The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why I Left RD Forums

Onasip3

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Aug 17, 2007
Queen Creek AZ
I log in over there every now and then. I wasn't very big into posting I was just reading because I am still in the beginning learning stages with business and real estate. I did however post a couple of times with questions but it seemed like people were too busy arguing about dumb stuff and didn't have time to answer questions ( well not everyone but most). Also I really didn't know who to trust. That is when I stumbled across MJ's posts and found this forum. I am really looking forwrd to learning from everyone here.
Rob

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I checked out the RD forum a few days ago, and to me it seems like mostly a bunch of brain washed people posting. Reminded me of running in to a group of Amway people. :rolleyes:

DING!:iagree:

kimberland

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jul 25, 2007
Thank you MJ for this forum.
I didn't realize how much I needed it
until I got in perhaps the dumbest argument
I've been in since grade school
on the RD forums today.

Had a guy actually take credit for my life story.
(Said my success was due to taking his advice)
A few brain cells died in that thread.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thank you MJ for this forum.
I didn't realize how much I needed it
until I got in perhaps the dumbest argument
I've been in since grade school
on the RD forums today.

Had a guy actually take credit for my life story.
(Said my success was due to taking his advice)
A few brain cells died in that thread.

No problem, Its good to have you here. :smxB:

running dogg

Banned
Aug 23, 2007
Sacramento, California

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Running Dogg-

An observation:

When I read your old, old posts on the RD forums, you seem like a much more positive guy. The points you make focus much more on the positive.

When I post these days on these forums, I try to keep it positive-- not just for others reading it, but to keep my head in the right place.

It really does make a difference in my day. I tend to look at things differently.

RD.com 5 years ago:

:banana::banana::banana:

RD.com today:

:spam::repuke::spam:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'll go back to my usual haunts on Rich Dad, Craigslist, and the Reno Gazette Journal's forums.

Thats a great idea. Let me open the door for you.

camski

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 24, 2007
Noblesville, IN
I might be in the minority here but I actually do have some compassion for Rdogg. Sounds like he has had a tough run. BUT my compassion does not extend to feeling sorry for him. Nowhere in his story or his posts (that I can recall) did he ever mention what his plan was to overcome his adversity. My wish is that he would read this post and look inside himself and determine whether he really wants to find the success that we all know can be his if he is willing to work at it. I would ask MJ if he would reconsider his ban if he were willing to submit a plan of what he wants and how he plans to achieve it in a thread that all of us here can help him with and posts about what progress he is making. As well as a promise to refrain from any victim mentality posts. It might be a good excercise not only for Rdogg (should he be willing to accept these terms) but for us as a community to show that we are here willing to help others even when they are 'down and out". I truly wish him the best in whatever he does and hope he finds the success that he wants. The bottom line is that LIFE IS NOT FAIR but WE ALL KNOW THAT HERE, FROM OUR OWN EXPERIENCE we dont need someone to give their version of why it isnt.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I respectfully disagree. He earned what he got.

As a a landlord I have to be understanding toward my tenants but I don't have to be a sucker. They tell me all their sad stories and I just nod with sympathy as I still collect the rent. Sorry, he's a grown man and he knew better.

I wish him the best and hope he can turn it around. Keep it positive and good luck. Good call MJ. :cheers:

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Actually, I think that Camski's idea is genius. Somebody in a rough situation in life happens to be networking with a group of successful millionaires and could learn from them, and the only fee to pay is to be willing to leave the negativity behind. That sounds like great ROI, IMHO.

Now, is he willing to pay the price? --I know, it is easier to complaint and whine about how life sucks, but changing your mentality is the only way to move forward.

Peter2

Fastane Legend. RIP.
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 2, 2007
Palm Beach, FL
If you would have read the post that he edited, (I saved it) you would realise that Running Dogg does not need this forum. He needs serious professional psychiatric help and medication. I wish him good luck with that.

Allthingznew

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 26, 2007
I don't know what your "visiblity" goals are, but there is a way, I don't know how just that it exists, to allow only registered users to read the forums. So once a user is banned, deleted etc. they can no longer read. Again, don't know what you're desiring.

kimberland

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jul 25, 2007
Well, I think the no negativity rule
forces posters to find the positive in every negative.
So if you think the economy is going in the dumper,
how can a person benefit from it?
Someone always benefits from every single situation.

(And as you've often pointed out, Great Bear,
the so called bad situations can be the best opps)

MJ... curious as to why you don't want
the banned people reading the messages?
(Yes, I was the kid in the class always asking why)

: )

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Finding this forum is in the top 10 best things that have happened to me lately! ...Realizing that I was out growing the RD site made me smile, because it meant that I was moving forward and was really on track with how to weigh good advice from bad advice. ...Considering the fact that 1 year ago it took me months- months!- of being on the RD site to even open the Advanced Real Estate Investors Forum. I felt like I wasn't there yet, so I couldn't post there and that others wouldn't want to hear from me. Talk about low investing self-esteem! Finding all you guys over here was like Dorothy waking up back in Kansas-"everyone's here- Auntie Em, and you and you and you...you were all there and now you're all here." Kinda melodramatic I know, but seriously I am learning so much and you guys are all so great. I can't wait to post on the sticky forum! :smx9:

thecoach

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 29, 2007
Regina, SK, Canada
I'm only a couple days old on this board, but I'm already very glad that I was invited over here. While there are still a few people (maybe they are just the same people that are on here too...haha) that can give feedback or have an intelligent conversation or debate about something other than the simply "that's just stupid" or "send me an e-mail I'd love to talk to you about it" only to get a spam plug about the persons MLM company, there is a lot of distractions on that site. Almost 2 years ago, I decided I was going to quite being a "victim of my surroundings" and start making things happen in my life. About a year ago, I stumbled upon the RDPD site and there was a lot of good stuff on there, but I found I got sucked into some conversations becuase I found them interesting, but after a couple replies I realized "Why the hell am I even posting about this? This has nothing to do with anything relating to my situation in anyway!".

Anyways, I like the idea of this site, I'm still learning and transforming from a follower to a doer, so the fewer off-topic conspiracy theories I come across the better. I know it was already covered, but I think a negativity might be the wrong word for what's acceptible and what's not. If it's put out there in a contructive way, I'm all for it, but if it's just bitching and moaning or hacking at someone, it's really a waste of peoples time. I still check out the RD site all the time, but I'm sure I'll be frequenting this site a lot more.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm only a couple days old on this board, but I'm already very glad that I was invited over here. While there are still a few people (maybe they are just the same people that are on here too...haha) that can give feedback or have an intelligent conversation or debate about something other than the simply "that's just stupid" or "send me an e-mail I'd love to talk to you about it" only to get a spam plug about the persons MLM company, there is a lot of distractions on that site. Almost 2 years ago, I decided I was going to quite being a "victim of my surroundings" and start making things happen in my life. About a year ago, I stumbled upon the RDPD site and there was a lot of good stuff on there, but I found I got sucked into some conversations becuase I found them interesting, but after a couple replies I realized "Why the hell am I even posting about this? This has nothing to do with anything relating to my situation in anyway!".

Anyways, I like the idea of this site, I'm still learning and transforming from a follower to a doer, so the fewer off-topic conspiracy theories I come across the better. I know it was already covered, but I think a negativity might be the wrong word for what's acceptible and what's not. If it's put out there in a contructive way, I'm all for it, but if it's just bitching and moaning or hacking at someone, it's really a waste of peoples time. I still check out the RD site all the time, but I'm sure I'll be frequenting this site a lot more.

I think much of what you're describing is that the inmates over there sense that no one is running the asylum, therefore, run rampant.

Here is a different story. I rule with an iron fist and have my hand perpetually on the ban button!!! :) Anyone tries to pull that conspiracy shit over here and here is what they get:

professor_t-ban.jpg

thecoach

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 29, 2007
Regina, SK, Canada
Mr. T's bad a$$...I'm not messin' with that!

Legacy Dad

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Sep 3, 2007
Worldwide, depending on the month.
I got on the RD.com boards way back in early 2001, back then it was discussing deals, people actually coming back from a closing and giving feedback. Systems, formulas, and dreams.

Today it is all talk, no action. Political Banter, Conspiracy Buffs and Chronic Victims.

People asking the same questions over and over without hitting the search button.

I would like to give most of these people some Anthony Robbins material and say "Read this, life sucks sometimes, stop whining and get off your a$$ and do something! Change your situation."

Once, RD.com hit critical mass it started going downhill.

I'm glad fastlane is designed to keep the crap at bay.

Lance

RE Taipan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Aug 28, 2007
Balboa Island, CA
As I understand it from another thread, RK took rather strident umbrage at a number of his followers in PHX for being on the internet.

Yet his own website has, based on what has been related in this thread, a rather "active" following. This, in addition to an online version of CF101.....

--- Just an observation...does this seem a bit hypocritical?

(No further comments on this from me)

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Just an observation...does this seem a bit hypocritical?
Actually, from what he told us about himself, it's not.

He personally sees little or no value in spending time online.

He does see the value in it for generating revenue (so he has others working on this for him).

But here's the really big aha: He still sees TV as the way to get his message out.

I think he underestimates the power of the internet.

-Russ H.

Jason_MI

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 25, 2007
I think you have a very interesting point there, Russ. In my former line of business, I ran into a huge percentage, an overwhelming number of people, on the business and customer side, who believed the staid, old-school thinking was right, no matter what, and they even carried it as a badge of pride. "They don't build 'em like they used to..." "That'll never work....", etc.

That kind of thinking is prevalent among people who are either poor, think poor, uneducated, scared, etc., etc., financially. And that's the majority of people in this country. Only when someone has the courage to shift their viewpoint and, even if they don't accept/believe/support new things, but at least consider them, do they change. And I don't care if it's how we build houses/cars/goods or new technologies or new social mores.

And to have RK say it is probably the biggest thing I've ever seen that shows a real flaw in his teachings. Not "well, we've thought about it, but it isn't right for us at this time..." or "we believe this is the best path for the moment" says a lot more than outright rejection.

Very interesting, indeed.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
RK is what..... about 60?

I remember watching a clip where he talks about intentionally trying to stay w/ the times... hair, clothing, because it will keep his mind also in the times...

... so he appears to be aware that this happens to people (doesn't it happen to us all in one way or another?).. and he is taking steps to try not to go in the direction of being the old fart...

interesting topic.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.