The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why I Left RD Forums

RAiMA

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 24, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Tho I see your point GreatBear, I wouldn't like to see this board overun by negative people. People who come to the forums to genuinely learn and to crontribute would need to sift through those posts.

The way I see it is, it's good maintance like looking after a garden. Leave it unattended and it will be overun by weeds

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Deterioration of the RD Forums

I left the RD forums approximately 2 years ago as I found myself engaging in conversations with people who simply "didn't get it" - some had no intention on learning and were there to stir-the-pot.

I for one am partly to blame for not having the fortitude to resist the temptations of the conversations; politics, and government issues to name a few.

I recently returned to the RD forums to retrieve a few dozen posts I wrote years back in research for my own book. I found the place worse off than I left and later learned much of the good people were also gone, or just plain hiding.

Its too bad that the RD corporation doesn't believe in the power of the internet and the power of a community.

Thats too bad because I do.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Merkin Man

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jul 25, 2007
Williamsville, NY
I Did It, too...

Well I finally did it everyone. I officially logged out of the Rich Dad forums for the last time. Like the rest of you, I have grown all too tired of the non-doers who sit around on their computers all day and do nothing toward the development of themselves, all the while debating, name-calling and spewing their political or other crazy agendas throughout the community. Luckily, as of my posting in this thread, it appears the ones I want to distance myself from most have yet to join this community

Its too bad. I really liked the RD forums at one time, and I am still a believer in the Rich Dad philosophy. But the people there that I am leaving because of are such negative forms of energy that I have no other choice. Sometimes I would find myself literally getting side-tracked for hours getting pulled into some debate about a complete non-issue. I can't afford that any longer. I can't allow that negativity to effect me.

I'll miss it there. But it is what I have to do in order to move forward.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
If you would have read the post that he edited, (I saved it) you would realise that Running Dogg does not need this forum. He needs serious professional psychiatric help and medication. I wish him good luck with that.

In fact, I'm tempted to forward the post (which he later edited so not many read it) to the California authorities ... it truly was disturbing and indicated a possible mental defect which this forum cannot help.

Running Dogg's reputation is well known on the RD forums -- he's been there FOR YEARS and has not changed in that time either. He runs there on 2 different names of which, he had to change one name because people were tired of his rants.

As with many people, when you give someone a rope, many will chose to hang them self. I knew RDoggs reputation after I discovered his RD ids ... I gave him a chance despite his infamous reputation over on RD. I allowed him to hang himself which he promptly did in 16 posts.

His posts where all negative, off topic, and politically oriented.

Im not dealing with that here, nor dealing with people who refuse to change and wallow in their victim mentality.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
I think you'll like it here, Chris.

Welcome! :hurray:

-Russ H.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The way I see it is, it's good maintance like looking after a garden. Leave it unattended and it will be overun by weeds

Legendary ... SPEED++++

WildFlower

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Aug 21, 2009
Los Angeles Area
This is funny. I guess I never commented on why I left. I left early.. like in 2001 or 2002 because they changed their database log in and I got locked out.. because I had multiple accounts because they had dumb programmers and I grabbed Wild Flower wild flower etc. So no one else could get them and look like me. BUT somehow I lost access to my main account. I was the one who datascaped their database (still have it) and ran all these stats. RD Phil Lechter came to our Real Estate Forum meet up in Vegas and I knew more about his database than he did. :) He complimented me. I was the one who ran the report for utahinvestor and put all his 300 posts in one document. Good stuff there. BUT in simple reason, I left because I got locked out of my Wild Flower (maybe they go rid of the space and it messed it up- IDK). AND I felt like I've moved on. We had a large group of people we did deals with but that deteriorated too. Especially when we discovered utahinvestor was behind on taxes, stole money from a firm and went to prison over it, and basically discovered why he wanted everyone to name their company All Star Investing. Much easier to blend in with others if you are doing criminal activities. He burned people.. and some other people burned people. several went to prison. Boy it was a ride though. This is my favorite forum. I pop in every now and again. I noticed today that the RD forum is gone. Life is a journey.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I mentally left the forums after this year's RD meeting. You can see what happened from other member's posts on the other thread.

I still go back... but it's more of a fun forum to read and make fun of people. :rofl: I don't expect to get any answers over there.

BTW, I should add that MJ, I think you've got a great start to a forum here. I predict that it's going to grow very very fast. I find myself checking it a few times a day for new posts. This is how it used to be for me at RD back in the day.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse over there ... it did.:Guillotine:

Z5 FILMS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 13, 2007
The Woodlands, TX
The ban was totally warranted. The guy could not even comment about who Tom Vu is without going out in the deepend on a political rant about the Iraqi people, US Govt and George Dubbya. He contributed nothing, and his posts were off all off-topic and negative to the bone.

Running Dogg obviously was mentally unstable or has some serious personal issues with the world. Reading between the lines on some were downright scary.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Well, I think the no negativity rule
forces posters to find the positive in every negative.
So if you think the economy is going in the dumper,
how can a person benefit from it?
Someone always benefits from every single situation.

(And as you've often pointed out, Great Bear,
the so called bad situations can be the best opps)

MJ... curious as to why you don't want
the banned people reading the messages?
(Yes, I was the kid in the class always asking why)

: )

Let me clarify -- negativity is allowed here. Negative people aren't. There's a difference. Many of my posts can go off into the negative simply because the nature of the question. However, my agenda, isn't pure negativity. As for why banned folks can't read messages, its because they lost their privileges. Like a DUI Drunk being banned from driving.

I don't mind him being gone, and it does seem to clear the air, but what I mean is, we should not throw away negativity just for the negativity. I've heard some people come here and say "there was too much negativity in the RDPD forums". There's a difference between useful negativity and useless negativity(we know where to put dogg's negativity). What I'm saying is that we shouldn't exclude something just for the negativity. Someone might tell me "Hey Subway didn't offer a lot of support to its franchisees in Country X" or "Only 1 in 12 franchises survive 15 years" or "You're just buying yourself a job " or whatever. Critique is useful, and some of the "negativity" that was really critique on the RDPD forums was knocked down and I figured it might be useful if we uh allowed some useful "negativity" to exist instead of bashing negativity.

No you are correct. Negativity is allowed. Negative people are not. There's a difference between being negative for the sake of being negative. When every post is a negative dig, a negative politico, a negative retort - then the person has a different agenda than being present to learn and be educated - the agenda is negativity and to force their world-view on me/us.

Answering a question in the negative when the negative is warranted is acceptable because the answer, in itself, is negative.

"Is it smart to buy a Quiznos franchise?" -- NO, and here's why...
"Is it smart to buy spend $45K on a Russ Whitney seminar?" NO, and here's why...

VS

"Look at Tom Vu's seminar, aren't they funny?" and then going off into some tangent about Iraq, Arabs, and George Bush.

Even if he was positive, he was repeatedly violating the politics rule anyhow.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Well I finally did it everyone. I officially logged out of the Rich Dad forums for the last time. Like the rest of you, I have grown all too tired of the non-doers who sit around on their computers all day and do nothing toward the development of themselves, all the while debating, name-calling and spewing their political or other crazy agendas throughout the community. Luckily, as of my posting in this thread, it appears the ones I want to distance myself from most have yet to join this community

Its too bad. I really liked the RD forums at one time, and I am still a believer in the Rich Dad philosophy. But the people there that I am leaving because of are such negative forms of energy that I have no other choice. Sometimes I would find myself literally getting side-tracked for hours getting pulled into some debate about a complete non-issue. I can't afford that any longer. I can't allow that negativity to effect me.

I'll miss it there. But it is what I have to do in order to move forward.

Some guys over there have 300 posts; none of them business related - only political, bush-bashing, conspiracy crap. They won't last 1 hour over here.

Jason_MI

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 25, 2007
Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse over there ... it did.:Guillotine:

Agreed. Sheesh. Problem was that there was no focus. And yeah, I got sucked into a few too many of 'those' kind of discussions. Hard not to. But like anything else, talking or raving about conspiracies is NOT going to make me money. So it's probably time to move on.

WheelsRCool

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Aug 12, 2007
You know, there is a forum I attend where this happened because the moderators do not moderate it at all. It's one thing to allow political discussions, it's another thing to allow rampant name-calling and insults, etc...it's driven off many members from that forum, including me. I still visit there, but not as much.

I debated a good deal in the forums on such topics, but I always did it respectfully (no name-calling or insults, etc...) which actually can have cool results, people who disagree with you will still respect you for being polite.

Luckily some of its members started their own site based on the same subject and they moderate it. In the "General" sections, political topics/discussion are allowed, but it has to be intelligent debate, any name-calling and you're gone!

It also happened at another forum I attend, luckily the owner of the site cracked down immediately so now that site is fine too.

But now I've learned to ignore such forums on sites I visit for information, you could literally make a full-time profession out of arguing on forums. I'm surprised the Rich Dad forum moderators haven't cracked down on all that stuff.

Peter2

Fastane Legend. RIP.
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 2, 2007
Palm Beach, FL
I checked out the RD forum a few days ago, and to me it seems like mostly a bunch of brain washed people posting. Reminded me of running in to a group of Amway people. :rolleyes:

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
I checked out the RD forum a few days ago, and to me it seems like mostly a bunch of brain washed people posting. Reminded me of running in to a group of Amway people.
Peter2-

At the risk of sounding nostalgic, it was a different place a few years ago.

Back then, it was a great bunch of motivated investors.

Some just beginning.

A lot with years of experience, who were helping the noobs.

Nowadays, it's like a conspiracy theory-SPAM-MLM central :repuke:

The real investors are completely buried by all the garbage.

-Russ H.

running dogg

Banned
Aug 23, 2007
Sacramento, California
I've gotten a reputation on RD as being one of the bad guys, partly because of my political leanings, which are irrelevant here. I'm at a point in my life when I really am taking action, and can participate in more mature discussions. However, the RD forums don't seem to matter anymore-you have posters like Hunghung and a few others who just aren't interested in riches, but in conspiracy mongering. And then you have the MLM pushers, who post meaningless crap just so their big flashy sig will pop up advertising their MLM. The MLM pimps are the ones who really scare me-they're impervious to reason, have a cultlike devotion to their company and to MLM in general, and will whip out the buzzsaw if you point out the emperor's lack of clothing. To them, wealth is an end in itself instead of a scorecard.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
[kidding] Hey Kimberland, what you talking about? you owe ALL your success to me, not to him!!![/kidding]

Just ignore those posts. Keep doing, keep taking action and keep posting to help others. Your success is inspirational to others. I decided to ignore that poster and went back to add more information that may be useful for the original poster and some others. The destructive critics should be ignored. Thanks to MJ that will not be tolerated here.

running dogg

Banned
Aug 23, 2007
Sacramento, California
Running Dogg-

An observation:

When I read your old, old posts on the RD forums, you seem like a much more positive guy. The points you make focus much more on the positive.

I've had a lot happen since 2003. My parents built a house and nearly went bankrupt and homeless to do so. I lived in a travel trailer on that land and even though my mother could have found a place to rent, I would have been out on the street, permanently, since I can't afford Sacramento rents on SSI. Coming that close to having my whole life ruined forever because of the incompetence and jealousy of building inspectors, who didn't like the size of what we were building, and of the banks, who cut us off in midloan, forcing us to scramble to come up with the money to finish the house (a relative tapped the equity in his property, or else we would have lost both the house we were building and my parents' old house, and I would have been permanently homeless), sort of soured me on life. I decided it really wasn't worth living anymore. It broke my parents too, especially my dad, who was bipolar to start with.

And then I threw myself into my technical education, only to find that there were no jobs, and I'd been lied to by the school. After that I had to take a job I didn't want and couldn't stand (teacher's aide to special education kids) because my mom worked in the school district's HR department. Social Security lied to me too, and used a different formula than they claimed to calculate how my pay affected my check, and in the end I only cleared a couple hundred extra a month for putting up with kids that hated me and teachers that really hated me.

And now I'm looking a global depression in the face, with the very real prospect of losing my check, losing my home, losing everything I own, AND being thrown onto unemployment lines with millions of other people who have lost everything too. If that happens I'll no longer care.

You wanted the truth, well there it is. Delete this "negative energy", I don't care, I'll go back to my usual haunts on Rich Dad, Craigslist, and the Reno Gazette Journal's forums. You were the one who wanted to know. So now you know.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
CYA Running Dogg, you are our 2nd ban.

This forum now has another prohibition added: VICTIM MENTALITY

So now,

No politics
NO MLM
No Victim Mentality

You're out of here.

Please go back to Craigslist and/or RichDad.:frocket:

RAiMA

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 24, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I think people are expected to know some basics when posting on this wealth forum. It's not what happens that matters, but how you respond.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
If you would have read the post that he edited, (I saved it) you would realise that Running Dogg does not need this forum. He needs serious professional psychiatric help and medication. I wish him good luck with that.
I agree with you. I read that first post, and it was, indeed, very disturbing. Whether or not he was kidding I don't know, but it didn't sound that way.

In fact, I'm tempted to forward the post (which he later edited so not many read it) to the California authorities ... it truly was disturbing and indicated a possible mental defect which this forum cannot help.
I'd totally understand that if you did. I think it's something you should very strongly consider.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Kim,

I believe the software attempts to prevent both viewing and posting.

Peter2

Fastane Legend. RIP.
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 2, 2007
Palm Beach, FL
Kim,

I believe the software attempts to prevent both viewing and posting.

Running Dogg was on the forum earlier today.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I don't know what your "visiblity" goals are, but there is a way, I don't know how just that it exists, to allow only registered users to read the forums. So once a user is banned, deleted etc. they can no longer read. Again, don't know what you're desiring.

Yes that option is possible, however I want the forum to be open to all visitors ... even unregistered.

As for banned users, when they attempt to view the site, they get a message saying they are banned; they can't view threads or respond. When they access the site, they DO show up on the "Who's Online" log, even though they can't read any of the threads.

I ran a few tests to confirm this is indeed true. Also, I've been banned on Ferrari Chat :tdown: which uses the same board software so I know this is true.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I don't know folks, but it seems to me we should tolerate negativity. We shouldn't embrace it, but we shouldn't be scared of it. We shouldn't dislike negativity because its negative, but because of the underlying reasoning being faulty ;). I've read some people talking about how negativity effects them negatively(big surprise), but that shouldn't really happen. We should be immune to it.:D

Obviously, you didn't read all his posts, including the one that he selectively edited. Politics are prohibited - his posts all had political slants and innuendo. He's GONE and people like him thereafter, will be gone too.

In fact, I'm reporting one of his posts to the authorities first thing tomorrow as its downright disturbing and "Timothy McVeighish" .

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.