The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where to park money from business sale? Anything better than a savings account

Anything related to investing, including crypto

samuraijack

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 27, 2014
New York, New York
Hey yall,

I sold my bizz last year, right at the 7 fig mark after taxes. Money has just been sitting in my "savings" bank account rotting away.

I have a tiny amount in crypto ($25k in ETH)

Where else should I put some of the money that is low risk? I don't really care about returns as long as i can take money out quick and better than the 0.02% my savings account is giving me.

I currently have only basic knowledge of the stock market.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

GuestUser4aMPs1

First: Grats!

Second: No idea. I struggled to know where to park the cash after making it too, and don't like just living on the savings. Dividend stocks? REITS? Not a clue. @Kak / @MJ DeMarco ?

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
First: Grats!

Second: No idea. I struggled to know where to park the cash after making it too, and don't like just living on the savings. Dividend stocks? REITS? Not a clue. @Kak / @MJ DeMarco ?
To be fair, it sounds like you have some clue...

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
Hey yall,

I sold my bizz last year, right at the 7 fig mark after taxes. Money has just been sitting in my "savings" bank account rotting away.

Where else should I put some of the money that is low risk? I don't really care about returns as long as i can take money out quick and better than the 0.02% my savings account is giving me.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
  • Blue chip dividend stocks (ideally with at least 25 years of consistent dividend increases),
  • REITs (as above, the longer the history, the better)
Less liquid:
  • P2P real estate loans (you can choose short-term ones or invest on platforms where there's a secondary market if you need more liquidity)
Other things are even less liquid.

WestCoast

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Jan 20, 2008
Rhode Island for now.
I'm going to suggest something extremely boring:

Spend the dollars and invest some hours with a *fee only* financial advisor.
Not the financial advisors that most people know of - where they try to sell you high load stuff, insurance policies, or whatever.

Fee only people are like a lawyer. They get paid a lot per hour, and that's it.
There are not a lot of them, but they exist in every major city.

They won't try to sell you anything. (aside from you joining their client list on an annual fee basis)
They can walk you through your options, opportunities - and they have no conflict of interest.

Like a lawyer, most of them will talk to you for free for the first hour.
You can talk to 10 of them if you want. But, they can (generally) be trusted, since they are independent.

That would be my first call.

fridge

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jun 4, 2020
USA
What is the time frame that you need/plan to need the cash? If you have 7 figures, you should be able to get a good blend of stocks, a small amount of crypto, real estate, and opening another business (even if its part time) to get a return of around 6-8% per year. But every option listed above is completely dependent on if/when you need the money. I wouldn't suggest investing in any of these options if you plan to need the money in the next few months.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Hey yall,

1. Buy unscripted
2. Go straight to the “money system” chapter(s)

Follow that.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.