history? Will this be somewhere in the middle in terms of how bad things will be? Or will this be a collapse the likes of which we have never seen before in our modern history...
I don't have the knowledge to answer on specific manufacturing issues that might be coming.

From the ongoing data that is relevant of vaccine and social distancing, it seems that the world is coming a realization that vaccines are not as all powerful as they are.

So there is currently two camps of people who are making their voices to influence local policy. The Pro-Growth camp and Pro-Health Camp.

The Pro-Growth Camp says we have tried our best to vaccinate and keep death counts low. So let us lift the social restrictions and live with the virus, only focusing on the most vulnerable population.

The Pro-Health camp says otherwise, that and big spike in cases is not acceptable, and wide spread of Covid is a sign of losing control on the battle. They are going to put the government on blame for the negative outcome on health stats.

The government is going to be stuck in between policies, because the Pro-Health voice is too vocal and the government cannot afford to bear the social and political consequence. They also cannot just lock down forever because there is no money to pay everyone. So I think the global "real economy", not asset prices, will be literally "semi-paralyzed".

I think for business people we have to accept that there is no quick solution. In early 2020 the complacent view is that this is just a flu. In late 2020 and early 2021 the hope is on vaccine, that once everyone gets vaxinated things will be back to normal. Things will remain half-paralyzed like the current state for at least 2-3 years or even more, in my opinion.

But on the bright side, it means opportunity as well. What it really means to me, is that if you invest in yourself and in your business based on the above assumption, you are ahead of the curve (provided if I am right) compared to your competitors who are still waiting for things go back to normal.

Think of it, are you really happy, rich and in control before Covid? If not, this could be a gamer changer opportunity for you. When big changes happen in societies, old money are destroyed and new money emerge.

Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

You've identified problems - fantastic!

Now, think of the solutions...

Sounds like some of the biggest fastlane opportunities in the world.

What are supply chains made of? Where are the weak links? What are the much needed services and products that are too expensive, too rare, or just poorly done right now? What can you do?

(yes our government is printing fake money and is a giant kleptocracy, but you can still help the world with some of the supply chain problems by taking action)

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
621%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
For years my dad would read conspiracy theories and consuming 'news' that told him that everything was going to collapse. Bad things would happen.

Meanwhile I built up my business and am continuing to do so. We actually doubled last year and doubled this year too.

Who's going to be in a better spot if anything should ever actually go wrong?

The young guy with no boss who runs his own company that has a 50% profit margin and makes 150K+ a year and profits have been doubling each year?

Or an old guy with a 50k a year job?

The point is, who gives a F*ck? Build a business, it's the least risky thing you can do.

I will pay attention to these sort of things when I'm big enough to affect them.

Devampre

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 6, 2016
Canada
One simple theory: It's just cronies trying to form a global government, a new civilization, new world order, etc...

I partially agree with not worrying about this stuff, but I believe one needs to still be aware of what is going on in the world and communicate with others.

Like don't let it consume you, distract you, or put you in a state of fear/worry/panic. But, at the same time don't be so blind that you get hit by a ton of bricks when military come remove you from your home without a warrant. (Not saying that things will come to that, but as a hypothetical scenario to illustrate my point.)

I see this as a balance or a push-pull type of thing. Keep focused on that of what you can control and matters most to you (your business, relationships, goals, etc.) But, do not be malleable and needlessly oblivious so that you refuse to listen to external information.

D

Deleted85763

The only asset the world has that can not be devalued is the ability of people to trade. Trade as in creating and/or selling (trading things). The only thing that can interfere with this is others, particularly those who group together, like governments. We need to always protect against this. Absolute free trade is the only way to peace, prosperity, health and happiness for everyone.

ElleMg

Pronounced like the Elle in excellent
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 13, 2020
UK
Paying attention to the NWO is probably more important for those who are completely blind to what's going on and are starting non-fastlane businesses. I'm not advocating reading conspiracies but you should have at least an idea of the policies countries following Agenda 2030, Build Back Better, etc. want to work towards.

For the past year restaurants, cafes, and bars have been opening in my area for 3-6 months then shutting down. Partly due to changing (observable) customer habits and partly due to (observable) harmful government intervention. All the owners had to see was the obvious facts and they could be working on an online business moving with customers and less impacted by government.

Bigger than the world economy is the number 1 reason businesses fail, not filling a need. Feels like we really should teach entrepreneurial principles in school. I mean, even in business classes I was only taught the script and very little about even the basics of capitalism.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
MMT is garbage. The value of money comes from the goods and services that you can trade for your money.

A suitcase of benjamin's is worth nothing if you're trapped on a desert island.

Goods and services come from people applying their minds and creating things, which is only possible in a free economy.

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
The world is like this because of people with mentality similar to
mine.

These things are too big for me to control or even worry about. If I think about it, they won’t necessarily even affect me.

While the control part is true, the other bit is what gets us in trouble.

Like I said, I’m not in a position to worry about assets or lose large sums of money because I don’t have them.

Kind of hard to worry about losing something you don’t have.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

You've identified problems - fantastic!

Now, think of the solutions...

Sounds like some of the biggest fastlane opportunities in the world.

What are supply chains made of? Where are the weak links? What are the much needed services and products that are too expensive, too rare, or just poorly done right now? What can you do?

(yes our government is printing fake money and is a giant kleptocracy, but you can still help the world with some of the supply chain problems by taking action)
Wanted to add to my comment...

Most people won’t be able to see how they fit into this global supply chain.

But if you are reading this and you work for a company or have job experience in shipping, resource extraction, manufacturing, construction, specialized industry, import/export, etc...

Then you have the right stuff to make a big difference by starting the seedling of a massive fastlane enterprise.

(most programmers have never had jobs in these industries so the software solutions haven’t caught up in these very crucial industries - if you have some overlap, that’s a huge advantage)

Think about lumber, metals, consumer goods, raw materials, getting things from one place to another, sorting out regulations and hurdles for businesses... the problems are endless!

That means the opportunities are endless as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

royalcorsair

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 26, 2021
United Kingdom

Well there is the fact that the dollar is essential the main international currency. This means that for quantitative easing (QE) to cause such problems to the currency, it would vastly need to step up QE simply because there is soo much of the dollar available worldwide.

If another country were doing it at these levels then eyebrows might be raised, but because this is the dollar, that's why at least currently there doesn't seem to be a problem.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.