The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What's up Fastlaners!

jpcoder

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 20, 2020
Arkansas
Hello folks.

My name is Jon and I've been lurking around here for a while but just getting around to doing an intro. I've read both of MJ's books. Great stuff!

A little about me.

I've been a tech geek for a long time. Built a lot of computers, tore a lot a part. I even ran a small two node Bulletin Board System (BBS) back in the day that, near its end, actually sent messages back and forth with the then burgeoning internet.

I have been a software developer for 20+ years. From databases to front end UI, web to mobile apps, on-prem servers to cloud based SAAS, I've done a little of almost everything.

I have run an Amazon FBA business in the past but I'm looking for a business opportunity with more Control(ENTS).

I just got finished co-leading a book study on the Millionaire Fastlane book. Me and a buddy took a high school senior and his dad thru the book hoping to impart some business wisdom on the this young man that we wish we had at his age while giving the older folks some entrepreneurial inspiration. We are planning on doing this study again with another young adult soon.

That's all for now. Any questions?

Have a great day!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Jon! Quite the impressive resume!

impart some business wisdom on the this young man

He wants to be an entrepreneur? Or an unwilling participant?

jpcoder

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 20, 2020
Arkansas
Welcome Jon! Quite the impressive resume!

He wants to be an entrepreneur? Or an unwilling participant?
He wants to do something with churches and ministry (not real sure what that is yet). Basically something that wouldn't generate much if any money. The entrepreneurship would give him a means to support himself and a family to then be able to pursue these other important but low/non-profit ideas.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Captain Kirk screaming KHAN! !!!!!

Trekkie?

jpcoder

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 20, 2020
Arkansas
Captain Kirk screaming KHAN! !!!!!

Trekkie?

Yea, thought you'd like that. :)

Maybe not as big a trekkie as you but I did really enjoy the original series and most of the original cast movies. I liked most of the reboot movies as well. I didn't watch much of the other Star Trek shows.

I love me some Star Wars as well (original trilogy, others not so much). I used to watch the original Star Wars movie every day after school, on Beta. :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.