The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Who here bodybuilds?

lifer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Nov 21, 2013
Are you talking about TRT (Testosterone Replacement Therapy), is that considered a steroid? I heard about a lot of older guys taking it...not just to get big and buff but to have all the benefits of a bit more testosterone. Now that seems normal to me haha, but I wouldn't do something like that until about 30+ years from now I bet.

I am on TRT too, but it's self medicated and much higher than what a doctor would prescribe. It makes it easier to maintain massive amounts of muscle that wasn't gained naturally. The only difference between TRT and abusing steroids is the dosages.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

parkerscott

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Dec 4, 2013
Bingo.

You said your goal is to reach your natural limits. How about a number? How much do you want to weigh? At what % BF? What about the weights you lift? Reps? Sets?

I will 1 rep max 5 plates for squat and deadlift by March 30, 2014. Bench 3 and a quarter. I'll maintain a bodyweight of 195 but lower my BF to 7%. THIS is how you should set your goals. Same goes for your macros.

HongKingKong is right in that BB does require a time commitment. Preparing meals, eating, commute to gym, exercising, sleeping, etc all add up. I've been living the lifestyle for a solid 5+ years and can certainly attest to his point. I love it though, so I don't mind one bit.

Let me know if I can help you with anything

The only problem with this is that i do set goals but they are not always attainable do to genetics which is variably different from other goals like making money. Sure i could say i want a 5 plate deadlift in two years but thats not always attainable genetically. Im wanting to get up to a 3 plate bench by this summer but work is terrible on my body, and im cutting down on weight from my previous bulk. Once i start bulking again the goal will be more attainable but i cant add 10lbs to my lifts every week due to genetics.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
I am on TRT too, but it's self medicated and much higher than what a doctor would prescribe. It makes it easier to maintain massive amounts of muscle that wasn't gained naturally. The only difference between TRT and abusing steroids is the dosages.
I'm not on TRT, but who knows maybe in a few decades? So do you get it online or at a store?

PS: I think this is a video you guys will like

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Crossfit Crossfit Crossfit. Can't say enough about it. It changed my whole philosophy on working out. Don't think I'll ever work out another way again.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Last edited:

Gsuz

If you want the crown, you gotta take it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Jul 3, 2012
Kqctx.gif

supermannpc

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Feb 27, 2012
I was a National Level Bodybuilder for about 5 years.
You guys are right there is not enough time to completely focus on fast lane and bodybuilding.
When my business started picking up I decided to let it go. That dedication and drive from bodybuilding has helped me push my business in the right direction. avatar.JPG

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
That dedication and drive from bodybuilding has helped me push my business in the right direction

I truly believe that the dedication and commitment for bodybuilding success (or some other world class athletic pursuit) is the same for entrepreneurship as well. There aren't a lot of shortcuts. Just hard work, dedication, persistence, and patience. They are two truly process oriented endeavors. .

quickdrawyall

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Nov 8, 2013
Switched to the dark side eh? I've seen many people make the switch, seems like once you go down this path there is no coming back. Unless you're competing I don't really see why you would need to.
For a lot of people it's not about a need. I think it's like taking Modafinil or Nootropics for entrepreneurs. You could get by and do well without it, but sometimes it's just about pushing your limits. There's something about being able to operate at a level that's beyond what your body could normally do. It's just a matter of personal opinion. The health side effects commonly spouted are debatable, and who doesn't want their results faster?
If your fast lane business could be up in 6 months instead of a year if you took Modafinil and a bunch of nootropics, would you do it?
The same applies to steroids or hormones. If you could have your goal body in 6 months instead of a year, would you do it?

Personally, I don't currently use. But there are one or two hormones with minimal side effects that I'd consider under the right conditions. For example, personally I hate the idea of dropping fat and losing any strength, so there are a couple very mild steroids that are cutting agents that help build lean myofibrillar tissue.
It really just depends on every person and exactly what they want to achieve. It's just a shame that so many people attach it to being a moral issue. It's only immoral if you lie about it and say you're natural.

Hong King Kong

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Sep 29, 2012
Everywhere
For a lot of people it's not about a need. I think it's like taking Modafinil or Nootropics for entrepreneurs. You could get by and do well without it, but sometimes it's just about pushing your limits. There's something about being able to operate at a level that's beyond what your body could normally do. It's just a matter of personal opinion. The health side effects commonly spouted are debatable, and who doesn't want their results faster?
If your fast lane business could be up in 6 months instead of a year if you took Modafinil and a bunch of nootropics, would you do it?
The same applies to steroids or hormones. If you could have your goal body in 6 months instead of a year, would you do it?
Personally, I don't currently use. But there are one or two hormones with minimal side effects that I'd consider under the right conditions. For example, personally I hate the idea of dropping fat and losing any strength, so there are a couple very mild steroids that are cutting agents that help build lean myofibrillar tissue.
It really just depends on every person and exactly what they want to achieve. It's just a shame that so many people attach it to being a moral issue. It's only immoral if you lie about it and say you're natural.

I'd take the Modafinil if it guarantees a fastlane business in 6 months. Why? Because after that it will be separate from my time, making me money passively. Then I would quit taking Modafinil and go enjoy my life.

Roids on the other hand... even if it can guarantee your "goal body" in 6 months... you can't just quit working out and stop taking roids. You'd lose your gains and start growing gyno. To maintain a fit body you gotta continuously work out anyway, now you gotta take roids too. And roids can get expensive... so thats why I say you dont need it unless you're competing and need the edge to win

I got no "moral issues" against users. Financially I just dont think its a smart choice unless you are in a competition or have low testosterone levels.

quickdrawyall

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Nov 8, 2013
I'd take the Modafinil if it guarantees a fastlane business in 6 months. Why? Because after that it will be separate from my time, making me money passively. Then I would quit taking Modafinil and go enjoy my life.

Roids on the other hand... even if it can guarantee your "goal body" in 6 months... you can't just quit working out and stop taking roids. You'd lose your gains and start growing gyno. To maintain a fit body you gotta continuously work out anyway, now you gotta take roids too. And roids can get expensive... so thats why I say you dont need it unless you're competing and need the edge to win

I got no "moral issues" against users. Financially I just dont think its a smart choice unless you are in a competition or have low testosterone levels.

Well with a fast lane business you would spend at least some time on it even after the 6 months.

And actually with some steroids you will not get gyno, as they don't aromatize, are very mild, and don't lose your gains because they're not wet gainers. It's all dense myofibrillar tissue.

It really just depends. But drugs like epistane, Anavar, and probably even Winstrol are not drugs that you would need to keep taking.

The gains you would see on those are ones that you would keep, simply with maintaining with about 4 hours as you would with your fast lane business, probably, and eating enough protein and generally tracking your macronutrient intake to maintain.
It would not at all be crazy to think there are a couple steroids that would accelerate your journey to your goal body that you could keep there without harsh side effects.

To be clear, I'm not recommending it or saying you should or shouldn't, just that those are in fact possible things. Not all steroids are out there to make you huge

nileez

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Oct 15, 2013
I don't ever see myself going back to training natural. I have to admit that I love steroids. Partly because I had low testosterone to begin with. The depression, insecurities etc were all gone. I'm not even sure if I like the mental effects more than the physical.

Nice. How long had you been training before starting to take roids? Also, what motivated you to go non-natty?

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
ME.
Oh no, wait. Shit. I don't.
Sorry.

I saw your name next to this thread and thought "why is Vig posting in this thread? I know he's not bodybuilding, lol."

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Hey. It's no easy feat to maintain this physique.

hotshot

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Sep 24, 2012
Ontario
Haha. Vig you should totally start bodybuilding. Or anyone else considering it.

I started out just trying to look good. Nobody ever explained just how good it would feel. Probably because you just have to try it yourself. My back pain went away. No more issues sleeping. I'm a lifer :cool:

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
Legally - pharmaceutical grade prescription from a doctor.

Guess this guy's age:

dr_life_3.img_assist_custom.jpg

He's 72.

You can find more about TRT and this guy here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21151163

Damn, that's awesome he is in the 1% of the 1% of 70 y/o with a great body I bet haha. I don't need it right now (I had my blood drawn to check T levels recently, I thought I had low T though) but like I said when I get older I will most likely take TRT or something similar to keep myself in top shape.

I first heard about TRT on a podcast I listen to. Joe Rogan, he's the guy who hosts the podcast I'm talking about and apparently he is on HGH and TRT. Google "Joe Rogan TRT" and you'll find some clips of him talking about it I bet. Thanks for the article and pic!

recon187

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Dec 14, 2013
I've been doing Mix Martial arts the last few years. I've been rolling with the local ex 9 time world champion and my body just can't take the beatings anymore. I've since started lifting exclusively a month ago. I'm hoping for less injuries and definitely fewer black eyes :) been looking into the 5x5 lifts program. wish me luck.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.