The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why makes things harder?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Okay first, reader discretion is advised. I am about to be quite profane.

This person I know is working as waitress right now. She was going to work full time, and get benefits and all that shit, but apparently she didn't ask the right questions, or some shit like that and she can only get 16 hours a week and it's minimum wage. Now some waitresses can pull in a lot of money at a busy restaurant through tips, better if they don't go on file for Big Brother to see. But apparently, she doesn't get tips because she's "training." So she says this one day, looking very displeased,
"I have to get a second job"
Me: "maybe get one decent job that actually pays well?"
Her: "well, there's another restaurant that's part of the chain. I'll apply there."

Okay keep in mind, she has no interest in entrepreneurship, or anything like that. She believes that anyone who builds their own business is someone way more privileged and has everything going their way so that they can do it. And when I've told her about my business and such, I'm apparently too lazy to work hard or get a job.

When I was 8 or 9 years old, I was walking through a dense forest, which the ground was covered in a layer of dead trees that was five feet deep. I fell into a pit, sliced my leg open, walked 2 km through the forest with blood streaming down my leg over the most grueling terrain. Needed stitches after. No biggie.

I used to work a manual labour job 40 hours a week, go to school, and stay one of the top ranked martial arts students at my school; and still go out on weekends and pick up chicks.

Today, I have two businesses, work on them all day, and because I could use some cash on hand, I'm getting a sales job.

Yeah, I'm pretty F*cking lazy.

So if she wants to work slowlane, that's cool. Like MJ said, not everyone likes coffee, and it's foolish to tell them otherwise. But if you're gonna work a slowlane job, at least work one that's half-way F*cking decent.

Anyways, back to the story.

So I saw her last night. She was complaining how her feet were swollen from all the walking she had to do. And then she says "I'm gonna get a third job."

Me: "you're bloody insane."

Her: "it's what I have to do to make ends meet"

Me: "NO! There's better options"

Her: "You don't understand reality!"

Okay I don't understand reality. Come to think of it, that's why I never read Harry Potter books. I didn't want to get chased around by an evil bald guy with no nose.

Then, she was talking about these managers for a company who came to the restaurant, and she was saying how they were saying such great things about their employees. She said it would be great to work for that company because they seemed so positive; and therefore, the work environment was probably great. Better yet, they offered her a job!

My homegirl: "That's great! So did you accept??"

Her: "Well they were from Calgary, and that would mean I would have to move there."

Wait, what the F*cking F*ck?? They have branches in BC too!!

Me: "Well, I'm sure you can apply here too"

Her: "yeah, well, um... I don't know the managers here.."

Homegirl: "Doesn't matter, they ones you know will put in a good word for you."

Her: "Umm... I don't know.. I'll see. I have to do some interviews and get this other job first... I'll see.."

Okay, woman. So you aren't desperate right now. You just started working a week ago despite being unemployed for about two years. Now all of a sudden you're so desperate and everything is so hard. If you would stop feeling sorry for yourself, get your head out of your a$$, and seize a good opportunity, maybe you can stop moping and feeling like hippopotamus shit?

This is an example of someone who is constantly negative, and as a result, is making everything harder and more bullshit. Working three jobs which add up to 40 hours a week, that pay minimum wage, when you don't get ANY benefits or tips is F*cking stupid. Also, consider all the gas money spent driving to those three separate places, when she drives a F*cking gas-guzzler (but very fun to drive :D).

But what the F*ck do I know? I don't understand reality. I lay in bed at night dreading the time when I meet He Who Must Not Be Named.

This job that she was offered is a sales job. She could work full-time, collect benefits, get commission, work in a decent environment, and she would be really F*cking good at it! She is an incredibly beautiful and charming woman, one reason why she makes so much tips. She's the type who could sell a Justin Bieber blowup doll to a straight man! If she would stop making excuses and bullshit I can't reasons, she could be very successful at this job!

Now, I'm not trying to insult her, or be a condescending F*cktard. I actually do care about this person, and it hurts to watch her suffer because of her own arrogance.

I've seen a lot of people like this though. They're people who think "hard work is the key," and "hard work will get you good results." I agree hard work is needed when it's SKILLFULLY APPLIED. If you want to be a Navy SEAL, yeah you bet your grandpa Sam it's going to be tough. If you work at Burger King, it don't matter how much vigor you flip that burger with, you're getting paid the same, and customers aren't going to notice.

Business can be hard work. Sometimes it's really tough to work for something which may or may not reward you until years later. But you do see the benefits, do you not? If you work hard when you need to, you won't have to when you don't need to.

People, it doesn't have to always be one way or the other. When there's two ways of doing something and both suck donkey cock, there's usually a third one which is at least as okay as drinking Buckley's.

Take opportunities when you can. DO THINGS TO MAKE YOUR LIFE EASIER! Not harder. Because you only get one shot at life, so make it the best you can.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Solrac

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 6, 2014
Florida
A lot of the time and I use what @AndrewNC has really helped me see (not word for word just generally :D)
it's the beliefs that make stuff harder on people. For a long time my BELIEFS held me back from doing things, or I was saying things because of my beliefs in them. Sounds like her beliefs are holding her back.

Me: "NO! There's better options"
Your exactly right. But like you also posted,

Like MJ said, not everyone likes coffee, and it's foolish to tell them otherwise.

So I mean, when the person does want to try coffee and they come and ask you questions about it, you can answer. When she see's your "laziness" making you 10x as much money as her, and then you make it into a system, and she comes wanting to know how, you can answer questions. But you can't force people into thinking one way you know? You can't win arguments with others they'll just keep defending themselves or their point.
You just gotta do you, and then people are gonna see... "HMM maybe there is a better option..."
I hope this makes sense :D But seems like your spot on with everything, just tossing in my two cents :D

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
So I mean, when the person does want to try coffee and they come and ask you questions about it, you can answer. When she see's your "laziness" making you 10x as much money as her, and then you make it into a system, and she comes wanting to know how, you can answer questions. But you can't force people into thinking one way you know? You can't win arguments with others they'll just keep defending themselves or their point.
You just gotta do you, and then people are gonna see... "HMM maybe there is a better option..."
I hope this makes sense :D But seems like your spot on with everything, just tossing in my two cents :D
You're absolutely right bro. I can't change another person's point of view. And the truth is, I haven't proven my path yet. I haven't made a million yet or even a $5K cheque as an entrepreneur yet, but I will. But people believe what they see. It's funny how even in a world where we always read about rich and successful people, hardly anyone takes the time to learn how they got there

Nadia

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Jan 23, 2014
London, United Kingdom
Good post and I feel the passion however I remember wisdom someone imparted to me through proxy.

"Offering help when it is not needed, is a form of self abuse". Also, the trouble with men because of lack of character development in most instances, is that they make excuses for a woman is easy on the eye. Beautiful or not, if she is stupid, she is just that.

Leave her with her 3 minimum paid jobs. If she thinks you're lazy--let her entertain so.

There is a very significant reason those with basic common sense avoids most of the world, that doesn't. Read your post again and you have your answer.

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
"Offering help when it is not needed, is a form of self abuse"

Yes it is, its also bad for the person your giving advice to. She doesnt want some dude telling her what to do, she just wants someone to give her sympathy.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Good post and I feel the passion however I remember wisdom someone imparted to me through proxy.

"Offering help when it is not needed, is a form of self abuse". Also, the trouble with men because of lack of character development in most instances, is that they make excuses for a woman is easy on the eye. Beautiful or not, if she is stupid, she is just that.

Leave her with her 3 minimum paid jobs. If she thinks you're lazy--let her entertain so.

There is a very significant reason those with basic common sense avoids most of the world, that doesn't. Read your post again and you have your answer.

is it abusive to tell someone your opinion?
Reread the post and you'll see that I didn't put her down or try to force her to change. She stated her case, and I left it at that.
By the way, I only mentioned her looks because it helps her in her industry; it's not related to my relationship with her

Nadia

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Jan 23, 2014
London, United Kingdom
Not at all abusive. Abusive when you try and bang your head against a wall.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Not at all abusive. Abusive when you try and bang your head against a wall.
Lol through all the time we've known each other, we've both banged our head against a wall at least a few times

TKDTyler

The Tea Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Aug 25, 2014
I feel you on that one. My experiences are more along the lines of college graduates complaining about their jobs post-college (slowlane). Many feel like they wasted a bunch of money on student loans, 4 years of their life, wish they could have the next billion dollar company, and sit around dreaming about "What if."

I tell them, more or less, stop playing video games at night and take action. And in return, they keep inviting me to play video games and tell me that "I have changed."

Yes I have changed, because I want more for my life. I want more for all my friends, but if they hold you back, sometimes it is time to let them go.

/rantover

@Ninjakid
What school did you do TKD at if I may ask?

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
@TKDTyler my first school I went to was when I was like 7. It was this place called Lee's Taekwondo school, something like that. I don't know if it's still around.
Then when I moved, I went to a place called Baek's for a few years. I competed in a tournament under that school when I was about 11.
After that, I was at a different school (can't remember the name exactly).
Most recently, the school was called Personal Best. But the style there is kind of a mish-mash of taekwondo, karate, and kickboxing; whereas the first two places I went were purely taekwondo taught by very traditional guys from Korea.
How about yourself?

TKDTyler

The Tea Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Aug 25, 2014
@Ninjakid
Ahh, I see. Can't say I've heard of them.

My dad owns a school up in Alaska, trained there for most of my youth until I went to college. Used to always crosstrain at Manila TKD in the bay area and now I train at Stanford with their team for the past 5 years.

Ever notice how TKD is like money? It's a universal language that breaks traditional language barriers. It's quite a beautiful thing really.

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
Horses drinks and water.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
@TKDTyler probably, they were small schools, and there's quite a few where I live.
So you've got to train in many places! Do you still still practice a lot today even with your current gig?

You're absolutely right. It's beyond a method of combat. It's like a whole method of spiritual actualization. You learn to master yourself, mind, body, and spirit, while developing the confidence as self-discipline to make yourself do anything. It's a journey because you're always striving to do better, and achieve higher mastery of the art. And when you meet a fellow practitioner, it's like you say, a universal language. All communication is done through movements and presence.

TKDTyler

The Tea Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Aug 25, 2014
@Ninjakid

Yup! Schedule is like this. Wake up ---> Gym ---> Engineering job ---> practice ---> fastlaning ---> sleep --->repeat. 5x a week haha. The grind is real my friend. the grind is real. Too many dreams, not enough time. Olympics has an expiration date where the fastlane does not I am afraid.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
I feel you bro, I feel you.

I remember calculating when I would be able to join the Olympics doing taekwondo. I definitely wouldn't be ready next summer Olympics, but I thought one after would be a possibility? Let's say, my business was successful as I could afford to take some time off and train for it, it would be cool.
But Olympic athletes tend to want their gold medal more than anything. I don't. Fastlane business is my main focus. So I obviously wouldn't have the same motivation as some of these other athletes do

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.