- Joined
- Sep 23, 2014
- Messages
- 26
Rep Bank
$235
$235
User Power: 62%
Lately i have been thinking a lot about what's my purpose? What am I going to do to change the world? What truly motivates me?
Trying to find that answer i read the book "drive" by Daniel H Pink. (A great book, a lot of fluff, but definitely some nuggets of wisdom in there)
While reading, he has a section talking about every great man has one sentence. One sentence that really defines their legacy.
examples pink used in the book are:
"He preserved the union and freed the slaves" Abraham Lincoln
He lifted us out of a great depression and helped us win a world war" - Theodore Roosevelt
He goes on to mention that your sentence doesn't have to be something extraordinary (ex. "He raised four kids who became happy healthy adults","He cared about every person who stepped in his office regardless of their ability to pay" etc.), it just has to be something that ,when you die, you'll be happy to be remembered by that.
For me I'm trying to decide what my sentence should be. I know i cannot create it myself, but I do know I can move in a more focused direction by figuring out how i want to be remembered. So for me my sentence would be "He impacted millions of lives". and Even just stating that out loud and writing it down, I'm able to connect my smaller goals, with this larger one.
So im just curious, in one phrase how do you want to be remembered, whats your legacy you're trying to leave behind.
What's YOUR sentence?
Trying to find that answer i read the book "drive" by Daniel H Pink. (A great book, a lot of fluff, but definitely some nuggets of wisdom in there)
While reading, he has a section talking about every great man has one sentence. One sentence that really defines their legacy.
examples pink used in the book are:
"He preserved the union and freed the slaves" Abraham Lincoln
He lifted us out of a great depression and helped us win a world war" - Theodore Roosevelt
He goes on to mention that your sentence doesn't have to be something extraordinary (ex. "He raised four kids who became happy healthy adults","He cared about every person who stepped in his office regardless of their ability to pay" etc.), it just has to be something that ,when you die, you'll be happy to be remembered by that.
For me I'm trying to decide what my sentence should be. I know i cannot create it myself, but I do know I can move in a more focused direction by figuring out how i want to be remembered. So for me my sentence would be "He impacted millions of lives". and Even just stating that out loud and writing it down, I'm able to connect my smaller goals, with this larger one.
So im just curious, in one phrase how do you want to be remembered, whats your legacy you're trying to leave behind.
What's YOUR sentence?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
