The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why do so many books sound like TMF?

A post of a ranting nature...

Ashish Kulkarni

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2018
Stirling, UK
this is scripted bs... wealthy people have significantly increased levels of life satisfaction than poor people

it’s not everything but it’s significant

More wealth you have, more impact you can make on humanity. Elon Musk is a prime example. He is planning to send people to Mars.

We all have the same brain. Not having to worry about day-to-day means billionaires can worry about other things like how to reduce carbon emissions, increase energy generation from renewables, etc.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RyanSki

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Mar 17, 2014
A little off topic for this thread, but on topic for this forum, but there’s actually a bit of controversy surrounding the notion that Jesus was actually poor. A number of biblical scholars argue that he and his family may have actually been pretty wealthy. For example, the robe that he wore was supposedly of the absolute finest quality.

"Mary and Joseph took a Cadillac to get to Bethlehem because the finest transportation of their day was a donkey," says Anderson. "Poor people ate their donkey. Only the wealthy used it as transportation.”
I’m not a historian so I don’t know the validity of that claim, but I’m just pointing out the controversy.

I mean Jesus was a carpenter, which is hardly the wealth-building profession, but even if he were poor being in his social position, it’s not a far stretch to think that he anything he wanted would have been on the house. “Sir your money is no good here. Please, come sit at our finest table and anything you want is compliments of the chef.”

The New Testament reports that Roman soldiers gambled for Jesus' clothing while he hung on the cross. They wouldn't gamble for Jesus' clothing unless it was expensive, Anderson says.

The 12th chapter of the Gospel of John says that Jesus had a treasurer, or a "keeper of the money bag.”

"The last time I checked, poor people don't have treasurers to take care their money," says Brown, author of "Devil, Demons and Spiritual Warfare.”
Although many churches have a treasurer to take care of collections.

But anyway, one of the articles:

Passions over 'prosperity gospel': Was Jesus wealthy? - CNN.com

Regardless of how true it is, it’s still inteeresting to think about.

Fascinating! Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The author goes on about how everyone is given same advise:

Go to school
Get good grades
Get a degree
Get a job
Settle down
Blah blah blah

Maybe I haven't read many books in my genre, but it used to be the opposite.

This is the advice that is given (not criticized) and then after given a heavy dose of "save your pennies" you're followed up by the climax, compound interest -- save your money for 50 years so you can be rich. I don't know of many authors who impugn compound interest as a scam. IMO, this is why you'll never find my work on the front page of any mainstream media rag, unless it's to criticize the message.

Maybe things have changed in recent years.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Maybe I haven't read many books in my genre, but it used to be the opposite.

This is the advice that is given (not criticized) and then after given a heavy dose of "save your pennies" you're followed up by the climax, compound interest -- save your money for 50 years so you can be rich. I don't know of many authors who impugn compound interest as a scam. IMO, this is why you'll never find my work on the front page of any mainstream media rag, unless it's to criticize the message.

Maybe things have changed in recent years.
Most of the stuff I’ve seen about you in the mainstream has been positive. Forbes, for instance:

Some of these million-dollar businesses are inspired by writers such as outsourcing guru Tim Ferriss, author of The 4-Hour Workweek, and MJ DeMarco, author of The Millionaire Fastlane —whose book on entrepreneurship Walton says changed his life. “It trains you to shift the way your brain thinks from a consumer mindset—“I’m going to spend all this money I don’t have” — to a producer mindset, where you provide value to other people and in return become valuable,” he says.

Forbes: How Bold Entrepreneurs Are Breaking $1 Million In One-Person Businesses

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.